U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 09:08 PM

26,776 posts, read 17,223,791 times

Advertisements

I can't think of anything that a Rueben wouldn't make better!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 09:36 PM

18,179 posts, read 12,162,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I can't think of anything that a Rueben wouldn't make better!
My sentiments!

Old 11-10-2017, 05:08 PM

18,179 posts, read 12,162,554 times
I decided to post an update. It has been two weeks since i went off the flagyl and cipro meds I had to take for diverticulits. I still was having pain several days after that and I went to see my doc. We decided to wait and see, and I have gradually felt less pain every day since.

However I do not feel myself. I function OK, but my energy level is low. I don't feel this is improvng very much. I don't know if I will eventually feel better, or not. This is a source of discouragement.

I appreciate the rec for Jarrow probiotics. I actually feel taking them helped my digestion. I am still takng the pills.

So far no tendon pain.

Thanks for your past posts on this.

Old 11-12-2017, 05:13 PM

14,602 posts, read 29,438,913 times
Good luck to you. Hopefully the probiotics will help over time. In the meantime eat a yummy reuben!

Old 06-28-2018, 01:09 PM

5,798 posts, read 8,305,944 times
Default Now I have it too: diverticulitis

Looking for answers. Went to the ER in terrible pain middle of the night. Diverticulitis diagnosis. Sent me home with Percocet (ugh), anti nausea med and this drug, Moxifloxacin HCL 400 mg. I declined Cipro and Flagyl. Had it once for C-diff diagnosis (wrong) and said never again. I am 75 .

Saw PCP yesterday. Said to continue soft diet, take the drug and come back in 3 months. Today I have had bloody diarrhea. Is it from the drug (supposedly side effect) or something with the diagnosis? Going back to the liquids for awhile. Mabe I started soft too soon. Pain is gone but so much rumbling, rumbling !!!

I think this drug is in the same category as Cipro and Flagyl, so they duped me !!! Strange thing is I am a sauerkraut addict. So why is this happening to me? Appreciate anyone's help.

Old 06-28-2018, 01:15 PM

15,203 posts, read 3,103,694 times
I'd call the MD office about bloody diarrhea....it is a known side effect. Best to let them know....

if you can still take it after talking with them do so...it's an antibacterial med.

Old 06-28-2018, 01:29 PM

1,014 posts, read 527,324 times
I've had a doctor tell me never to take cipro, it can increase neurological problems I might be susceptible to.

What helps my digestion is definitely sauerkraut (I get the canned kind) and also fresh raw veggies.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:48 PM

21,199 posts, read 25,671,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Looking for answers. Went to the ER in terrible pain middle of the night. Diverticulitis diagnosis. Sent me home with Percocet (ugh), anti nausea med and this drug, Moxifloxacin HCL 400 mg. I declined Cipro and Flagyl. Had it once for C-diff diagnosis (wrong) and said never again. I am 75 .

Saw PCP yesterday. Said to continue soft diet, take the drug and come back in 3 months. Today I have had bloody diarrhea. Is it from the drug (supposedly side effect) or something with the diagnosis? Going back to the liquids for awhile. Mabe I started soft too soon. Pain is gone but so much rumbling, rumbling !!!

I think this drug is in the same category as Cipro and Flagyl, so they duped me !!! Strange thing is I am a sauerkraut addict. So why is this happening to me? Appreciate anyone's help.
Follow up with your doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Answers View Post
I've had a doctor tell me never to take cipro, it can increase neurological problems I might be susceptible to.

What helps my digestion is definitely sauerkraut (I get the canned kind) and also fresh raw veggies.
Fresh raw veggies are not a good idea with diverticulitis.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...t/art-20048499

Old 06-28-2018, 03:58 PM

5,530 posts, read 3,121,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
One way of getting probiotics that a dr told me about is to eat sauerkraut or pickles. But she said they have to be "real" pickles and sauerkraut. I'm not sure what that means but I went and got mine in a health food store so that it would be high quality. Apparently most of the supermarket stuff is junk and won't do it for you.

Here's one place to start:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/5...-in-the-store/
You do know that you can make your own pickles from cucumbers, and also your own sauerkraut from cabbage. My husband's family is of German heritage and have passed down their recipes to me from 50 years ago. Grant you it does take TIME to do both.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:46 PM

26,776 posts, read 17,223,791 times
canned saurkraut does not contain probiotics.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or