Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 11:07 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,239,356 times

Advertisements

I dont have any issues being nude in front of anyone. Go ahead...touch it! Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 11:10 AM

14,824 posts, read 11,962,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
A male doctor would be less intimidating as far as the judgment factor when seeing your privates. You can say doctors are doctors, but they are humans first and foremost. It is in our nature to judge anything and everything at first sight.
I'd say that "judgement" factor gets bored out of health care professionals after the first 7 million "private parts " they encounter in their work days. Unless there is something very unusual about a given individual's parts (say an unusual tattoo there, or rings through some of those parts, or even old injuries to those parts, an injury or illness that needs treatment, ) I doubt the health care professional will even remember what those patients' parts look like after the encounter.

And I'm equally sure the good docs don't engage in comparative private part morphologies!

Old 10-31-2017, 12:22 PM

20,614 posts, read 8,384,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
the reason I dont want a male dr. is because a male will never know what it is to feel the way a woman does - in her private area and he will never have a breast exam - he knows nothing of what either feels like - a woman will know what I am saying.
This!

Old 10-31-2017, 12:40 PM

5,406 posts, read 3,967,716 times
OK, I HAVE to put in this joke, I have been holding back long enough.

Guy goes to his doctor and asks "would you ever laugh at a patient's genitalia if there was something wrong with it?"

Doctor assures him that he is a professional, has seen everything, and would never have such a reaction.

So the patient drops his pants, revealing the smallest p*nis the doctor has ever seen. The doctor holds in the laughter, bites his fist, turns his head, and finally regains his composure.

"So what seems to be the problem, sir?" the doctor asks.

"What can I do about this swelling?"

Old 10-31-2017, 03:23 PM

23,690 posts, read 9,259,323 times
i would not want a male doctor looking at my area.i am a guy

Old 10-31-2017, 07:42 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,143,953 times
I have no problem with it. My late wife and I both went to the same male family practitioner. She had asked him some kind of sexual question, don't recall what, but she said he seemed embarrassed and never gave her much of an answer. So not long after that it was my turn for an annual checkup, and she said when I get my prostate checked I should say, "Ohhhhhhh yeah, DEEPER!" When it came time, I told him what she said. I think it was the last prostate exam I got from him. (Got the blood check, which he said was better, and then he retired a couple years later.)

Old 10-31-2017, 09:26 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,977,644 times
I've had male and female doctors examine my privy parts. No issues.

The only difference I'd say is that female doctors (I'm a male) are more skeptical when I tell them certain things. When they see my lab work, I always grin ear-to-ear because 99% of what I tell them ends up being true.

The most awkward visit? I had a brief hospital stay about 10 years ago. The hospital asked if I'd like to be interviewed and examined by a med school student. I agree and in walks this 25-year old Salma Hayek clone except this lady was a bit curvier up top and in the back. She's wearing high heels, a skirt and a button down shirt that can barely hold her.......uh......"joy." The doc has these librarian glasses and a really sweet disposition. We talked quite a bit after the examination as it was clear that she was relieved to be having a conversation with someone closer to her age (I was only 20 at the time). When she asked examine my privy parts, let's just say that having a football game on TV was helpful in avoiding embarrassment.

Last edited by jgn2013; 10-31-2017 at 09:36 PM..

Old 10-31-2017, 09:38 PM

17,350 posts, read 13,077,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1eutian View Post
I don't really care if the Dr is male or female, I just want them to have warm hands.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:15 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,389,532 times
No, I really don't care

Old 11-01-2017, 02:52 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,760,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
I've had male and female doctors examine my privy parts. No issues.

The only difference I'd say is that female doctors (I'm a male) are more skeptical when I tell them certain things. When they see my lab work, I always grin ear-to-ear because 99% of what I tell them ends up being true.

The most awkward visit? I had a brief hospital stay about 10 years ago. The hospital asked if I'd like to be interviewed and examined by a med school student. I agree and in walks this 25-year old Salma Hayek clone except this lady was a bit curvier up top and in the back. She's wearing high heels, a skirt and a button down shirt that can barely hold her.......uh......"joy." The doc has these librarian glasses and a really sweet disposition. We talked quite a bit after the examination as it was clear that she was relieved to be having a conversation with someone closer to her age (I was only 20 at the time). When she asked examine my privy parts, let's just say that having a football game on TV was helpful in avoiding embarrassment.
But how did your ear infection work out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness