Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 06:00 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,222,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
When the industry says it wont spread at all by kissing , thats when one needs to be doubly careful..
What "industry" would that be?

It's been well known now for decades that HIV is not transmitted through saliva and therefore NOT through kissing?

New to the concept of how HIV is transmitted are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 10:01 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,418,653 times
People would still have sex. Syphilis caused very painful deaths for tons of people back in the day, and it didn't stop anyone. HPV and herpes can both bypass condoms, and that doesn't stop people from having sex now.

And HIV is no longer the death sentence it once was.

Old 11-05-2017, 11:08 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,592,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert817 View Post
If a condom could not protect against HIV/AIDs, do you think most people wouldn't want to have sex anymore? I know condoms protect. But lets say HIV mutated and then all of a sudden, condoms no longer protected against HIV anymore, then do you believe most people wouldn't have sex anymore?
I’m 100% sure they would still have sex. Most people think it won’t happen to me, and many don’t see it as a death sentence anymore. With medication it can be managed.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:52 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Some would, but the great majority of people wouldn't. Hell, the reality of HIV even doesn't stop people from engaging in unprotected sex today.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:17 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
What "industry" would that be?

It's been well known now for decades that HIV is not transmitted through saliva and therefore NOT through kissing?

New to the concept of how HIV is transmitted are you?
Good question. The highly trained medical researcher "industry"?

Many different, unaffliiated physcians and other researchers across the world have been studying the disease for close to 40 years. Contact with saliva alone has never been shown to result in transmission of HIV.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:56 PM

3,128 posts, read 2,253,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert817 View Post
If a condom could not protect against HIV/AIDs, do you think most people wouldn't want to have sex anymore? I know condoms protect. But lets say HIV mutated and then all of a sudden, condoms no longer protected against HIV anymore, then do you believe most people wouldn't have sex anymore?
The urge to merge is a natural human emotion. I doubt anything short of a physical issue would negate that.

Old 11-05-2017, 11:30 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
I am saving myself for my wedding night partly due to STDs but other reasons.However there will always be fornication and sexual sin.Jehovah and Christ and the Holy Ghost created us to be sexual creatures but sadly the majority of people are unchaste.The Bible doesnt scare most people from sleeping around so no disease could stamp out sexual depravity.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:49 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
HIV doesn't stop people from having sex without a condom. In fact, I've heard that some men will pay extra to have unprotected sex with prostitutes.

I can't imagine HIV would all of a sudden put an end to sex when it never has before.
You have heard correctly. I don’t know if you are a woman or a man but ... if you are a man you might have an idea of how many of your peers are not just willing to but would prefer to; forgo the condom. With a hooker.

If you are a woman; you don’t even want to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
This is not true at all. Being bisexual simply means that someone is attracted to both genders, it doesn't mean they are having sex with people of both genders, or anyone at all. A person can be bisexual and a virgin. It doesn't mean they cheat either, someone who is bisexual is just as likely to practice monogamy with their current partner as a heterosexual person.
I assumed he meant “bisexual sex”. And he’s actually right. You become an “equal opportunity” mode of transmission.

Bi sexual people, on the other hand; will be as individual as anybody else. And you can have bisexual sex without being bisexual.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:16 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
You have heard correctly. I don’t know if you are a woman or a man but ... if you are a man you might have an idea of how many of your peers are not just willing to but would prefer to; forgo the condom. With a hooker.

If you are a woman; you don’t even want to know.

I assumed he meant “bisexual sex”. And he’s actually right. You become an “equal opportunity” mode of transmission.

Bi sexual people, on the other hand; will be as individual as anybody else. And you can have bisexual sex without being bisexual.
It's possible the poster meant that, but as is the post reads highly incorrect and unfair to people who are bisexual. The assumption that bisexual=promiscuous is very common but untrue. It's important to be very clear when one is talking about people's sexual orientation vs specific sexual activities. It is certainly not true that bisexual people are the most "dangerous." Anyone, male or female who engages in anal sex outside of a completly monogamous, HIV tested relationship would be at highest risk for HIV.

Quote:
This is why bi-sexual people are the most dangerous, regarding venereally-spread diseases. If you discover that your partner is bi-sexual, you are at much greater risk of catching something. Obviously, a bi-sexual person would have at least two sexual partners. And if someone cheats on their partner with one other person, they are more likely to do it with more of them. And most viruses can penetrate the mucus membranes, such as the genitals, anus, mouth and eyes. Some lab workers have contracted HIV, by getting a splatter of infected blood in an eye.

Last edited by detshen; 11-06-2017 at 02:03 AM..

Old 11-06-2017, 03:33 AM

1,047 posts, read 725,444 times
Default reply

Yes, it would reduce it to a degree. But it would also inspire people to learn more about the facts. This is a blood disease hence it always coming from anal intercourse or needles. Hiv dies during oral sex and male female vaginal intercourse. Making people understand this is very difficult. The Center of disease control makes these facts a little vague to make you fear even herto vag intercourse. Their minds they are doing it to protect you. It is like when your trainer says no food past 6 pm but you they know you will eat up to 7 or 8pm. If they told you 8Pm (which may be ok for your body) you may eat at 10pm. They are being really strict b/c they know you are going to cheat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness