Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 10:07 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,504 times

Advertisements

Natural and homeopathic medicine have a long history, modern medicine is profit driven. My guess is that medicine efficiency depends upon the situation and person, but it's difficult to know the details; studies have not only been shown to unreliable/biased but right out fraudulent.

But I'm sure of one thing: cancer patients die from the treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRdj2rag-Q0

Old 12-20-2017, 10:08 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,648,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
My son survived a disease that is 100% fatal without treatment. I consider that amazing. There are millions who have undergone treatment for cancer who have no evidence of recurrence many years later.

Why shouldn't homeopathy have to demonstrate that it is effective for the claims it makes? It can't, you know. Tap water will work just as well.
And what's it to you?

Why do YOU care that others use what they wish to use?

No one is going to take away your precious chemo or radiation.

Stay in your own lane.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:08 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
SQ:

Proof, you want proof. Give me proof that the pharma drugs cure cancers...I said a while back I just lost a friend after about 6 various cancer drug tries. Another friend is in the battle with a barriage of drugs and time will tell with her.

I have a friend online who owns a blog and she's doing all her own treatments. Last I heard she was doing good and the photo of her looked like she was pretty healthy.
I already gave you anecdotal proof that drugs cure cancers: my son. He went off treatment in 1991 and is still alive. He's cured.

As I said before, kids with the same leukemia he had now have a 90% chance of being alive 10 years later, and if they have not relapsed by then they probably will not.

https://www.stjude.org/disease/acute...kemia-all.html

"What are the survival rates for acute lymphoblastic leukemia?

About 98 percent of children with ALL go into remission within weeks after starting treatment.
About 90 percent of those children can be cured. Patients are considered cured after 10 years in remission."

This is a fairly typical story of alt med and cancer:

Wellness Warrior blogger Jessica Ainscough, dies of cancer at age 30 | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-20-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
And what's it to you?

Why do YOU care that others use what they wish to use?

No one is going to take away your precious chemo or radiation.

Stay in your own lane.
I note you did not answer my question.

Why shouldn't homeopathy have to demonstrate that it is effective for the claims it makes?

Old 12-20-2017, 10:15 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
thelogo

That was a great 8 minute video, I will send it on to some of my friends...definitely worth viewing/hearing it all. Thanks.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
((Tap water will work just as well.)) Got my laugh today, better late than not at all. Think I'll go drink some tap so I can sleep better.

As always everyone has their stories...many do survive and many don't.
Yep, tap water will work just as well as homeopathy, because all homeopathic remedies are is water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
Natural and homeopathic medicine have a long history, modern medicine is profit driven. My guess is that medicine efficiency depends upon the situation and person, but it's difficult to know the details; studies have not only been shown to unreliable/biased but right out fraudulent.

But I'm sure of one thing: cancer patients die from the treatment.
Cancer patients die from cancer. No one is saying that everyone with cancer can be cured, but survival rates with modern treatments are going up. Yes, there can be serious side effects from treatment. The drugs my son took could have killed him, but they didn't. He is living proof that the meds worked. Without them he would not have lived to his fourteenth birthday, having bled to death or died of an infection before then. Now, 90% of kids with the same diagnosis are being cured.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:25 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,648,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I note you did not answer my question.

Why shouldn't homeopathy have to demonstrate that it is effective for the claims it makes?
It's a moot point. If you don't believe in it, think it's beneficial, etc., YOU don't have to use it.

Others are free to use what they think/know/believe will help them.

You are not the arbiter of what is beneficial for ME . . .

Exactly what is your interest in what others choose to use?

Do you assert yourself in others private matters often?

Old 12-20-2017, 10:46 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,504 times
Quote:
thelogo

That was a great 8 minute video, I will send it on to some of my friends...definitely worth viewing/hearing it all. Thanks.
Glad you find it useful. It is hard to find honest and true information now. It's all a competition for our money.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:27 PM

436 posts, read 302,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
From: FDA takes on homeopathic drugs with potential safety risks - CNN the FDA "plans to go after homeopathic remedies that are unsafe for consumers and offer unproven benefits in the treatment of serious illnesses, such as cancer and asthma, the agency announced Monday".

They go on to state: "Many scientific studies have found no evidence that these drugs are effective against cancer, dementia, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and a host of other conditions."

They also state that this is a $3 billion dollar and growing market. Any major changes will face stiff resistance.
Greedy FDA doesn't want competition, especially from the food is medicine advocates. Whom are right, food= medicine.

They've been trying to shut down anyone who advocates we exercise and eat right in place of unnatural chemical ridden, addictive drugs for a while. BIG PHARMA are not going to tolerate anything natural or homeopathic. Redundant, I know

Old 12-20-2017, 11:52 PM

24 posts, read 18,346 times
I am not sure how come the CNN given this statement whie I already have been successfully treated with Asthma during my childhood time. I have taken 06 month of homeopathic medicine and i am free from Asthma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness