U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 10:39 PM

20,907 posts, read 21,515,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
As people age most of us get floaters, not to be alarmed.
Read about floaters...
https://www.webmd.com/eye-health/benign-eye-floaters#1
From your link:
Quote:
Go to the doctor ASAP if you notice:

A sudden increase in the number of floaters
Flashes of light
A loss of side vision
Changes that come on quickly and get worse over time
Floaters after eye surgery or eye trauma
Eye pain
Choose a doctor who has experience with retina problems. If you don’t get help right away, you could lose your sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 03:53 AM

4,070 posts, read 1,907,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
As people age most of us get floaters, not to be alarmed.
Read about floaters...
https://www.webmd.com/eye-health/benign-eye-floaters#1
Yes as we age "floaters" do occur however eye pain is not normal !

Go see your doctor immediately.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:51 AM

15,541 posts, read 17,649,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Don’t fool around with your eyes. See a doctor. My “floaters” were a symptom of a torn retina, which can lead to blindness. Also, eye, pain is not normal.
100% Agree. Do not mess around with your eyes.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:02 AM

2,953 posts, read 1,235,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Since you mentioned pain along with the sudden onset of floaters I would suggest an eye exam to make sure there is nothing else going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
You need to see an eye doctor.
These two right here - STAT. Ignore the home remedy recommendations. This could be serious.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:08 AM

3,764 posts, read 3,037,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Does this product help with glaucoma?
No. That's not its purpose. If you've been diagnosed, follow your doctor's instructions.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:36 AM

7,427 posts, read 3,177,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextland1 View Post
Its so warm and helpful advices, I will try to find a professional eye doctor in big city ,my current place is limited....

@jaminhealth,did u buy those products from store or online?what is the name or brand for grape seeds (circulation means?)and crystalline drops?

sending healthy wishes for everyone for the new year
Your local optician can often take a look inside your eye and let you know if the retina is intact and looks healthy. If you are not seeing flashes of light with the floaters, chances are well in your favor.

I see dozens of large floaters. Sometimes that are incredibly bothersome and hard to ignore as they are large blobs right in the center of my vision. They are caused when the jelly fluid in your eye starts to separate and clump.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:56 PM

1,614 posts, read 880,799 times
I had floaters for many years that would kind of come and go. Then on Christmas, 2016, in the evening I fell asleep in front of the tv. Got up turned off the lights (eyes barely open) and I saw a flash of light off to the left side of my left eye. Noticed as I made my way in the dark to my bedroom I couldn't navigate as well as I usually could but was so tired I didn't pay much attention to it. Wasn't until the next day I noticed I was mostly blind on my left eye, could only see a little on the left with that eye.

Long story short, turned out I had a detached retina. The doctor who did emergency surgery told me something breaks down behind the eye and sometimes little pieces break off and become floaters. And sometimes instead of becoming floaters they attach to the retina and tear it. Once the retina is torn gel can seep out of the white portion of the eye and when it gets in the back it blocks your vision. That's what happened to me.

The doctor told me I have extra large eyes which is probably why it took so long for the gas bubble they pump in behind the retina after it's reattached to hold it in place to dissipate. He expected it to be as little as two or three weeks, but it ended up being three months before it was gone.

The surgery messed up my natural lense so had to have cataract surgery in that eye, and had it in the right eye also because only having one done throws things off. It was nearly impossible to read, for example.

My doctor told me this wasn't the reason for my detached retina but I'm convinced it was: I forgot to buy my contact solution from the store I normally bought it so stopped at Kroger on the way home. All of their contact solution was lined up next to each other, all the the same size, and I grabbed the wrong one. I bought the deep cleaning solution by mistake, which has 3% hydrogen peroxide. You have to rinse the contacts off very well with the regular solution if you clean your contacts with the deep cleaning solution. As soon as I put my left contact in my eye I knew what had happened. I took it out immediately of course. The next day I couldn't see the corner of my eye, except with my right eye. It took a month or two for the retina to detach. Doctor swore that couldn't happen but I'm pretty sure it did.

The bottle of deep cleaning solution came with a warning in very tiny yellow letters inside a red area on the bottle. Yes, I should have paid better attention to it, but it should have been marked better as well. They should also consider making the bottles of deep cleaning solution a different size to avoid foolish mistakes like I made.

My left eye still has an issue with the retina, my vision is distorted, straight lines or edges aren't straight, but I do have 20/30 vision thanks to the cataracts. My left eye had gone from 6.75 before the detachment to 12. after the surgery. So the IOLs have been incredible for me. Would have preferred the toric cataracts but the insurance would only cover standard IOLs. And of course now I have to get used to not having near vision, something I never had to contend with before. Have several pair of reading glasses of different strengths, and will be buying bifocals which I think I'll like much better. I'll have slightly better distance vision and not have to deal with putting reading glasses on and off.

Old 01-02-2018, 01:01 PM

1,614 posts, read 880,799 times
I had floaters for many years that would kind of come and go. Then on Christmas, 2016, in the evening I fell asleep in front of the tv. Got up turned off the lights (eyes barely open) and I saw a flash of light off to the left side of my left eye. Noticed as I made my way in the dark to my bedroom I couldn't navigate as well as I usually could but was so tired I didn't pay much attention to it. Wasn't until the next day I noticed I was mostly blind on my left eye, could only see a little on the left with that eye.

Long story short, turned out I had a detached retina. The doctor who did emergency surgery told me something breaks down behind the eye and sometimes little pieces break off and become floaters. And sometimes instead of becoming floaters they attach to the retina and tear it. Once the retina is torn gel can seep out of the white portion of the eye and when it gets in the back it blocks your vision. That's what happened to me.

The doctor told me I have extra large eyes which is probably why it took so long for the gas bubble they pump in behind the retina after it's reattached to hold it in place to dissipate. He expected it to be as little as two or three weeks, but it ended up being three months before it was gone.

The surgery messed up my natural lense so had to have cataract surgery in that eye, and had it in the right eye also because only having one done throws things off. It was nearly impossible to read, for example.

My doctor told me this wasn't the reason for my detached retina but I'm convinced it was: I forgot to buy my contact solution from the store I normally bought it so stopped at Kroger on the way home. All of their contact solution was lined up next to each other, all the the same size, and I grabbed the wrong one. I bought the deep cleaning solution by mistake, which has 3% hydrogen peroxide. You have to rinse the contacts off very well with the regular solution if you clean your contacts with the deep cleaning solution. As soon as I put my left contact in my eye I knew what had happened. I took it out immediately of course. The next day I couldn't see the corner of my eye, except with my right eye. It took a month or two for the retina to detach. Doctor swore that couldn't happen but I'm pretty sure it did.

The bottle of deep cleaning solution came with a warning in very tiny yellow letters inside a red area on the bottle. Yes, I should have paid better attention to it, but it should have been marked better as well. They should also consider making the bottles of deep cleaning solution a different size to avoid foolish mistakes like I made.

My left eye still has an issue with the retina, my vision is distorted, straight lines or edges aren't straight, but I do have 20/30 vision thanks to the cataracts. My left eye had gone from 6.75 before the detachment to 12. after the surgery. So the cataracts have been incredible for me. Would have preferred the toric IOLs but the insurance would only cover standard IOLs. And of course now I have to get used to not having near vision, something I never had to contend with before. Have several pair of reading glasses of different strengths, and will be buying bifocals which I think I'll like much better. I'll have slightly better distance vision and not have to deal with putting reading glasses on and off.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:14 PM

20,907 posts, read 21,515,055 times
To the person who left me a rep comment, the OP indicated a sudden onset of floaters combined with eye pain. Even though floaters are common and usually harmless, especially as we age, any sudden change is worth having checked out. It would be irresponsible to recommend passing on a dr. visit simply because it's "usually" not a problem.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:52 PM

40 posts, read 14,588 times
I went to the local doctor today, he said it may caused by my another issue, i have a slow trouble in womb, it is for long year and since i feel it is getting better, i cut the medicine, doctor said my blood flow not very well, so i need to keep the medicine and make the blood circulation well, the first time i saw floaters was the day i had menstrual period, i thought it was body too weak, so i stopped work and after sleep , most floaters were gone, but one still there till today,.......it has been around two months up to now, one floater still there.
the doctor said if i used an eye drop that day, it would be healed in a few hours.
now i need to seek other ways or just let the body heal itself, and it may take a bit longer time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness