U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 12:23 PM

3,462 posts, read 1,650,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextland1 View Post
I went to the local doctor today, he said it may caused by my another issue, i have a slow trouble in womb, it is for long year and since i feel it is getting better, i cut the medicine, doctor said my blood flow not very well, so i need to keep the medicine and make the blood circulation well, the first time i saw floaters was the day i had menstrual period, i thought it was body too weak, so i stopped work and after sleep , most floaters were gone, but one still there till today,.......it has been around two months up to now, one floater still there.
the doctor said if i used an eye drop that day, it would be healed in a few hours.
now i need to seek other ways or just let the body heal itself, and it may take a bit longer time.
Going to the local doctor is not sufficient in this case; "he said it MAY be caused by another issue"? You need to make an appointment with an opthamologist. A GP is not going to be able to precisely diagnose an eye problem. Do you really want to take a chance with your vision?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 04:28 PM

4,040 posts, read 3,276,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Going to the local doctor is not sufficient in this case; "he said it MAY be caused by another issue"? You need to make an appointment with an opthamologist. A GP is not going to be able to precisely diagnose an eye problem. Do you really want to take a chance with your vision?
The OP should note that an optician fits eyeglasses, an optometrist has training in diagnosing medical conditions, and an ophthalmologist is a medical doctor specializing in treatment of the eyes. My optometrist said he thought I had the beginnings of macular degeneration, so I got a second opinion at an ophthalmologist; he said the changes in my eye appeared to be normal for someone my age, that there was no reason to be concerned about macular degeneration at present, and I didn't need to do anything about it unless something changed.

OP - you don't get a do-over on vision. Floaters don't normally come with eye pain. As Bungalove points out, your family doctor doesn't have the same expertise as an ophthalmologist.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:54 AM

40 posts, read 16,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
The OP should note that an optician fits eyeglasses, an optometrist has training in diagnosing medical conditions, and an ophthalmologist is a medical doctor specializing in treatment of the eyes. My optometrist said he thought I had the beginnings of macular degeneration, so I got a second opinion at an ophthalmologist; he said the changes in my eye appeared to be normal for someone my age, that there was no reason to be concerned about macular degeneration at present, and I didn't need to do anything about it unless something changed.

OP - you don't get a do-over on vision. Floaters don't normally come with eye pain. As Bungalove points out, your family doctor doesn't have the same expertise as an ophthalmologist.
Yes, I know family doctor is not enough.
I m waiting for a friend to find a good doctor in big cities for me, his wife is having eye trouble and has seen a few doctors but didn't help her, so they r finding a new one, will let me go with them.
the current doctor is actually also an eye doctor by a local small hospital, I m not living in usa, I m now in a remote small place and a far country, the medical situation here is actually quite limited....
but I have no choice, I have a project here , my financial future is here, I need to finish the project.

The local doctor did give me a few medicine advices and I bought it, it makes the pain stop now.
he also recommend an Italian thing called Pi-Vit,
not sure if it is good?

Old 01-13-2018, 03:30 PM

4,040 posts, read 3,276,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextland1 View Post
Yes, I know family doctor is not enough.
I m waiting for a friend to find a good doctor in big cities for me, his wife is having eye trouble and has seen a few doctors but didn't help her, so they r finding a new one, will let me go with them.
the current doctor is actually also an eye doctor by a local small hospital, I m not living in usa, I m now in a remote small place and a far country, the medical situation here is actually quite limited....
but I have no choice, I have a project here , my financial future is here, I need to finish the project.

The local doctor did give me a few medicine advices and I bought it, it makes the pain stop now.
he also recommend an Italian thing called Pi-Vit,
not sure if it is good?
Understood - you don't have a location in your profile so it's impossible to tell where you're writing from. Sounds like you're doing everything you can at present. We don't have the Pi-Vit thing over here, and I'm not an eye doctor so I have no idea what the description on their site is talking about. Good luck.

Old 01-19-2018, 02:34 AM

3 posts, read 623 times
I've also had eye strain because of long hours in front of the computer. I went to a doctor and he gave me glasses that protect from the computer light as well as a lutein supplement. I can say that I am much better now. The lutein brand I'm taking is Zealut-Dena. It can be bought online from Vitaminized: E-shop for nutrition supplements and vitamins-Dena International . I recommend you buy from the manufacturer's website if you want to purchase online because individuals could sell on websites like www.amazon.com and others and they can't always be trusted

Old 01-19-2018, 11:22 AM

18,951 posts, read 6,193,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderbr View Post
I've also had eye strain because of long hours in front of the computer. I went to a doctor and he gave me glasses that protect from the computer light as well as a lutein supplement. I can say that I am much better now. The lutein brand I'm taking is Zealut-Dena. It can be bought online from Vitaminized: E-shop for nutrition supplements and vitamins-Dena International . I recommend you buy from the manufacturer's website if you want to purchase online because individuals could sell on websites like www.amazon.com and others and they can't always be trusted
I sent you a not, I take 3 excellent eye supports and for 79, my eyes are pretty darn healthy. No cataracts and I do use computer at home for the small things I do. Didn't spend a life of working on a computer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness