U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:55 AM

1,145 posts, read 381,056 times

Advertisements

If you are in a humid climate, mold causes problems. Especially black mold. And it may be your 'wet' areas are kept clean but your filter needs changing in your A/C unit and the vents bringing the flow down are full of dust and mold.

I'd also be careful about household cleaners. For me, if I see a label that says harmful fumes, harmful to skin, harmful to eyes, I avoid it. Think what those fumes do in a closed up apartment. The residue sits and so do the fumes!

I clean with vinegar. I don't have carpet. Check your drapes, too. If they're apartment owned you know they'll be dirty. They could also be full of mold if a window was open and they were rained on. Check under the sink, too. If there was a plumbing leak, there may be mold down there.

EDIT: My husband has asthma. His is brought on by cold weather. Since this is winter, maybe that has something to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:02 AM

1,145 posts, read 381,056 times
You ought to also get a sleep study approved by your doctor. The closed off throat feeling could be tracked to that. Get your heart checked, too. My husband hasn't had an asthma attack in years then had trouble one night, his heart was racing and now he's on heart medicine.

Certain climates do better for asthma. He does better in a warm humid climate as apposed to the 4 seasonal changes in a rural high altitude climate.

Old Today, 01:54 AM

4,064 posts, read 6,937,889 times
Thanks guys for your input.

I never had curtains or drapes these last 5 yrs I've been here...just blinds, so that's less dust. I have 2, good-sized artificial plants & I recently did the pain-staking job of wiping the top & bottom surfaces of EVERY leaf. I haven't done the other one though...which is much taller than I am & overhangs in the main living room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness