U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 07:57 PM

172 posts, read 70,657 times

Advertisements

How do I find a relief from shoulder/neck pain ?
===================================

Thanks for replying to my posting.

Another SUV rear-ended me in Sept 2017. After few days, my health impacted with body/neck/back/shoulder pain. I went to my PC and he gave me muscle relaxer, ordered XRay and referred to PT.

I took 14 PT sessions. As I did not find desired improvement , my PC ordered MRI and referred to spine doctor. All other pain improved except neck & shoulder pain. Spine doctor did not find any conditions in MRI & Xray for my neck/shoulder pain. He is asking me to take further PT for neck.

I like to spent remaining time/money/resources wisely.

What are the avenues get me relief from my neck/should pain?

Is there any specialty physician to help me?

Thanks for sharing/guidance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 04:11 PM

388 posts, read 836,288 times
after being rear ended by a car, and was just in the final healing stage of my second spinal fusion. After all the MRIs, etc. I needed a third spinal fusion. Took care of the pain, and I now suing the driver of the car (who was on her cellphone when she hit me).

Old Today, 02:09 AM

1,144 posts, read 379,508 times
I don't have your issues but I do have scoliosis, was born with it. So I do experience pain everyday. I live with it.

Do your research and find a doctor you can trust. I've heard more than one friend say sports doctors help more than others.
I've also heard more than one friend say that swimming is less taxing on the joints and is better for therapy.

Stretching exercises help me. A heating pad.

My thought is surgery should be a last resort.

Old Today, 03:48 AM

1,464 posts, read 2,738,297 times
Moist heat helps a lot. If you do not have a hot tub a nice hot shower or soaking in a bath tub . Another thing is a neck and shoulder wrap that goes into the microwave - the heat lasts for a long time and it is easy to throw back in the microwave for more relief.

I hope that you find something that works for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness