Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 02:22 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,784,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I know! We aren't getting a clear answer.
I'm only responsible for what I know. I can't "make" you understand.

The pharmacy cannot fill only half, then fill the rest later. It doesn't work that way with some meds. If I accept the 60 they have then I'm agreeing that I lose the other 60.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:46 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,963,123 times
What was the rationale the Pharmacy gave you when You Asked Them why they are limiting the amount? Without knowing why the pharmacy is doing it, we have no idea as it could be as simple as some State Law placing those restrictions on the pharmacy. So, what was their reason?

Old 01-12-2018, 03:01 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,725,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Seriously lady? Just stop. You have NO IDEA why the OP takes pain meds.

I swear...you would tell dying pediatric patients to take grape seed extract.
And you don't either, none of us know. But the OP says pain meds. So I guess I'm guessing..many leave people who want to reply, guessing.

And you are dead wrong about a dying pediatric patient comment. good grief.

Do you have a suggestion for OP or just me?

Old 01-12-2018, 03:01 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,239,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
for the last 3 months when I go to fill my pain meds the pharmacy I use only has about half of what I'm supposed to get. Which of course means in 15 days I have to get another script from doc,hope and pray insurance will help pay and hope the pharmacy has enough for the second go round.

My question is this--how can I find out if another pharmacy may keep more on hand without coming off like a druggie who might rob em for having plenty on hand??
I would call the new pharmacy and say “I take X, and my current pharmacy is having problems filling a full month, and that causes me to lose 1/2 my prescription. Is it possible you can consistently fill a full month of X for me?”

I’ve had this happen sometimes, but it’s never been an issue, except I had to go back to pick up the rest. Hated that.

Have you looked into mail order? Much more convenient and since they deal in so much volume, they pretty much stock everything.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:15 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,784,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I would call the new pharmacy and say “I take X, and my current pharmacy is having problems filling a full month, and that causes me to lose 1/2 my prescription. Is it possible you can consistently fill a full month of X for me?”

I’ve had this happen sometimes, but it’s never been an issue, except I had to go back to pick up the rest. Hated that.

Have you looked into mail order? Much more convenient and since they deal in so much volume, they pretty much stock everything.
finally- a couple of options of which may work. My initial issue was how to ask the pharmacy without sounding like a crazed druggie. Your suggestion makes sense.
I'll talk to my doc and insurance about mail ordering this med

Old 01-12-2018, 04:28 PM

15,141 posts, read 27,756,930 times
Quote:
I'm only responsible for what I know. I can't "make" you understand.

The pharmacy cannot fill only half, then fill the rest later. It doesn't work that way with some meds. If I accept the 60 they have then I'm agreeing that I lose the other 60.
You still haven't explained anything - WHY are you only getting half of your prescription? WHY don't they owe you the rest, etc. - have you ASKED about any of this?

Old 01-12-2018, 04:45 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,239,886 times
Quote:
finally- a couple of options of which may work. My initial issue was how to ask the pharmacy without sounding like a crazed druggie. Your suggestion makes sense.
I'll talk to my doc and insurance about mail ordering this med
Yeah, just don’t use the word Dude when you’re asking!

I actually take what I call a pain med, but in the medical field is an NSAID. Does the job for my bone on bone pain in my knee.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:47 PM

37,091 posts, read 41,220,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
You still haven't explained anything - WHY are you only getting half of your prescription? WHY don't they owe you the rest, etc. - have you ASKED about any of this?
It sounds like the pharmacy does not have enough of the product on hand to fill the entire prescription. OP does say they have agreed to increase the amount they stock.

She said, "I did end up calling them today and lady I spoke with said they have one other monthly patient on same meds, same amount and unfortunately same time each month so they are going to up their order for this medicine."

The real question is why they did not increase their stock order after they could not fill the first rx. Also, most drug stores can get medications in a day or two if they do not have it on hand.

Old 01-12-2018, 05:13 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,244,394 times
mail order pharmacies are cheaper

Old 01-12-2018, 06:34 PM

15,141 posts, read 27,756,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It sounds like the pharmacy does not have enough of the product on hand to fill the entire prescription. OP does say they have agreed to increase the amount they stock.

She said, "I did end up calling them today and lady I spoke with said they have one other monthly patient on same meds, same amount and unfortunately same time each month so they are going to up their order for this medicine."

The real question is why they did not increase their stock order after they could not fill the first rx. Also, most drug stores can get medications in a day or two if they do not have it on hand.
And the prescription isn't cancelled if they haven't filled it completely...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.