U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 04:37 PM

191 posts, read 47,522 times

Advertisements

Ever get a sore throat that leads to NO cold at all or get a sore throat at the tail end of a cold? Until recently every time I ever got a sore throat it was the beginning of a cold with runny nose, sneezing, etc. I got a nasty sore throat last Friday but now it's completely gone and I'm fine. It possibly was the tail end of a cold that I got in early January that left me with a residual scratchy, itchy, dry cough for about month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:45 PM

7,959 posts, read 892,171 times
My symptoms like that have come from allergies and/or post-nasal drip...

Old Today, 05:08 PM

12,158 posts, read 3,705,330 times
OP: I have not had a sore throat in decades and all since on the powerful antioxidant I've talked about so much here....before that, I was the sore throat queen. It's hard to believe I had so many sore throats and none now for a LONG time. If you care to know what I take, let me know. No colds or flu in decades either.

Old Today, 06:57 PM

10,428 posts, read 17,165,125 times
I get a sore throat from allergic reactions to foods. I get hives in my throat and then they form little blisters that burst and the sore throat lasts about two weeks. The only way to prevent it is to completely avoid my allergens, but sometimes I get tripped up by something like natural flavors or the enzymes in cheese.

Old Today, 08:02 PM
Status: "I've seen a Hugehousekitteh punch through a concrete-wall." (set 22 days ago)

13,575 posts, read 13,746,259 times
I had the exact same thing.............a nasty sore throat that was quite painful. I thought, gulp, here we go, 2 weeks or so of the flu. But that did not happen, did not get sick, achy or anything......and the sore throat went away fairly quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness