Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 06:43 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times

Advertisements

I have been concerned for my health after starting a highly stressful job last May. I didn't have time for the gym anymore and I substituted that with drinking - a lot. Also ate like crap. This might come as a surprise to you, but I gained 25lbs.

I just turned 47 and decided to establish primary physician care (no I did not have one). My BP was 168/107 on initial visit. The doctor order labs and again, no surprise, my cholesterol was nearly 300 and my liver enzymes out of whack - I'm sure for the 6-10 beers I had a day, along with the occasional Scotch. I purchased a BP cuff and my BP remained unchanged over the weekend.

I was prescribed Lorsatan and Lovastatin. I started both yesterday at recommended half dozes. But I also cut out almost all red meat, dairy and alcohol since I my initial visit 7 days ago. I also went back to my Crossfit gym this week.

I don't think the meds have been in my system long enough to produce drastic results (2nd day) especially at half dozes, but I am sure the healthier food choices and working out (stress relief) are making an impact.

I checked my BP today and it was 126/85. That is the lowest it has been since my concussion. I am super excited about that!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 08:03 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,978,672 times
That's something to be excited about, congrats!

Old 02-22-2018, 05:42 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I have been concerned for my health after starting a highly stressful job last May. I didn't have time for the gym anymore and I substituted that with drinking - a lot. Also ate like crap. This might come as a surprise to you, but I gained 25lbs.

I just turned 47 and decided to establish primary physician care (no I did not have one). My BP was 168/107 on initial visit. The doctor order labs and again, no surprise, my cholesterol was nearly 300 and my liver enzymes out of whack - I'm sure for the 6-10 beers I had a day, along with the occasional Scotch. I purchased a BP cuff and my BP remained unchanged over the weekend.

I was prescribed Lorsatan and Lovastatin. I started both yesterday at recommended half dozes. But I also cut out almost all red meat, dairy and alcohol since I my initial visit 7 days ago. I also went back to my Crossfit gym this week.

I don't think the meds have been in my system long enough to produce drastic results (2nd day) especially at half dozes, but I am sure the healthier food choices and working out (stress relief) are making an impact.

I checked my BP today and it was 126/85. That is the lowest it has been since my concussion. I am super excited about that!!
Good for you.!! I'd be excited too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness