U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 11:27 AM

15,266 posts, read 4,803,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Then whats the point of the topic? if not to dissuade people from taking those evil statin drugs that evidently only serve to pad the bank accounts of big pharma.
I present Options/Alternatives, everyone makes their decisions...doesn't everyone "get it". If this subject does nothing for you, ignore it...that's what I do when something does not interest me.

There is so much info out there on the pros/cons of this subject. And I'd like to be aware of something that could be affecting my memory.

I had heard about another med that could be affecting the brain and I was taking a low dose and as soon as I heard that I was off it and working on alternatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 11:39 AM

32,363 posts, read 37,586,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I present Options/Alternatives, everyone makes their decisions...doesn't everyone "get it". If this subject does nothing for you, ignore it...that's what I do when something does not interest me.

There is so much info out there on the pros/cons of this subject. And I'd like to be aware of something that could be affecting my memory.

Well i was having fun debating one side of the issue concerning big pharma and big herba but as my skepticism on supplements is proving an irritant to your topic i'll cease and desist further commentary on the subject. but to get an idea of where i'm coming from read this article.= https://pharma.elsevier.com/pharma-r...ment-industry/

Old 03-06-2018, 01:25 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,271,858 times
If you have to take it, take it with COQ10 to offset the side-effects, such as memory loss and muscle weakness/pain (for fall risk). Most cardiologists now recommend the supplement now. Our doctor has been recommending vitamin B complex with Metformin.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...ent-deficiency

It is too late now as she has been on the medications for 15 years and is almost off the drugs entirely, taking the atorvastatin only due to the high triglyceride and the lowest dosage of metformin for prediabetes level A1c.

Old 03-06-2018, 02:03 PM

8,821 posts, read 5,935,017 times
Quote:
Then whats the point of the topic? if not to dissuade people from taking those evil statin drugs that evidently only serve to pad the bank accounts of big pharma.
That's obviously the OP's underlying message with this plethora of anti-statin threads she's drummed up.

IMO it's best taken with a very large grain of salt, especially considering the anti-establishment medicine source. You know what's best for you!

Old 03-06-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:

I had heard about another med that could be affecting the brain and I was taking a low dose and as soon as I heard that I was off it and working on alternatives.
Just as you could ignore a comment you don't agree with. It must really irk you to have to upvote another poster to privately send them a snarky comment, LOL.

Old 03-06-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Well i was having fun debating one side of the issue concerning big pharma and big herba but as my skepticism on supplements is proving an irritant to your topic i'll cease and desist further commentary on the subject. but to get an idea of where i'm coming from read this article.= https://pharma.elsevier.com/pharma-r...ment-industry/
That's an interesting article, thanks for posting it.

Old 03-06-2018, 03:43 PM

4,303 posts, read 10,130,681 times
Quote:
I can't believe I"m reading this, I tell no one to stop their medications!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have personally started about 15 threads on the "evils of statins"...(this week alone)

What other possible reason could there be other than to influence people NOT to take these medications....

Old 03-06-2018, 04:56 PM

2,180 posts, read 643,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
You have personally started about 15 threads on the "evils of statins"...(this week alone)

What other possible reason could there be other than to influence people NOT to take these medications....
They should think twice before taking them. They should look at the research. They should be skeptical about the drug companies' claims, and the advice of MDs.

If they think carefully and decide they need statins, that is fine. But at least they should think and be informed. There is A LOT of information claiming that statins have minimal benefits and can cause great harm.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:03 PM

15,266 posts, read 4,803,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

15... I don't think so. Others have started them too. I may have added my comments. No matter how many I started or added to, some of us are passionate about some topics, right?

Old 03-06-2018, 06:15 PM

1,437 posts, read 535,944 times
As a 20+ year consumer of Lipitor and someone who has signs of memory issues, I have no way of knowing if the two are connected. I know for certain that during open heart surgery I was on the heart/lung machine and within months began experiencing difficulties with memory recall. Funny thing was my surgeon told me in advance that this would happen. I sometimes wonder if this isnít a contributing factor as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness