U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread
Old 03-09-2018, 05:37 PM
5,001 posts, read 12,077,010 times

If it works for you, it's safe. No worries, assuming it's not blasting your eardrums!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 02:10 AM
276 posts, read 176,768 times
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
I can't sleep without some kind of noise. I hit the Amazon Music via my Fire stick on my tv. Depends on my mood which of my playlists I select. Last night it was "Luke Bryan ALL records" on shuffle. The night before it was "Eric Church Favorites" in order on loop. Tonight it could well be Matchbox 20 for the win.
...your personality is unique. To route myself to sleep I always need the same pattern of harmonics. which of course I find in the two example Youtube links I posted.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:50 AM
Status: "lawmakers, we are coming after you" (set 12 days ago)
14,801 posts, read 6,027,734 times
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
I used to always fall asleep to soothing music. I don’t use that now, but it worked fantastic! Can’t see and downsides to it. As I started to doze off I would turn it off so it wouldn’t play all night.
I have three pieces of music that I've been falling asleep to for years. The association is now so strong that it's a rare night that I don't relax and go out within 20 minutes.

I made tapes of this music, each one consisting of three copies of the same piece, popping it into the tape deck right before I got into bed. When the player got to the end of the tape, it stopped. Now of course I use my iPod or iPhone and a playlist. They stop when they get to the end of a playlist too. I am unsure why you'd need to get up to turn the music off, that just defeats the whole purpose.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:36 AM
893 posts, read 425,121 times
There are many apps available for your smartphone. I use the White Noise app by TMSoft. It has like 40 different sounds, and you can create custom mixes of them. I use it every night.
Old Today, 12:39 AM
11 posts, read 1,483 times
When I sleep in car and aeroplan, this feel is awesome. I used to it for when I unhappy and feeling boring.

I think sleeping with music its too good but high volumes its dangerous. High volumes music, impact on mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or