Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 03:01 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
OP....very nice sounds. A positive influence....I could sleep to this!

Reminds me of Hearts of Space, a radio show and website that offers similar music. There are varying listening experiences, all to do with relaxation and calming effects.
Some are very interesting, using unknown (to me) instruments from around the world.

I listen to it at night, in the dark....also purchased a subscription for the weekly show and a collection of channels.

There are some free albums to listen to on the site.

hos.com
Love Hearts of Space.

OP, if you are like me, and cannot sleep in a totally silent room, they sound like a good option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 04:08 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,225,572 times
I listed to podcasts to help me fall asleep. More effective for me than music. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble falling back to sleep, and this has really helped.

I do worry about sleeping with my iPhone so close to my head. Will I come down with brain cancer in a few years?

Old 03-08-2018, 05:47 PM

307 posts, read 363,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
OP....very nice sounds. A positive influence....I could sleep to this!

Reminds me of Hearts of Space, a radio show and website that offers similar music. There are varying listening experiences, all to do with relaxation and calming effects.
Some are very interesting, using unknown (to me) instruments from around the world.

I listen to it at night, in the dark....also purchased a subscription for the weekly show and a collection of channels.

There are some free albums to listen to on the site.

hos.com
gb another one of my favs is one with the native american flute. It routes me right to calm dreamscapes while currents of stress seem to float away from my entire being....freaky, but awesome and effective !!!

Old 03-08-2018, 05:49 PM

307 posts, read 363,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
I listed to podcasts to help me fall asleep. More effective for me than music. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble falling back to sleep, and this has really helped.

I do worry about sleeping with my iPhone so close to my head. Will I come down with brain cancer in a few years?
funny that you mentioned this Kth these sleep sounds I play off my smartphone as well. my next move would be to stop by best buy and get some quality speakers just specifically for sleep music. then I'l just play if off there. chances are it will even sound tons better !

Old 03-08-2018, 07:29 PM

11,085 posts, read 7,146,060 times
YouTube also has an amazing array of sleep aids. All good stuff. We should be thankful.

Old 03-09-2018, 06:08 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,732,440 times
I used to always fall asleep to soothing music. I don’t use that now, but it worked fantastic! Can’t see and downsides to it. As I started to doze off I would turn it off so it wouldn’t play all night.

Old 03-09-2018, 06:14 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
I feel sleep movies are much more effective. Last night I went off to dream land watching funny Don Knotts in The Shakiest Gun in the West. Worked like a charm.

Benign and funny is soothing to the soul. And in stark contrast, and to stay awake? Any movie about war should do the trick.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:35 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
I listen to Investigation ID programs to go to sleep - apparently I am soothed by murder and mayhem.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:42 AM

774 posts, read 744,856 times
I can't sleep without some kind of noise. I hit the Amazon Music via my Fire stick on my tv. Depends on my mood which of my playlists I select. Last night it was "Luke Bryan ALL records" on shuffle. The night before it was "Eric Church Favorites" in order on loop. Tonight it could well be Matchbox 20 for the win.

Old 03-09-2018, 11:15 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,315,790 times
Ending is better than mending. A gramme is better than a damn. I'm so glad I'm not an Epsilon or a Delta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness