U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 08:35 PM

26,890 posts, read 38,142,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I suspect that even if they adjusted the figures to take population into account, there might still be an increase because of all the newbie tourists flocking to Colorado to take advantage of recreational MJ.
Good point. Some people just seem to be too stupid to not drive and imbibe. Pick your poison, do something inadvisable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 09:21 PM

4,748 posts, read 6,146,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
My wife's oncologist would not even recommend the CBD oil; our son had asked. It could simply be the doctor's unfamiliarity with the oil? The doctor was afraid of a fall.
It sounds like he's not very informed about CBD oil.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:25 PM

4,748 posts, read 6,146,270 times
Quote:
Our son has a PHD and he fought a valiant battle for the CBD and lost to the doctor. As you point out there could be legal or moral issues;
Isn't CBD oil legal in all 50 states, since it contains no THC?

Old 04-03-2018, 10:34 PM

15,814 posts, read 4,931,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Yes, it is. I use a mail order company called All Natural Way, which is based in Florida, for my CBD products. They say that they can legally ship to all 50 states.

Here's an article for fisheye (or anyone who is interested) on cannabis and CBD for cancer treatment. I would never tell anyone to break the law, but if it were my husband who had Stage 4 cancer and the treatments hadn't been working, I would be willing to try anything. Just because the doctor can't legally recommend something doesn't mean that it's bad or that it doesn't work. It just means that he's covering his rear end. He doesn't know enough about it and doesn't want to risk losing his license.

THC vs CBD: Which Is Best For Cancer Symptoms? - Your Health Guide

Old 04-03-2018, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Yes, it is. I use a mail order company called All Natural Way, which is based in Florida, for my CBD products. They say that they can legally ship to all 50 states.

Here's an article for fisheye (or anyone who is interested) on cannabis and CBD for cancer treatment. I would never tell anyone to break the law, but if it were my husband who had Stage 4 cancer and the treatments hadn't been working, I would be willing to try anything. Just because the doctor can't legally recommend something doesn't mean that it's bad or that it doesn't work. It just means that he's covering his rear end. He doesn't know enough about it and doesn't want to risk losing his license.

THC vs CBD: Which Is Best For Cancer Symptoms? - Your Health Guide
My doctor flat out told me this. He will not recommend it, but he will not say I shouldn't use it for pain.

Old 04-04-2018, 04:56 AM

13,141 posts, read 10,568,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
It might be legal; but it does not mean that all doctors will prescribe it or give patients that option. Maybe that will change as more information becomes available? For now, when you have a doctor that tells you not to use CBD, would you go against that doctor's wishes? Would you take the chance that you might be wrong and the doctor is right? The odds are already stacked against my wife. For the time being we are going to abide by her doctor's wishes. Once chemotherapy starts to fail (I hope it does not); then we will turn towards alternatives.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
It might be legal; but it does not mean that all doctors will prescribe it or give patients that option. Maybe that will change as more information becomes available? For now, when you have a doctor that tells you not to use CBD, would you go against that doctor's wishes? Would you take the chance that you might be wrong and the doctor is right? The odds are already stacked against my wife. For the time being we are going to abide by her doctor's wishes. Once chemotherapy starts to fail (I hope it does not); then we will turn towards alternatives.
My answer would be a resounding yes. I would go against the doctor's wishes if the survival of my spouse were at stake. I have had enough personal experience with cannabis and CBD to know (1) how to use it safely; and (2) that the risks are well worth taking to get the benefits of this healing plant. But that's me. You have to do what's right for you and for your wife. I wish you well.

Old 04-04-2018, 05:06 PM

I would also like to add that no doctor anywhere will recommend or prescribe marijuana, no matter what their own personal feelings may be, because it is Federally illegal. Even here in California, where it is legal for both medical and recreational use, no doctor will prescribe it. The most they'll do is sign the state form certifying that the patient can benefit from it.

Most doctors don't know anything about cannabis and how it works. They're not gods and they're not infallible, and they haven't been trained in alternative medicine. We have been raised to accept whatever a doctor says without question, but I think people need to think for themselves. Doctors don't know everything, and medicine is constantly evolving. Lots of commonly-accepted medical truths from the past (such as hormone therapy being good for women) have now been debunked. I'm hoping that sometime in the near future cannabis will be decriminalized and de-stigmatized so that people can get the benefits of it without the social stigma.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I would also like to add that no doctor anywhere will recommend or prescribe marijuana, no matter what their own personal feelings may be, because it is Federally illegal. Even here in California, where it is legal for both medical and recreational use, no doctor will prescribe it. The most they'll do is sign the state form certifying that the patient can benefit from it.

Most doctors don't know anything about cannabis and how it works. They're not gods and they're not infallible, and they haven't been trained in alternative medicine. We have been raised to accept whatever a doctor says without question, but I think people need to think for themselves. Doctors don't know everything, and medicine is constantly evolving. Lots of commonly-accepted medical truths from the past (such as hormone therapy being good for women) have now been debunked. I'm hoping that sometime in the near future cannabis will be decriminalized and de-stigmatized so that people can get the benefits of it without the social stigma.
My cardiologist is a good example. In general I'm happy with him, but the first time he sent me home hooked up to the "recorder" it did something weird when I unhooked it. I think I took off the pieces connected to me before taking out the battery.

I get a call Friday afternoon from a nurse telling me he wants to talk to me. So I wait on hold for a few minutes and he comes to tell me I have to go to the emergency room immediately or I may die.

What? I told him I was not going to the emergency room because there was nothing wrong with me. We went back and forth a few times before he realized I was not going. He then told me I needed an angiogram as soon as possible and he was setting the appointment for Monday afternoon.

I called Monday morning and was told the doctor that does them is busy and I had to wait until Tuesday of the next week. I told her my doctor said I was going to die so maybe I should bump another patient.

Silence. "The doctor told you what"?

Never mind . Next Tuesday is fine.

The upshot? There is nothing wrong with my heart that is critical. The angiogram doc told me that if it was up to my heart I'd live forever.

I always question a doctor. Especially when I know better.

My wife and I have been talking about my real need for a cardiologist. I'm going to talk to my MD and see if he will prescribe the medications the cardiologist does. If he will I'm dropping him. That will be doctor #2 I've dropped. The neurologist went away, too.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:33 PM

Did something today I haven't done for quite a while. I used my CBD oil during the day. I usually just put up with the pain, but we went to a bar/restaurant/open mic establishment Monday night and the chairs really got to me.

Today I can hardly sit in my recliner. After one dose of the oil things are much better, but I think I need another one. This episode is really bad. One of the worst I've ever had.

Next time I take a butt cushion! Maybe a back cushion, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or