Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 11:26 PM

21,539 posts, read 8,722,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Did something today I haven't done for quite a while. I used my CBD oil during the day. I usually just put up with the pain, but we went to a bar/restaurant/open mic establishment Monday night and the chairs really got to me.

Today I can hardly sit in my recliner. After one dose of the oil things are much better, but I think I need another one. This episode is really bad. One of the worst I've ever had.

Next time I take a butt cushion! Maybe a back cushion, too.
I am sorry you are in pain, Tek Freek. You can take CBD oil more than once a day if you need to. Or perhaps you need a stronger dose. A cannabis strain that is high in CBD might also help you with the pain (if it's legal where you are). I hope you feel better soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 06:46 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You have never been around people using?

I hate that the mindset is that nobody can say anything negative about this 'new' wonder drug. Some people have this idea that it doesn't affect their driving, it doesn't affect their work, and it cures all disease - NOT THE CASE!

While there are medical reasons to use the drug or it's extracts; there are also good reasons not to use marijuana. It is like telling cancer patients to use marijuana to reduce pain and nausea and forgetting that it can cause dizziness (that can contribute to a patient falling and breaking a hip).

There is no substance on earth that is 100% good. Even drinking too much water can be detrimental to your health or even fatal.
I have--many times. If I hadn't seen them smoke, I wouldn't have known.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:34 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Thank you again and I am sorry to hear of the similar problems you faced with your parents. It is extremely hard for close relatives to watch their loved ones waste away in pain.

But here is the Catch 22: Would you go against your doctor's advice and still administer or recommend CBD oil because you felt the doctor was wrong? As we get older there is a good chance that we will fall; with or without any new medication. While you might feel that you are doing the right thing and it will make no difference whether your loved one falls; it would still be on your conscious if they did fall. There is no way I can second guess my wife's doctor; I would never take the chance of being wrong. If my doctors chemotherapy regiment does not work we can seek another opinion and they might recommend the CBD oil? But we are not there yet.
Would I? Yes. I have little respect for some of the doctors I've seen over the years. I've been misdiagnosed, undertreated, undermedicated, and harmed. First, do no harm? Some forget that.

Always remember that they are still practicing, and that someone had to graduate last in their class.

Have you ever watched the movie Lorenzo's Oil?

Old 04-05-2018, 08:59 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Would I? Yes. I have little respect for some of the doctors I've seen over the years. I've been misdiagnosed, undertreated, undermedicated, and harmed. First, do no harm? Some forget that.

Always remember that they are still practicing, and that someone had to graduate last in their class.

Have you ever watched the movie Lorenzo's Oil?
How do you know which one was at that bottom of the class? You lump all doctors together because they do not say what you want to hear?

I really have a problem with pot; it has to be all or nothing. Nobody can say anything negative. It is almost as bad as when our government would not let you say anything good - just a little roll reversal. Users come out of the woodwork in defense of their God.

All I have done is to take the middle ground any nobody wants to listen.

Old 04-05-2018, 02:19 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I am sorry you are in pain, Tek Freek. You can take CBD oil more than once a day if you need to. Or perhaps you need a stronger dose. A cannabis strain that is high in CBD might also help you with the pain (if it's legal where you are). I hope you feel better soon.
I can usually just ignore it until time to go to sleep, but that chair I sat in Monday night really messed me up. It has been years since I hurt that much. I did a standard dose that normally works for me and it "turned down the volume" but it was still bad. A second dose and I was fine. The beauty of the oil is it works within just a few minutes for me.

I have a strain (Cannatonic) that I use before I go to bed. Very low "buzz" factor, but great for relaxing me and transposing the pain into just a feeling. Sort of a pressure thing instead of hurting. I'm never sure how to describe it.

I'm back to the "usual" today. I'm Ignoring it.

It's legal in Nevada. I appreciate that the powers in charge here decided to legalize it. All the drugs I got from doctors either did little or nothing, or the side effects were terrible. Cymbalta was the worst. I cannot imagine how anyone can take that drug and not be a mess. I was on the lowest dose and turned into a Zombie. Couldn't pee, couldn't poop, sat and stared at the wall all day, hardly talked and I'm a chatterbox. Nasty stuff.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I really have a problem with pot; it has to be all or nothing. Nobody can say anything negative. It is almost as bad as when our government would not let you say anything good - just a little roll reversal. Users come out of the woodwork in defense of their God.

All I have done is to take the middle ground any nobody wants to listen.
Bad Things About Pot
1. It stinks.
2. It can be addictive.
3. It can have undesirable side effects.
4. It's expensive.
5. It hasn't been completely researched, so there's a lot we still don't know.

There, fixed it for ya!

On the subject of doctors, I take the middle ground. Some are good; some are mediocre; a few shouldn't be practicing medicine at all. Mst doctors are caring and conscientious, but they're not gods and they don't know everything. Patients need to take responsibility for their own health and, if something doesn't seem right, be proactive. Speak up. Do some research.

Some years ago when I was taking hormone replacement therapy, my doctor pushed it on me saying that "It will protect your heart and bones." Yet I had nothing but bad experiences with it. I felt awful the whole time I was on it. It was like having PMS 365 days a year. I complained to my doctor and he tried all different ways of adjusting the dosage, but nothing worked. I was a good patient, following doctor's orders, but I was miserable and couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right.

Finally after doing some reading about menopause and consulting Dr. Google, I came to believe that HRT was doing me more harm than good. Against my doctor's advice, I gradually withdrew from them and after a brief period of adjustment, I felt much more like myself again. But I felt somewhat guilty about disobeying doctor's orders.

About three or four years later, the news came out that estrogen supplements don't protect the heart and bones after all, and they can raise the risk of cancer. I felt vindicated. Ever since then I have believed that you have to listen to your body and do what you know is right for your health even if the doctor doesn't agree.

By the way, the doctor who pushed hormones on me and didn't want me to quit was an excellent, highly-regarded physician who taught internal medicine at the University of California medical school. He wasn't some quack. But even good doctors can be wrong.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:37 PM

In reference to the rep comment regarding using CBD cream it would be interesting as I will need to slather it on from neck to toes. That would be expensive, and a heck of a mess!

Old 04-05-2018, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
In reference to the rep comment regarding using CBD cream it would be interesting as I will need to slather it on from neck to toes. That would be expensive, and a heck of a mess!
Sorry about that. I don't know what your medical condition is or where the pain is, so that was a shot in the dark. I use CBD cream for sore muscles and other minor aches and pains, and it seems to work pretty well. But it is expensive as hell even in small amounts.

For full body pain, I would be looking into edibles. It can take up to two hours for the effects to peak, but they last for up to four hours. Check Leafly.com for recommendations on which strains are most effective for pain relief. While you're waiting for edibles to work, you could always vape or smoke for immediate relief. Whatever you do, it's a lot better than getting hooked on opioids, which is what the anti-drug crusaders should be focusing on instead of beating up on pot smokers.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:48 PM

Duplicate post.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Sorry about that. I don't know what your medical condition is or where the pain is, so that was a shot in the dark. I use CBD cream for sore muscles and other minor aches and pains, and it seems to work pretty well. But it is expensive as hell even in small amounts.

For full body pain, I would be looking into edibles. It can take up to two hours for the effects to peak, but they last for up to four hours. Check Leafly.com for recommendations on which strains are most effective for pain relief. While you're waiting for edibles to work, you could always vape or smoke for immediate relief. Whatever you do, it's a lot better than getting hooked on opioids, which is what the anti-drug crusaders should be focusing on instead of beating up on pot smokers.
I find the oils work fast and last for hours.

Yeah, I hurt all over. It's not debilitating, just annoying as all get out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness