U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 12:00 AM

22,622 posts, read 21,670,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
How do you know which one was at that bottom of the class? You lump all doctors together because they do not say what you want to hear?

I really have a problem with pot; it has to be all or nothing. Nobody can say anything negative. It is almost as bad as when our government would not let you say anything good - just a little roll reversal. Users come out of the woodwork in defense of their God.

All I have done is to take the middle ground any nobody wants to listen.
I've been to some excellent doctors. Once that's happened, you may realise how bad the others are. A good doctor would never say what I want to hear, but will listen and answer my questions. They had good answers when I questioned their answers.

It doesn't sound the middle ground to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 07:56 AM

13,033 posts, read 10,511,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I've been to some excellent doctors. Once that's happened, you may realise how bad the others are. A good doctor would never say what I want to hear, but will listen and answer my questions. They had good answers when I questioned their answers.

It doesn't sound the middle ground to me.
This is not about the merit of doctors. The OP started off with a link about the pros and cons of marijuana. Many on the 'pro' side can see no cons. To have a discussion on the issues you have to be able to see both sides. You have to be able to see the damage as well as the health benefits. Whenever the medical industry list a drug they list side effects. Marijuana is not perfect; it also has side effects and to withhold those side effects from the public would be criminal or liable (if you were talking about any prescribed medicine).

Old 04-07-2018, 09:24 AM

4,747 posts, read 6,129,600 times
Quote:
It might be legal; but it does not mean that all doctors will prescribe it or give patients that option.
CBD oil needs no prescription.

Old 04-07-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
CBD oil needs no prescription.
I think we agree on that. The only problem is that some doctors will not authorize it's use with other medication or they are afraid of the side effects with some patients. Then it becomes a contest on which doctor knows what they are doing and which ones don't.

This thread has gone on for nine pages and what it lacks are comments from the medical establishment. I would like to hear more from our 'experts' on this subject. There is no such thing as a wonder drug; everything has some side effects. People have died from drinking too much water.

Old 04-07-2018, 04:38 PM

15,802 posts, read 4,917,278 times
The reason there aren't any experts here is that we simply don't have enough studies about cannabis and how it works because it's Federally illegal. But this may change. Below is a link to a Forbes Magazine article on the possible reclassification of cannabis from Schedule I. The Trump Administration is seeking comments from the public on whether cannabis should be reclassified, which I think is an encouraging development.

The article also states that, although CBD oil has demonstrated health benefits, is not psychoactive and is well-tolerated by most people, the Federal government still considers it Schedule I with a high potential for abuse and no medical benefits. That's just plain wrong.

I have been using CBD oils, capsules or gummis daily for more than a year and a half, and I'm in the best health. I haven't had any illnesses at all, not even the sniffles. So, although I'm not an "expert," I think my experience illustrates that CBD deserves to be reclassified even more than cannabis does.

Feds Want Input on Marijuana Classification

Old 04-12-2018, 02:28 PM

1,085 posts, read 913,643 times
Default Fortunately the US is not an island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
The reason there aren't any experts here is that we simply don't have enough studies about cannabis and how it works because it's Federally illegal. [/url]
You don't have to just rely on studies done in the USA, and you shouldn't. Studies funded by the US Government over the last 40 or more years were only approved if they were looking for negative outcomes. Studies that didn't find the negative outcomes they were looking for were either unfunded or never published. The US government both in the 1930's and again in the 1970's decided that cannabis was bad in every way. Before the 1930's it was considered medicine and prescribed like any other.

Fortunately other countries, such as Israel, have done honest studies. To say we don't know enough about cannabis, which has been used as medicine for more than 5,000 years, and on which more than 22,000 studies have been done, is disingenuous, at the very least. But it's a great way for prohibitionists to keep it illegal while we "do more research.."

There are certainly things we don't know about it, but we do know a lot if you care to do a search for it.

Considering that it is non-toxic and about as addictive as coffee, you have to wonder about the motivations of people and politicians who think it should be illegal to possess in any amount. This, while at the same time that other substances that are toxic, and in some cases highly toxic, remain legal.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
You don't have to just rely on studies done in the USA, and you shouldn't. Studies funded by the US Government over the last 40 or more years were only approved if they were looking for negative outcomes. Studies that didn't find the negative outcomes they were looking for were either unfunded or never published. The US government both in the 1930's and again in the 1970's decided that cannabis was bad in every way. Before the 1930's it was considered medicine and prescribed like any other.

Fortunately other countries, such as Israel, have done honest studies. To say we don't know enough about cannabis, which has been used as medicine for more than 5,000 years, and on which more than 22,000 studies have been done, is disingenuous, at the very least. But it's a great way for prohibitionists to keep it illegal while we "do more research.."

There are certainly things we don't know about it, but we do know a lot if you care to do a search for it.

Considering that it is non-toxic and about as addictive as coffee, you have to wonder about the motivations of people and politicians who think it should be illegal to possess in any amount. This, while at the same time that other substances that are toxic, and in some cases highly toxic, remain legal.
There are still studies coming out about the negative effects of marijuana like this one just three days ago: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a8295491.html.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:39 PM

38 posts, read 19,516 times
I can say one thing, I am only in my 20s but I will definitely still be smoking some good weed when I am an old lady. To me it defeats the point if not the fun feeling you get with THC, like eating a steak without BBQ sauce.

Anyway, one thing I don't get for those that live in a state where both recreational and medical marijuana is allowed is if recreational marijuana is allowed why even bother with some kind of prescription? Just go to your local dispensary and stock up!

Old 04-12-2018, 06:41 PM

38 posts, read 19,516 times
Quote:
There are still studies coming out about the negative effects of marijuana like this one just three days ago: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a8295491.html.
Given how popular weed has been for decades if there was anything "bad" about it it would have been well known by now. Just stupid regressive old puritan farts find anything bad about it. Smoke up!

Old 04-12-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishim View Post
Given how popular weed has been for decades if there was anything "bad" about it it would have been well known by now. Just stupid regressive old puritan farts find anything bad about it. Smoke up!
That is what I hear over and over again: Don't read the article; shoot the messenger! I think you already smoked up my share!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or