Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 04:35 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,218,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
nothing odd happened.
I agree, story is odd, what happened not so much...

Old 03-16-2018, 04:41 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,657,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles721 View Post
No that is not correct, did I mention cancer?

Well she went to PC doc and he agreed it was hard and a lot larger than other side, so he is sending her to a physical therapist because of the lack of flexibility, pain. Moving in right direction
No one is asking *you* to mention cancer because you aren’t the medical professionals involved. However, the removed lymph node would likely get biopsied and checked for cancer because that’s what happens when lymph nodes get removed. They swell for a reason, and if that reason is not detected prior to removal, it is sent for a biopsy to determine if there could be cancer involved.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:59 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,897,989 times
I had 3 nodes removed a few years ago (thigh, hip and upper arm).

The thigh and arm nodes looked bad after surgery. Lumpy. The hip node healed up nicely and so did the thigh node, eventually (several months before it was not noticeable). However my arm has a noticeable 'dent' where the surgery was. The surgeon said it was the deepest of all 3 and took twice as long to clean it out.

It's surgery....every body is different.

Old 03-16-2018, 06:34 PM

124 posts, read 99,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I had 3 nodes removed a few years ago (thigh, hip and upper arm).

The thigh and arm nodes looked bad after surgery. Lumpy. The hip node healed up nicely and so did the thigh node, eventually (several months before it was not noticeable). However my arm has a noticeable 'dent' where the surgery was. The surgeon said it was the deepest of all 3 and took twice as long to clean it out.

It's surgery....every body is different.
Thanks for sharing. Did you have any muscles cut to get out node, did you have a lot of internal stitches?

Old 03-16-2018, 06:37 PM

124 posts, read 99,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
No one is asking *you* to mention cancer because you aren’t the medical professionals involved. However, the removed lymph node would likely get biopsied and checked for cancer because that’s what happens when lymph nodes get removed. They swell for a reason, and if that reason is not detected prior to removal, it is sent for a biopsy to determine if there could be cancer involved.
We know this, that is pretty common knowledge. Yet the procedure was not to have extra tissue removed at this surgery yet it was done.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:18 PM

19,425 posts, read 27,793,477 times
Quote:
No that is not correct, did I mention cancer?

Well she went to PC doc and he agreed it was hard and a lot larger than other side, so he is sending her to a physical therapist because of the lack of flexibility, pain. Moving in right direction
Which, I assume, her insurance company will pay for- along with so many unnecessary procedures that rack up the prices of health insurance for the rest of us. Like the fact that your friend had general anesthetic for a procedure that would typically be done with a local?

Old 03-17-2018, 12:52 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,491,526 times
Quote:
Allison it happened over 3 weeks ago, it is hard tissue bulging not fluid.
If anyone feels something was not handled properly, they can discuss it with a different doctor or a lawyer. It's that simple. We can't comment on medical specifics since we are not doctors or didn't perform the surgery.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:32 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,174,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
I would be more concerned about a referring doctor saying the surgeon took out more tissue than any good surgeon would..

1. The "referring doctor" REFERRED your friend to this surgeon...now he is criticizing him/her?...
You misread the comment. Go back and read it again.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:56 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,897,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Which, I assume, her insurance company will pay for- along with so many unnecessary procedures that rack up the prices of health insurance for the rest of us. Like the fact that your friend had general anesthetic for a procedure that would typically be done with a local?
I had general anesthesia for my nodes removal at the recommendation of the surgeon.

Why do you say it was unnecessary??

Old 03-17-2018, 09:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,504,600 times
Ok - here's the thing. I have no clue what happened or if it was right or wrong. I'm not a doctor.

What I DO know is that IF a mistake were made - you will never, ever find that out. You've heard of the great white wall? Doctor's absolutely will protect each other.

Your friend might have to go out of state to find out something. But, honestly, the symptoms you talk about simply don't sound worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.