Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 06:26 PM

36,973 posts, read 40,928,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'll ask anyway. I'm not big on plastic surgery because I am ok with (most) of my imperfections. I've lost a lot of weight in the past. I've maintained my loss for a year or so now. Thankfully, my exercise regime (I lift weights four times a week, as well as cardio) really helped with much of the loose skin. there is some loose skin in my lower abs due to weight gain and pregnancies, but I don't care about that and have accepted it. The way I see things is, especially at this age, that my body isn't perfect and that's ok. The body I have now is the result of my hard work over time and having a little loose skin can't take that away from me.

However.

My boobs are another story lately. They were a B in my thinner days, then ballooned to a D in my obese days. Now they are barely an A. Weight loss and breastfeeding weren't kind to them. Breastfeeding and too much weight made the skin stretch. During the loss, my body basically burned all of the fatty tissue so that what remains is just...for lack of a better word...flesh. Saggy flesh with no substance. Squeeze and you feel just loose, droopy skin. I'd rather be totally flat than this. Lifting weights did nothing but make things worse - I now have defined pecs and broadened back/shoulders, which looks odd (at least to me) paired with these saggy barely handfuls of flesh. Again, I'd rather be flat.

So...I'm considering maybe getting breast augmentation done. I'm thinking I'd need a lift, but then most people get implants inserted as well.

I'd like to hear from folks who are/were in a similar situation or who have had breast work done. What to expect? Any complications? Anything to share?

I've read that you need to keep a stable weight. I will fight tooth and nail before I return to 221 lbs but nothing in life is guaranteed, especially as I get older. I figure if I stay within ten or so lbs then all will be ok?

Thanks!
Here's some info for you:

https://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/P...ts/default.htm

https://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/P.../ucm259296.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 06:27 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,306,006 times
I had my breasts lifted when I was 49. I'm 57 now and they still look fantastic (if I do say so myself).

I started getting breasts and they seriously were DD's. Got pregnant and they dropped to a D after giving birth. Second pregnancy they ballooned back up to a DD then after birthing my son, they went down to a small C.

They sagged a lot.

I decided on a lift with no augmentation and am still pleased with the work. I followed all the instruction from the doctor and I had no problems.

The lady that does the ultrasound on my breasts says the job the doctor did was the best she has seen.

I can't speak on getting implants.

I have no regrets. My nipples still look out instead of down

Old 03-20-2018, 07:45 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,110,273 times
I have an interesting history in this regard I had DD cups by the time I was 13. I married early, 16 and had two children 2 years apart, give it a few more years and my breasts were DDD and pointing to the ground and bothered me alot. So I had a reduction done. Okay 3 more children added. The reduction was about 35 years ago now so I would have been about 30 then. Well when I turned 58 for reasons I won't go into I decided I needed implants. And I wanted silicone not water implants and I wanted 800cc implants.and I wanted them implanted over the muscle not under as is more popular these days. I visited 8 doctors all over New England and some of them were very nasty to me. I finally called one not too far from where I live and as I was asking about an apt. I broke down and told the girl on the phone all about the other experience with doctors.
She told me she was sure the doctor would not give me a hard time. Well he was wonderful to me and agreed in spite of my age to do it for me. He did an excellent job. That was in 2006 and they are still good.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:49 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,763,961 times
I would find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and set up an appointment. You will probably have to pay for the consultation, but that cost usually goes towards the procedure if you choose to have it.
Do your homework and due diligence when selecting a doctor. This cannot be stressed enough.
I think if this is something that you want you should go for it.
I never got my boobs done, but I did have my eye lids done and it was money well spent.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:04 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,599,381 times
If you do get an agmentation, go for a small one. Older ladies look ridiculous with high, big, perky breasts! I had a dear friend who had hers "done" years ago. When she was 76, they looked so fake.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:31 AM

494 posts, read 495,942 times
My wife had had the procedure about 12 years ago. She's happy with them, has had zero problems and I'm sure she would do it again. Her friend, who had the procedure around the same time, feels the same way. I know of no woman who regrets her decision to the procedure.

It's not for everybody and I think that some negative comments may be based on bad information. Talk to a doctor or three. Get your boobs back.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:48 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,157,559 times
I have no problems with the idea of plastic surgery such as yours. Shopping for a plastic surgeon is so hard though. Even though I researched to death and went with a recommendation I was totally botched (breast reduction). Of course after had asked everyone I could think of and gotten the surgery, I got other recommendations for th guy that 'came in second'. Wish I had used him.
Plastic surgeons can be very much like contractors. Hard to pin down, even harder to pin down if something goes wrong.
Lifts, with or without augmentation are more complicated to know how to do right that just tucking in a bigger implant in a young woman's breast.
You can do some research on realself.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:24 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,174,291 times
You could always get a small implant like actress Jane Seymour did. I think she said in an interview that she went with an A or B because she just did it to fill them out after breast feeding her twins.

I had implants after my double mastectomy in 2011. I went with a C since that was closest to what I used to be. I always feel like I'm wearing a too tight bra and sometimes they feel too heavy on my chest but I'm not sure how much is from the implants (saline) or the mastectomy.

My sister has had the same implants for probably 30 years. She needs hers replaced soon as there is a slow leak in one of them. I never realized they are supposed to be replaced every 10 years or so but I don't know anybody that ever did that.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:44 AM

13,256 posts, read 8,338,082 times
It's 'suggested',but not a mandate to have the implants replaced.
The same foreign apparatus of any product can be 'suggested' but it's not always necessary. The manufacturer likes repeat business as does the surgeon.
This is a patient /doctor discussion.
Few are in front of the person,able to review the medical history or see the concern to give a yes or no to the process.

I grew up and was assured I'd outgrow a bone (chest) malformation. I didn't. It would take a well qualified surgeon to realign the bone and then place inplants to balance out disproportion. No regrets.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:45 AM

50,144 posts, read 35,802,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'll ask anyway. I'm not big on plastic surgery because I am ok with (most) of my imperfections. I've lost a lot of weight in the past. I've maintained my loss for a year or so now. Thankfully, my exercise regime (I lift weights four times a week, as well as cardio) really helped with much of the loose skin. there is some loose skin in my lower abs due to weight gain and pregnancies, but I don't care about that and have accepted it. The way I see things is, especially at this age, that my body isn't perfect and that's ok. The body I have now is the result of my hard work over time and having a little loose skin can't take that away from me.

However.

My boobs are another story lately. They were a B in my thinner days, then ballooned to a D in my obese days. Now they are barely an A. Weight loss and breastfeeding weren't kind to them. Breastfeeding and too much weight made the skin stretch. During the loss, my body basically burned all of the fatty tissue so that what remains is just...for lack of a better word...flesh. Saggy flesh with no substance. Squeeze and you feel just loose, droopy skin. I'd rather be totally flat than this. Lifting weights did nothing but make things worse - I now have defined pecs and broadened back/shoulders, which looks odd (at least to me) paired with these saggy barely handfuls of flesh. Again, I'd rather be flat.

So...I'm considering maybe getting breast augmentation done. I'm thinking I'd need a lift, but then most people get implants inserted as well.

I'd like to hear from folks who are/were in a similar situation or who have had breast work done. What to expect? Any complications? Anything to share?

I've read that you need to keep a stable weight. I will fight tooth and nail before I return to 221 lbs but nothing in life is guaranteed, especially as I get older. I figure if I stay within ten or so lbs then all will be ok?

Thanks!

I had breast augmentation twice. The first time was 20 years ago when they were only using Saline implants. They were good, but they don't last forever. A few years back one of them deflated (it was actually harder to tell than I would have thought, my niece said it wasn't noticeable even when I was on the beach in a bikini) and I had them replaced with Silicone by the same doctor.

I had them both done behind the muscle (looks and feels much more natural). The first time I was in a lot of pain for while, the second time (I guess things advanced in 20 years, lol) was easy peasy.

I had average size B's, and they were starting to get saggy and started to look like my natural breasts were deflating, lol. I didn't need nor get a lift, but there was a natural lifting effect from the implants. I didn't go huge, just to a full "C". I never once regretted it even when I had to get them redone (that won't be needed with silicone, they do not wear out like saline). I can wear pretty much anything and they still look nice, and natural (and they feel natural since they are under my pecs, what you feel is actually natural breast tissue) At age 56, I don't need to wear a bra unless I want to.

I've probably gained around 15-20 pounds since the first one, it didn't alter anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness