U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-09-2018, 01:36 PM
 
2,392 posts, read 1,563,592 times
Reputation: 4064

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
You are wrong about that. It's highly contagious.
Well, sorta...but...Actually those fungi are ubiquitous and there is nothing (short of living in a bubble) that you can do about that. Do you know what "ubiquitous" means? It means they are always present in some numbers. And, they are!


Fungal skin infections are opportunistic things. At times, people become susceptible where previously they weren't for reasons often unclear. Chronic wet skin is often the cause but sometimes its just an immune system quirk where the organisms are allowed to proliferate and invade. Traumatized skin is certainly a risk factor (i.e., chafing).


I chuckle at people walking around shower rooms in zories. Zories or not, unless you dip those feet in Clorox at some point you've accomplished little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-09-2018, 01:52 PM
 
107 posts, read 50,294 times
Reputation: 165
It's confirmed, the new cat has ringworm. So I definitely have ringworm. Three weeks of meds for both cats, lab work x2 for the old cat, new one still stays sequestered. Oh what fun. I can't wait to talk to the rescue about this now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
1,391 posts, read 2,202,817 times
Reputation: 1847
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Well, sorta...but...Actually those fungi are ubiquitous and there is nothing (short of living in a bubble) that you can do about that. Do you know what "ubiquitous" means? It means they are always present in some numbers. And, they are!


Fungal skin infections are opportunistic things. At times, people become susceptible where previously they weren't for reasons often unclear. Chronic wet skin is often the cause but sometimes its just an immune system quirk where the organisms are allowed to proliferate and invade. Traumatized skin is certainly a risk factor (i.e., chafing).


I chuckle at people walking around shower rooms in zories. Zories or not, unless you dip those feet in Clorox at some point you've accomplished little.
Thanks (?) for educating me. I've been a Family Nurse Practitioner since 1980 and my husband is a top rated M.D. and has been in practice as a doctor for much longer than I've been practicing as an F.N.P.

But, whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2018, 12:47 PM
 
2,392 posts, read 1,563,592 times
Reputation: 4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Thanks (?) for educating me. I've been a Family Nurse Practitioner since 1980 and my husband is a top rated M.D. and has been in practice as a doctor for much longer than I've been practicing as an F.N.P.

But, whatever.


Cool. I'm board certified in a "AOA only" know-it-all MD specialty and a PhD to boot. 35 years. But...like you say, "whatever."


There are a lot of misconceptions about the causes of dermatophytoses. Hence, my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2018, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
1,391 posts, read 2,202,817 times
Reputation: 1847
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Cool. I'm board certified in a "AOA only" know-it-all MD specialty and a PhD to boot. 35 years. But...like you say, "whatever."


There are a lot of misconceptions about the causes of dermatophytoses. Hence, my post.
You are the one who wrote a condescending post directed towards me - asking me if I knew what the word ubiquitous means - among other things.

Hence, MY post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top