Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2019, 11:02 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Update from me the OP.
It is now month 15 and i have recovered about 95% range of motion. No surgery and i am glad I avoided it. Thank you everyone for comments and sharing.

It is lovely to sleep through the night again! I agree with what someone said early in the thread use it (within limits of pain) and don't baby it. I think that helped. Also lots of pillows in the bed for propping that helped. Taking walks daily or twice daily helped.

And EFT helped (the tapping thing). I still use it for different things I like Gary Craig's scripts the best. Simple free and surprisingly effective.
Good for you. And glad you avoided surgery also. Our bodies can do a lot of healing and once cut then it's a real hard issue .... and glad you get good benefits from tapping I do a full session every morning and partial session before sleep. It must do something good. I'll check out Gary Craig, I've liked Brad Yates video the most and not searched for others.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 12:37 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
Great news. I had this problem, woke up a few times a night, but I read online to keep stretching my shoulder, and I did. I’m also 95% better. I avoided surgery.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:50 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,818,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Have you tried a heat wrap for the shoulder since the tear is healed? It might loosen it up to do the exercises.
I tried putting heat on it in the evenings months ago....at that time I did not have all these good exercises to do though. I bought a shoulder brace but am unable to sleep in it and I don't have a heat pack to fit into it. I didn't think to try heating it now before I do exercises. Thanks!

Old 03-06-2019, 06:08 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,265,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston3124 View Post

<snip>Whenever I have a flare up I just do some stretching for next few days and it goes away.

Hope this helps and good luck.
I know this is an old thread with a recent update, but wanted to add my experience from about 6 years ago. I was working, around age 60, with a high deductible on my insurance plan. I diagnosed it from the Internet (thank you, Dr. Google) and then found exercises on YouTube. I'd read enough to understand that the point of the exercises was to break up the scar tissue by moving gently just past the point that I felt pain, but not to make any moves that would cause more damage. The exercises just felt right. It took months but eventually the problem disappeared and I had full range of motion back. Haven't had frozen shoulder since. I decided to try the free, non-chemical approach first and it worked.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:03 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
I think massage for that particular area does help too.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:39 PM

7 posts, read 32,168 times
I had a frozen shoulder about 30 years ago the doc had me use a simple pulley in the ceiling to pull against the stiction using my good arm. I also devised some PT using my good arm to move it. It gradually improved over a period of 4-6 months.

A year or more ago it started bothering me again, waking me with pain but still had near full range of motion. I went to a doc to see if exercise would help or hurt. He x-rayed the shoulder and gave me 12 pages of exercises to perform, some using the good arm to move it and some using the muscles of the bad arm. I am seeing improvement after about 5 weeks. He said to cancel my follow-up appointment if I was making good progress. I am going to cancel and keep going with exercises rather than favoring the shoulder.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:23 PM

On the crepitus issue..a friend was asking me just what it is, is stuff in the joint rolling around and I was not sure but I know it's so often from arthritis, not arthritis. Here is a good explanation. My issues can be loud and often softer noise. I first had this enter my right knee (problem knee) back when I was 57 so back around 24 yrs ago.

https://www.arthritis-health.com/typ.../what-crepitus

Old 07-29-2019, 02:08 AM

10 posts, read 8,721 times
The pain could be caused by many factors, btw it seems that you've tried really wide range of methods and got no result. May I hear some about your sleep conditions? For someone it's enough to just upgrade their bed/pillow/mattress etc. but for someone it's really waste of money/not reasonable change

Old 07-29-2019, 11:16 AM

I've had shoulder issues for probably last 20some yrs and near frozen but not completely. At my last D.O. visit and his work, he gave me 2 exercises to do at home and one are shrugs, a couple times a day at least. They are making a difference. The other one is both arms straight out and holding for as long as one can...work up to close to 5 minutes.

Old 07-30-2019, 11:33 AM

6,350 posts, read 11,580,635 times
I'm very glad I didn't choose surgery.

Who knows what caused it. All kinds of speculations physical and psychological, including traveling with a rolling suitcase where handle is too short. I noticed it soon after I rotated a mattress - all on the same plane, not flipping it. Lots of strains to watch out for.

I got the cortisone shot and did physical therapy. If you consider the arc between the hip and straight up as 180 degrees, I went from about 60 to 120 after several months of physical therapy.

I won't recommend what finally cured it: I broke my ankle. On about the second day of being confined to bed I felt a tingling in my back below the shoulder. At the point where the MT said the shoulder muscles connect. Voila: I was cured.

It could be worth a try to take to the bed for a couple of days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness