Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 01:39 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Would love to see some data supporting her opinions, which are just that, opinions.
True isn't it, we ALL have our opinions...a lot of what Dr. Northrup says is true but many many need hard work on our shoulders... mind work and body work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 02:52 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,123,579 times
Quote:
Would love to see some data supporting her opinions, which are just that, opinions.
The mind is a very powerful thing. There are tons of studies about the mind - body connection and disease. If what Dr. Northrup opines is helpful to the OP or others, who are you to judge the effectiveness or the need for supporting data?

Old 11-25-2018, 05:25 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
https://www.webmd.com/pain-managemen...rozen-shoulder

Old 11-25-2018, 05:32 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Yeppers!!!!!!

Old 11-27-2018, 02:05 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
The mind is a very powerful thing. There are tons of studies about the mind - body connection and disease. If what Dr. Northrup opines is helpful to the OP or others, who are you to judge the effectiveness or the need for supporting data?
The problem is relying overly on something that "works" a very small percentage of the time if it prevents you from trying another treatment that is more effective. And if using that ineffective treatment results in a delay that worsens your condition that is even worse. There are few treatments that are 100% effective but we'd do well to find the most effective ones and try them first before going on to ones that are effective for fewer people or are riskier in other ways.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:00 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,821,410 times
Doing my best to comprehend how the shoulder heals. After a small tear in my right supraspinatus in June, I believe the tear has healed because the pain is different, but my shoulder started freezing in November. I learned new (better) exercises and stretches in late January and was doing them 3x a day but have gone down to 2x a day because I'm getting discouraged. Many pains simply will not get better. For example, I cannot cross my arms or grab my wrist behind my back without significant pain. And no matter how many times I do it throughout the day, every day, it does not get better. I wonder if electrical stim would help with the scar tissue, am thinking of buying that on Amazon.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:24 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
Doing my best to comprehend how the shoulder heals. After a small tear in my right supraspinatus in June, I believe the tear has healed because the pain is different, but my shoulder started freezing in November. I learned new (better) exercises and stretches in late January and was doing them 3x a day but have gone down to 2x a day because I'm getting discouraged. Many pains simply will not get better. For example, I cannot cross my arms or grab my wrist behind my back without significant pain. And no matter how many times I do it throughout the day, every day, it does not get better. I wonder if electrical stim would help with the scar tissue, am thinking of buying that on Amazon.
Have you tried a heat wrap for the shoulder since the tear is healed? It might loosen it up to do the exercises.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:22 AM

774 posts, read 1,048,677 times
I know the OP said no surgery but that's the only thing that finally helped my wife. She did injections, acupuncture, cupping, PT and a lot more and nothing really helped. After dragging on for months, she had the surgery last month and has regained her full range of motion.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:40 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Wow diagnosis by radio!

Crepitus is NOT arthritis. Crepitus is any crackling or popping noise in the body. It is just a name of either normal or abnormal symptom, not a Dx

That's kinda like diagnosis by a forum like CD
However to describe it, I live with it and in the joints that are arthritic.

https://www.healthline.com/health/os...ritis/crepitus

And I don't believe I ever called it a form of arthritis but that it comes with arthritis. If I misspoke, please pardon me. And yes, the MD I hear weekly talks a lot about crepitus as many call in with this complaint and suffer with arthritis.

On the frozen shoulder issue I got to a chiro before my shoulders went to complete frozen status. He did wonders. Then I found a sports medicine MD and he did a Prolo injection in my right shoulder, and I got 3 yrs of pain free shoulder. My issues came from gym machines.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 03-04-2019 at 12:18 PM..

Old 03-05-2019, 09:32 AM

22,163 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Update from me the OP.
It is now month 15 and i have recovered about 95% range of motion. No surgery and i am glad I avoided it. Thank you everyone for comments and sharing.

It is lovely to sleep through the night again! I agree with what someone said early in the thread use it (within limits of pain) and don't baby it. I think that helped. Also lots of pillows in the bed for propping that helped. Taking walks daily or twice daily helped.

And EFT helped (the tapping thing). I still use it for different things I like Gary Craig's scripts the best. Simple free and surprisingly effective.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 03-05-2019 at 09:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness