U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 10:28 AM

13,941 posts, read 14,104,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
OK, you may know more than me about storing waste but for me a BM daily is important...I eat fats and protein too...but like to be cleaned out.

There is no "cleaning out" that area is filthy at all times...unless you fast and drink a ton of water for a couple of days.

Sure, you don't want to be constipated, but that is different from the idea that the colon is going to be squeaky-clean. The frequency of BMs varies from person to person, and can be influenced by a number of factors, including diet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 02:15 PM

18,565 posts, read 12,404,330 times
I'd rather not say.

Old 04-13-2018, 02:51 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,455,205 times
I go a couple times a week if I am lucky. This past sunday I went and while sitting there I threw up about a 1/4 trashcan of blood. No pain before or after. next time I went I threw up again, blood again though not as much. Then Yesterday I had deiareha alll day.
I do go to urninate about 10 times a day.

Old 04-13-2018, 02:56 PM

309 posts, read 117,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
I go a couple times a week if I am lucky. This past sunday I went and while sitting there I threw up about a 1/4 trashcan of blood. No pain before or after. next time I went I threw up again, blood again though not as much. Then Yesterday I had deiareha alll day.
I'd be worried about vomiting blood and see a doctor.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:00 PM

14,417 posts, read 4,363,855 times
Quote:
Yikes, I'd be concerned about what is going on. I can't imagine getting to this scenerio.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:09 PM

274 posts, read 33,391 times
Like clock work every morning, maybe 2, 3 times a day...

Old 04-13-2018, 03:11 PM

274 posts, read 33,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
I have taken two tea spoon full of Metamucil every night since 1985. I am now 74 years old. After my last colonoscopy, about 5 years ago, my doctor said "I don't know what you've been doing, but keep doing it." So I do.
Is that ok for children who need help going?

Old 04-13-2018, 06:40 PM

4,165 posts, read 5,408,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
Sorry, my eyes glaze over when I hear the word toxins. If the body was not able to get rid of toxins, none of us would have made it out of infancy.

Of course, eating right helps keep you healthy, I'll agree with that.

I would say how many times a day I go, but I signed a pledge when I turned 55, never to discuss my bathroom habits with anyone but a doctor. Maybe you have met some seniors who want to talk about their "movements" in great detail with anyone who will listen. I don't want to be one of those people, either the speaker or the listener.
I also have the same reaction to word "toxin." It is usually used when they are trying to sell you some product to "cleanse' or "detozify" the pounds of toxins lurking in your gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarknation View Post
I go once a day, in the morning before taking a shower.
I had a paramedic tell me that is the most common time for fatal heart attacks.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:29 PM

2,928 posts, read 1,453,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarknation View Post
I go once a day, in the morning before taking a shower.
Ditto!

Old 04-13-2018, 10:33 PM

2,928 posts, read 1,453,961 times
Quote:
Kind of sounds like dysentery with additional complications. If you aren't pulling our leg, get to the emergency room RIGHT NOW. You don't recover from symptoms like that without treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or