U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 10:55 PM

1,786 posts, read 1,308,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
I go a couple times a week if I am lucky. This past sunday I went and while sitting there I threw up about a 1/4 trashcan of blood. No pain before or after. next time I went I threw up again, blood again though not as much. Then Yesterday I had deiareha alll day.
I do go to urninate about 10 times a day.
That sounds VERY serious. Please get to an ER or Urgent Care clinic. Write back and let us know how you're doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 05:22 AM

1,978 posts, read 925,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger34 View Post
Is that ok for children who need help going?
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354242

Old 04-14-2018, 06:26 AM

9,498 posts, read 6,629,150 times
It really depends and varies for me. I'm sporadic on eating. No set diet, no set qty, no set frequency.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:38 AM

4,180 posts, read 3,697,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Moderator cut: ORPHANED POST

My ex hubby has it. Being diagnosed didn't stop it. His paternal side has the 100% chance. So fast forward. At 30 my son asks his doctor to permit the test..Doc says,nope! You have to wait til your 50! I then interject and encourage him to re address this test with his doctor. Again doc says,nope!
Both his wife and I remain optimistic and even my son has figured...it's not 'if',it's when
My ex has had two remissions...early detection makes little difference. It just allows more remissions and more treatments ..
Tell your son to call a gastroenterologist. He should be getting screened. You DO NOT have to wait until you're 50 if you have a family history. And your insurance normally will cover it if you have family history. My DH has had one every 5 years since he was 30. He is getting them now every 3 years. His uncle died of colon cancer, so he is super vigilant. Every single time they find pre-cancerous polyps and remove them.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:57 AM

801 posts, read 294,186 times
25M here and I defecate anywhere from 1-3 times per day, average right around the 2 mark.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:08 AM

678 posts, read 616,343 times
Always in the morning after I wake up. Maybe once again after lunch or after dinner. On average 1 to 3 times per day, depending on what I eat. And I do eat a lot of fiber. I've been tracking my food, down to the gram, everyday using the app Cronometer (love it). I always eat at least 100% RDA of fiber, whole grain bread and pasta, fruits, beans, and veggies. I don't eat meat anymore.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:51 AM

2,140 posts, read 1,031,938 times
Varies based on diet and water consumption. Average is probably once a day.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:15 AM

18,565 posts, read 12,404,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred44 View Post
Always in the morning after I wake up. Maybe once again after lunch or after dinner. On average 1 to 3 times per day, depending on what I eat. And I do eat a lot of fiber. I've been tracking my food, down to the gram, everyday using the app Cronometer (love it). I always eat at least 100% RDA of fiber, whole grain bread and pasta, fruits, beans, and veggies. I don't eat meat anymore.
That's awesome, good job! Another cool (free) app that tracks what you eat and keeps track of calories, amount of carbs, fat, sugar, etc. is Lose It, once I started tracking what I eat I started losing weight. After reading this thread I have decided to add Metamucil to my daily routine, as it seems I don't go enough.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:35 AM

15,312 posts, read 17,300,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Moderator cut: ORPHANED POST

My ex hubby has it. Being diagnosed didn't stop it. His paternal side has the 100% chance. So fast forward. At 30 my son asks his doctor to permit the test..Doc says,nope! You have to wait til your 50! I then interject and encourage him to re address this test with his doctor. Again doc says,nope!
Both his wife and I remain optimistic and even my son has figured...it's not 'if',it's when
My ex has had two remissions...early detection makes little difference. It just allows more remissions and more treatments ..
Your son needs a more proactive Dr. given your family history. I'd look for a second opinion.

And, I disagree....Early detection can make a huge difference.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:41 AM

15,312 posts, read 17,300,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
I go a couple times a week if I am lucky. This past sunday I went and while sitting there I threw up about a 1/4 trashcan of blood. No pain before or after. next time I went I threw up again, blood again though not as much. Then Yesterday I had deiareha alll day.
I do go to urninate about 10 times a day.
Go to the emergency room, or urgent care clinic asap. Nothing you have described is even close to normal. Best to know what is causing this.

I hope it is something minor, good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or