U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 04:45 PM

1,063 posts, read 320,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
This is fun -- and you can try it at home if you have a home monitor.

Sit down, take your blood pressure. Let's say it measures 145/90. Take a minute or two and do some relaxed breathing. Think pleasant thoughts (for me, it's a mountain meadow, filled with wild flowers).

Then visualize the reading you want -- let's say 120/74. Breathe in and breath out that number for four or five deep breaths. See it in your mind's eye. Take your BP.

I can usually get my BP within 1-2 points of the measurement I visualized.

See if you can, too.

You surely can lower your BP with your mind. The challenge is to keep up your deep breathing and relaxing thoughts when faced with life's normal stressors.

I know I tend to hold my breath or take shallow breaths when stressed -- voila! Instant raised BP measurements.
This is precisely why taking BP in isolation is practically useless. There are all sorts of ways you can lower BP, what we really need to know is what is your arterial blood flow like and is there any obstructions?

Since BP only tells 1 point of 3 in and of itself not very helpful.

The other point would be knowing cholesterol and still that is an estimate. We don't know if just because your cholesterol is high is plaque actually building up in your walls or not. A biopsy of some sort would help determine that.

Now the 3rd component is the actual integrity of your arterial walls which is influenced by Vitamin K, Nitric Oxide and general system inflammation. Systemic inflammation is very difficult to estimate and that is why they just go straight to the most vulnerable arteries and look at the space. If everything is jacked up and you are at immediate heart attack risk within the next year then the next thing in my opinion is to immediately remove all animal protein which is linked to higher C-reative protein.

But instead many will say we need you on statins, calcium channel blocker and blood thinners. So basically all 3 of these have problems and compounded together now you will have CoQ10 issues, low ATP and poor Mitochondrial health from the Statin. Reducing O2 levels and ability to exercise. Great. Now the calcium channel blocker imbalances the kidney because you are artificially altering the way calcium is used in the signalling to trick the body to lower the BP. Doing it in this way also reduces natural energy because you are putting on the emergency brake and not gradually breaking. There are several subtle systemtic effects including loss of libido because the calcium channel handles multiple communication systems within the body. PLUS you are messing with the body's natural electric signaling system in the peripheral nervous system. Some of these effects are still not widely understood. Lastly blood thinners basically if you bruise yourself you are at risk for bleeding out just from a nose bleed or bumping your knee if you are over age 60. This is because a synthetic blood thinner like Wafarin AGAIN does not function the same way a natural one does. You are opening the flood gates and not MODULATING the clotting function but basically hammering it down to virtually nothing.

Putting it plainly I would rather DIE of natural causes than take any of these medicines for a prolonged period of time. Modern pharmaceuticals are WONDERFUL for acute life saving measures but they are not effective long term. None of these medicines are compatible with the body long term. They cause unknown imbalances which create secondary problems which require more medications. Even something as simple as Aspirin is dangerous long term.

HBP is a vague problem that is not solved by a specific solution. Unless a person has confirmed several blocked arteries or brain damage from previous strokes due to a genetic pre-disposition HBP meds are of virtually no value.

Many famous cardiovascular surgeons have suggested the following:

- Increased nitrites/nitrate consumption from leafy green vegetables cooked or juiced. Nitric Oxide promotes vasodilation
- Omega 3s to block Arachnidonic Acid which is 2nd to only C-reactive protein when it comes to correlation with heart attacks and other organ damage (ALA from ground Flaxseeds also accomplish this)
- Overall antioxidant status - In general you need adequate macro and micro nutrients from vegetables and fruits to maintain this. But certain herbs can give an added boost to specific organs. Damiana is beneficial for the Kidney. Ashwagandha also helps modulate cortisol and thyroid imbalances. But the best thing for both the metabolism and thyroid is adequate iodine from Kelp.
- Magnesium - Our diets are low in Mag because the soil is depleted
- Other vitamins - absorption lower in other vitamins and minerals due to the aforementioned reason

Before you even think about Rx to fix BP - Fix your diet and nutrition. If your body does not have the proper tools it will malfunction.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:53 PM

17,866 posts, read 17,069,520 times
Now that we know all there is to know (?) this thread is closed. Too much bickering.

Old 04-13-2018, 05:19 PM

9,130 posts, read 6,307,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Although not commonly seen, there are actually quite a few devices that measure your blood pressure on your finger.

The Best Finger Blood Pressure Monitor In The Market Today!
We'll have to keep looking for those. Although the site you listed calls the products it reviews finger blood pressure monitors, the four products listed are actually pulse oximeters. The numbers you see displayed on the devices in the pictures the 1) percentages of oxygen saturation, (O2 sat) and 2) the heart rate. I don't know why they call them blood pressure monitors.

Old 04-13-2018, 05:37 PM

18,569 posts, read 6,055,264 times
Oh, there is a Blood Presssure Finger Meter, I'm not dreaming. I know the finger device is used for measuring oxygen, but the other one...I'll look at it. Looking further, it's an oxygen meter.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 04-13-2018 at 05:59 PM..

Old 04-13-2018, 07:37 PM

27,336 posts, read 17,546,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
This is fun -- and you can try it at home if you have a home monitor.

Sit down, take your blood pressure. Let's say it measures 145/90. Take a minute or two and do some relaxed breathing. Think pleasant thoughts (for me, it's a mountain meadow, filled with wild flowers).

Then visualize the reading you want -- let's say 120/74. Breathe in and breath out that number for four or five deep breaths. See it in your mind's eye. Take your BP.

I can usually get my BP within 1-2 points of the measurement I visualized.

See if you can, too.

You surely can lower your BP with your mind. The challenge is to keep up your deep breathing and relaxing thoughts when faced with life's normal stressors.

I know I tend to hold my breath or take shallow breaths when stressed -- voila! Instant raised BP measurements.

DH has taught me the similar concept during cardio to lower my heart rate.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)

Old 04-13-2018, 07:38 PM

27,336 posts, read 17,546,174 times
Gonna close the thread for INE
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or