U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 12:54 PM

3,840 posts, read 1,429,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Unless you urinate on your hands, or recently engaged in intercourse, there is no reason to wash afterwards. Besides, even the most thorough handwash is negated as soon as you touch the lavatory door...
Many years ago I shared an agency wildfire crew bunkhouse for the winter with a woman. I was the house live-in caretaker. She had some habits that probably would have landed her in the germaphobe/OCD realm these days.

She cleaned house in the nude because she didn't want to get dirt on her clothes. You can imagine the sight when anyone happened to walk into the room she was busily scouring . Of course she preferred the house heated to about 80F. The heat source was a woodburning furnace. She never seemed to learn to handle an axe or splitting maul so someone else had to cut all the wood.

Everything she owned was soaked in bleach including her truck with its camper, her dog, all her belongings, clothes.

She refused rides to friends because "people don't wear clean underwear" and "kids don't wipe themselves". If she was forced to give someone a ride, she would scrub the upholstery with chlorine-based scouring powder.

Her dog got a serious scrub down every week. Poor thing was always itchy and scratching from dried out skin and hair.

She had a weekly ritual bath. It entailed applying a special soap, to scrub for a specific amount of time, then sit steaming in a hot bathtub for the next 2 hours. She could never explain the skin condition this was supposed to treat.

A story she told me about using the ladies room at a nearby visitor center. She used one stall, another visitor was in the other. While she was removing the outer layer of skin from her hands at the sink, the other woman came up, rinsed fingers under the faucet, touched up her hair and started to leave. My housemate stopped this complete stranger screeching "You don't wash your paddies after you go potty?". This woman remarked "I don't potty on my paddies." turned, and left.

Edited: to remove annoying details. Hope some readers are happier.

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-15-2018 at 02:14 PM..

Old 04-15-2018, 02:44 PM

17,753 posts, read 16,947,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I honestly don't see the point in hand sanitizer in a bathroom, where soap and water are avaiable. Ditto kitchen. Maybe on the coffee table.

"New safety rule" is a good idea though.
The reason I suggested hand sanitizer is that the person already doesn't use/is too lazy to use soap and water. Maybe some gimmick like the sanitizer would be appealing to him. Faster and easier too. Might make it easier for the OP to get him to clean his hands.

Anyway, we have probably exhausted this topic.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or