U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM

38,095 posts, read 30,164,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Here is another idea. You could search for support groups for people with genetic facial abnormalities. It is possible that you could get involved with their group or the members may have ideas of similar groups.

I am a retired special education teacher and I have learned that there are many groups like that. One of my former students had a genetic disorder that was so rare that there were perhaps 100 people in the entire world alive with that disorder and they had a very active support group.

Good luck to you.
I like this idea. OP, good luck. Support is paramount regardless of the physical challenge and I've been able to find support groups online for various challenges and WOW, they've been helpful. I've made some good friends through these groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:36 PM

4,550 posts, read 5,605,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Thank you, nice people, for your replies but the surgeon was Unable to fix mine. That's why my search is not for any surgery but instead to find other people who have similar Irreparable deformity as mine. In other words, Socialization with people whom I can feel comfortable with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Just a wild guess, but maybe the plastic surgery department of your nearest teaching hospital might be able tp provide you with leads.
I guess I wasn't clear, but the plastic surgery department of a teaching hospital may be able to provide you with the names of support groups, not perform more surgery.

Also, you might try the psychiatry department of a nearby teaching hospital to see if they know of such groups.

I wish you the very best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or