U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 08:02 PM

3,962 posts, read 1,590,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
exercising less, true but I am not sure about drinking more. I have known a lot of people in the middle to upper classes that love their booze. yes, I am pretty sure lower income people smoke more if you are talking cigarettes but cigars seem to be gaining in popularity and they are not something you see people in the lower income brackets doing a lot. As for government studies I am not a firm believer they are always legit. Just my opinion.
I think I would trust surveys with thousands of respondents rather than your gut feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 05:43 AM

69,259 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I think I would trust surveys with thousands of respondents rather than your gut feelings.
and that is why we have different opinions on issues. CD is all about sharing views and ideas.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:56 AM

18,765 posts, read 6,129,215 times
Another example of those who have Money and more comfortable are those able to get PRP and Stem Cells in the U.S. and in other countries, like Jack Nicklaus, Kobe Bryant and hundreds of other sports celebs who deal with a lot of injuries. I can't get this work as I don't have enough money to get them. And our insurance industry isn't "ready" to help the regular man/woman with this regenerative work.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:03 PM

69,259 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Another example of those who have Money and more comfortable are those able to get PRP and Stem Cells in the U.S. and in other countries, like Jack Nicklaus, Kobe Bryant and hundreds of other sports celebs who deal with a lot of injuries. I can't get this work as I don't have enough money to get them. And our insurance industry isn't "ready" to help the regular man/woman with this regenerative work.
I wouldn't expect our insurance companies to help pay for procedures that some consider still experimental.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:16 PM

18,765 posts, read 6,129,215 times
Quote:
I wouldn't expect our insurance companies to help pay for procedures that some consider still experimental.
Oh this work has been going on for decades -- it's surgeries (elective) that are new in our country...Could be they work and would put the surgery business out a bit. ummmmm

And they pay for HA injections, which hardly work, and steriods the same and do so much damage..but they pay. Never know what is down the road with more and more coming out with this Prolo work...

More and more info out there now so they are becoming very popular and they work for many. Did for my shoulder 10 yrs ago....and that was plain old dextrose prolo and I paid out of pocket...

Last edited by jaminhealth; 05-21-2018 at 01:37 PM..

Old 05-21-2018, 01:26 PM

5,499 posts, read 3,352,872 times
Quote:
Exactly. It takes time, but experimental procedures that pass muster eventually change status.

For example, about ten years ago my doctor and I fought with my insurance to pay for an expensive genetic test, but lost, because it was "experimental." The cost was thousands of dollars.

Eighteen months later, that test had moved into an "accepted" category (don't know the official word) and my insurance finally agreed to pay for it.

Shortly after that, new regulations stated that insurance companies must pay for this test if the patient met certain criteria.

Today, anyone can order that test online and take it at home for $250 or less.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:37 PM

15,385 posts, read 8,679,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
what advanced procedures and treatments do you assume he's gotten that are not available to others?
And where are the statistics to back up the claim that the super rich live a lot longer?

Old 05-21-2018, 07:27 PM

84,959 posts, read 98,776,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And where are the statistics to back up the claim that the super rich live a lot longer?
See posts #57 and 75.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or