U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 08:19 PM

369 posts, read 117,056 times

Advertisements

In the end my personal study stands at 100% accuracy.
Birth causes death.
Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 08:20 PM

15,537 posts, read 29,302,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus View Post
I do not drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes. I don’t eat gluten, red meat, sugar, dairy, or fried food.
I drink daily green smoothies (that is recent), eat plenty of seafood, legumes, fruits and vegetables, and have done so for years. Last month, during a routine colonoscopy, doctor removed a cancerous polyp. They weren’t sure if they got it all and MRI revealed at least stage 1. So I recently had 12 inches of my rectum/colon removed. It all turned out well thankfully but colon cancer is the last diagnosis I ever expected to hear.
Did they show it to you? Did you demand to see the laboratory slide that demonstrated, without a shadow of a doubt that this polyp was cancerous?

In Missouri, you don't need a license to work in a medical laboratory. You don't even need any medical/scientific/biological experience. All you need is a pulse. I cannot even begin to imagine how many UNNECESSARY medical procedures are conducted on patients due to a misdiagnosis resulting from a laboratory employee who didn't have a single clue what they were doing.

I shudder to think how many die because of it.

Not to change the subject *ahem*, I eat a horrific diet and am as healthy as a horse. I drink plenty too. People are just different and react differently to things. Nobody knows, nobody really knows.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:56 PM

510 posts, read 661,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Did they show it to you? Did you demand to see the laboratory slide that demonstrated, without a shadow of a doubt that this polyp was cancerous?

In Missouri, you don't need a license to work in a medical laboratory. You don't even need any medical/scientific/biological experience. All you need is a pulse. I cannot even begin to imagine how many UNNECESSARY medical procedures are conducted on patients due to a misdiagnosis resulting from a laboratory employee who didn't have a single clue what they were doing.

I shudder to think how many die because of it.
I didn’t see the slide....only pathology report which was signed off by two different pathologists who both concurred that there was cancer in the polyp.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:58 PM

15,537 posts, read 29,302,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus View Post
I didn’t see the slide....only pathology report which was signed off by two different pathologists who both concurred that there was cancer in the polyp.
I wonder if they even looked at them.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:14 PM

38,719 posts, read 45,184,782 times
Just 1 drink reduces lifespan.

My lifespan is supposed to be 77. I'm way past that age. By what that story was talking about then I should have been dead many many years ago. For the past 50+years I've always had 1-2 beers before nearly every dinner. I've had several doctors tell me that a beer or 2 has most of the vitamins you'll ever need and that that much beer is not harmful. I agree, it hasn't hurt me.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:19 PM

7,165 posts, read 2,241,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/story/s/w...ife-expectancy

So the previous advice was that a drink or two a day actually increased lifespan and prevented artherosclerosis and heart attacks. Now this new report contradicts that. No wonder people are confused.. we are constantly subject to confusing and contradictory information from the medical community.
The difference is, that advice to take a couple of drinks a day, comes from a source that is sponsored by those who produce alcoholic drinks. There was a time, when tobacco companies claimed that their product soothed people's nerves and improved their mental health.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:43 PM

511 posts, read 196,974 times
If people spend money on alcohol, they won't have as much money for pills that kill nearly 3 times as many as alcohol, when used as prescribed.

I've probably had 50,000-60,000+ drinks containing alcohol over the last 35 years. I did some online test where they tell a person at what age they will die, based on the healthy and unhealthy things they do or don't do, and to what extent. It said they'd expect me to die at 45!

So I looked for liver detoxifier online. Found the Himalaya Liver Care formula highest rated, on market since 1955. One convincing review was from someone who was drinking 10+ glasses of wine daily. Doc said choices are quit or die. After they used it for a couple weeks, they went to Dr. for recheck. Dr. said congrats on quitting, biggest 2 week improvement of all current patients. Patient didn't quit, just cut back to about 6 glasses of wine daily. Yes, it prevents damage, promotes regeneration of healthy new liver cells in clinical trials.

Old 05-12-2018, 02:09 AM

12,581 posts, read 10,478,078 times
Quote:

So the previous advice was that a drink or two a day actually increased lifespan and prevented artherosclerosis and heart attacks. Now this new report contradicts that. No wonder people are confused.. we are constantly subject to confusing and contradictory information from the medical community.
Alright after reading this - Time for another Beer

Old 05-12-2018, 04:34 AM

15,432 posts, read 8,087,437 times
Quote:

My Uncle, who was an alcoholic (and chain smoker), had 20 drinks a day for 60 years....just imagine how much longer he would have lived if he hadn't taken those 450,000 drinks....we always figured he was too pickled for diseases like lung cancer to take hold.

Old 05-12-2018, 08:45 AM

510 posts, read 661,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I wonder if they even looked at them.
You suggested that I demand to “see the slide”. How in the world would I know if cancer is present in the polyp?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness