U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 11:28 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,130,954 times

Advertisements

I sleep in the same bed as my husband and sleep great. He snores loudly but I can literally sleep through anything, anywhere, anytime. I sleep a solid 7-8 hours most nights. The flip side of that is that I have slept through fire alarms and screaming babies. My son and husband know they have to literally shake me to wake me up for emergencies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2018, 11:44 AM

12,499 posts, read 6,817,047 times
I'm a very finicky sleeper and usually average about 5 or 6 hours a night. I'm also a night owl with a usual bed time between 3am and 4am. My husband is an early riser and up between 5am and 6am. We usually average sleeping together about 2 hours a night. It can be a zoo. Sometimes the cat is up there and ever since our other precious boy left us, the Yorkie refuses to sleep alone. He's with me on the couch until I carry him up to bed. The cat stays with me and is up with John sometimes. I really don't like the animals in our bed, but, what are you going to do. The Yorkie slept in a bed under the covers with our other dog for five years. John and I have slept together for 33 years. It's all in what you get used to. I don't like sleeping alone. Evidently neither does Joe Joe Nightmare.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:40 PM

25,473 posts, read 16,404,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I cannot sleep without my husband.

We have a king memory foam, with frette linens, a goose down comforter, my walls are painted chocolate brown and I have black out shades. I turn the AC in my home down to 60 degrees. No TV, no noise.

My husband sleeps with a face mask on and ear plugs.

My bedroom is a cave and my bed is my sanctuary. We sleep 8-10 hours a night.

Perfect!!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)

Old 05-12-2018, 03:52 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,960,428 times
We have some weird mattress DH's chiropractor said would be good for him. When DH moves, I feel it. It's not a water bed, but it can make me a little seasick. DH moves around a lot at first, so I give him a couple hours to get to his deeper, stiller sleep before I go to bed. That works out fine. I can get into bed without disturbing him, and once I am sleeping, I am not disturbed by a bit of movement. (If he starts flapping the covers, though, . . . )

I did sleep better when I was single and sleeping alone on a normal mattress.

Old 05-12-2018, 06:36 PM

4,801 posts, read 3,367,715 times
King sized Tempurpedic mattress, the best! You don't feel the other moving around and it feels like you are sleeping on a cloud... soft.
When we go to bed, we have the TV on and set the timer so it shuts off after an hour. Hubby falls asleep instantly, I take about 10-15 minutes.

He snores quite loudly at times, but when I give him a tap, he rolls over and is quiet.
We have 2 toy sized dogs who like to snuggle with husband or me, depending on who they choose during the night.

I sleep very well until I have a hot flash. I usually have two/nightly. Sometimes they are mild and sometimes they are brutal... my scalp is drenched, my face is dripping and my chest is soaked. NOT FUN. Most times I get up, use the toilet, climb back into bed and turn on the fan on the small table beside me and HOPE to go back to sleep. (and I take a mild estrogen supplement) Without it, I'd be twice as bad. I know because I've tried to wean myself off of it. No can do.

The last two nights I was up at 3:30 am making coffee. Went back to bed at 6 and slept until 8. Menopause sucks!

Old 05-12-2018, 08:58 PM

7,679 posts, read 7,043,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Wow I'm so jealous of your room. Lol that set up sounds amazing! Especially that bed and comforter
If I didn't have to work, I probably wouldn't get out of my bed! That dark brown wall paint will do wonders for your sleeping.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:34 PM

10,640 posts, read 17,985,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I've been getting those "jerks" since the knee infection mess I went thru. And the knee clean out the MD's did...before that never the jerks. I just rub my foot and get back to sleep. I take a nice sleep combo that keeps me in good sleep otherwise. I have the combo in Alt Med in case anyone is interested.
My husband does that knee jerk thing as he's falling asleep. It doesn't wake him up, but if he's snuggled up right behind me, it feels like he's kicking me in the butt. The knee that does it is the one he's dislocated a couple of times.

Old 05-13-2018, 11:36 AM

15,664 posts, read 4,924,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
My husband does that knee jerk thing as he's falling asleep. It doesn't wake him up, but if he's snuggled up right behind me, it feels like he's kicking me in the butt. The knee that does it is the one he's dislocated a couple of times.
I had a couple "jerks" last night and they were before I feel asleep I think. Did your husband go thru some surgeries, I believe these are from nerve damages.

Old 05-13-2018, 11:49 AM

25,473 posts, read 16,404,968 times
Almost everyone experience hypnic jerks at one time or another. I have them.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)

Old 05-13-2018, 11:59 AM

15,664 posts, read 4,924,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Almost everyone experience hypnic jerks at one time or another. I have them.
Almost Everyone? I never had them until the surgery work in the last 7 yrs and I'll go back to hip replacement and then the subsequent other types and nerve damage that has followed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or