Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 07:26 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
For sure! I hope they get wiped down at least every few days. Kids climb all over those seats and people wipe their noses and touch the seats.
Do you check for when they do that??!! What if you come in a few days after they have wiped them down?

You can't get away from germs. My best defense is eating healthy and getting enough rest to keep my immune system in tip top shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
(poop) from people or animals is an important source of germs like Salmonella, E. coli O157, and norovirus that cause diarrhea, and it can spread some respiratory infections like adenovirus and hand-foot-mouth disease. These kinds of germs can get onto hands after people use the toilet or change a diaper, but also in less obvious ways, like after handling raw meats that have invisible amounts of animal poop on them. A single gram of human feces—which is about the weight of a paper clip—can contain one trillion germs 1. Germs can also get onto hands if people touch any object that has germs on it because someone coughed or sneezed on it or was touched by some other contaminated object. When these germs get onto hands and are not washed off, they can be passed from person to person and make people sick.
References
One could go crazy reading all of that stuff. What are you going to do? Stay a hermit your entire life? Although if you stay inside you will still have to deal with mites I try not to read articles on mites--it is just too ewww for me along with the stuff you posted.
I am in no way a person that washes their hands all the time. A few times a day. I rarely get sick--maybe once every few years.

Get enough sleep and eat healthy--that is your best defense. Your doctor should wash their hands--but in reality that is the least of your worries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 07:51 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
My doctor washes her hands at the sink while saying hello, then puts gloves on. She washes her hands before leaving the room as well.

The nurses don't, because they're just updating medical history and taking vital signs.
My doc is the same way.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:14 PM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
While I sat for nearly two hours in a hospital corridor waiting for my auntie to have hip replacement done I counted three doctors and some nurses who came through two sets of swing doors without using the antiseptic spray on their hands which was just to the right of each set of doors.. They saw me sitting there and still didnt care or put on a show... so how often does this go on entering a hospital room ...as they did..or does one squirt of the stuff at the start of the day last..The worst I noticed was in a dentists surgery where the dentist came out while seeing a patient with her rubber gloves on , flicked through a book to see appointments or whatever then went back into the patient still wearing the gloves..,makes you wonder just how many germs were passed ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness