U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 06:24 PM

373 posts, read 202,515 times

Advertisements

Embarrassing issue I have had going on recently . I usually wear the degree adrenaline series deodorant , havenít had any issues for years , however the last 3 weeks ever since my company switched to short sleeve work shirts ( weird ) the way the material sits in my armpit region and the combo of a lot of sitting and very hot rooms and vehicles my armpits are always soaked .

Itís becominf very embarrassing as the uniform is light grey and within an hour of my shift thereís a baseball sized wet spot under my entire pit and spreads wider to the point I canít hide it :

Idk what I should try baby powder on top of the deodorant doesnít work either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 06:36 PM

12,972 posts, read 6,861,234 times
Try "Certain Dri":
https://www.certaindri.com/content/3...8aAlNREALw_wcB

It has worked miraculously for me - it stops you from perspiring, it is not just a deodorant. It is best to apply it at night when you are completely dry, just before bed. If you try to apply it while you are actually perspiring you may get a burning sensation - so just before work may be a bad idea if there's something stressful about it.

Try spraying white vinegar on your pit stains before you toss your uniforms in the washer.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:46 PM

Thank you I should try that . So basically . I put deodorant on like Normal after Certain Dri?
I couldn’t imagine Putting it on the night before and then shower and go to work without anything else on I would smell terribly ?

Old 05-16-2018, 08:09 PM

12,972 posts, read 6,861,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateman92 View Post
Thank you I should try that . So basically . I put deodorant on like Normal after Certain Dri?
I couldnít imagine Putting it on the night before and then shower and go to work without anything else on I would smell terribly ?
If you want to use deodorant in addition to Certain Dri I'd put that on in the morning after your shower. Don't worry about the Certain Dri washing off in the shower (when you apply at night). Do NOT put it on in the morning - the directions say this and I've found that works best.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:56 AM

191 posts, read 54,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Try "Certain Dri":
https://www.certaindri.com/content/3...8aAlNREALw_wcB

It has worked miraculously for me - it stops you from perspiring, it is not just a deodorant. It is best to apply it at night when you are completely dry, just before bed. If you try to apply it while you are actually perspiring you may get a burning sensation - so just before work may be a bad idea if there's something stressful about it.

Try spraying white vinegar on your pit stains before you toss your uniforms in the washer.

I want to try this!

Do you usually clean your underarms in any way before you apply it at night? The idea of applying something to dirty skin again and again for however long it lasts seems kind of gross, but I'm not sure if that would just cause a lot of irritation.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:30 PM

1,149 posts, read 590,140 times
have you tried wearing an undershirt? like a black one? or is it too hot to wear one

Old 05-17-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
have you tried wearing an undershirt? like a black one? or is it too hot to wear one

Yes I do , I have a few under armor and Nike and also cheap branded compression shirts in black and the wetness goes through that and have the wet spots in the grey uniform . Itís the way the sleeves and he seam is cut thenuniform sits right up inside my armpits when sitting

Old 05-17-2018, 06:19 PM

15,203 posts, read 3,103,694 times
Well, this is an option....

there are actually pads that absorb perspiration and prevents staining of clothing in the armpit....they are worn by actors on stage or in movies.

They fit your armpit area, not sure how they attach....most of us would not want to be bothered but still, if you are desperate....

try internet search

Old 05-17-2018, 06:29 PM

15,203 posts, read 3,103,694 times
Oh...I found armpit pads for men on Amazon site!

Old 05-17-2018, 07:32 PM

2,519 posts, read 889,539 times
Occasionally, depending what I'm wearing and doing and where I have to go, I've tried a trick I read in a women's magazine to use pantyliners and just stick them over the armpit area of the shirt. I didn't even know they made sweat pads, but it makes sense and I'm sure they go on the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness