U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 07:15 PM

4,789 posts, read 5,934,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
I mean a lifestyle of sports and exercise that some have referred to as excessive. Yeah, I'd take the same route.
Do you know what exactly caused your shoulder issue? The same condition may have occurred if you never exercised. It may have even developed earlier. It is possible the exercise was protective. It is really impossible for anyone to know for sure unless you can pinpoint the initial injury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 06:17 AM

1,865 posts, read 688,276 times
Under "Impression" the radiologist shoulda just wrote "OOOH! I bet dat hurts!"

Good luck with it, Calvert.

Old 12-06-2018, 06:28 AM

13,770 posts, read 7,403,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
I mean a lifestyle of sports and exercise that some have referred to as excessive. Yeah, I'd take the same route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Totally agree....

Parts may wear out but that is no reason to live your life like John Travolta in the Boy in the Plastic Bubble.

Only have one life would much rather live it being active and exercising every day than sitting on the couch hoping something doesn't happen to me...
Right...and perhaps there is something in between a marathon every month and being bubble-wrapped on a couch? At some REASONABLE point you get 80% of all the benefit of physical activity withOUT tearing your body down - that's what I'm aiming for - not advanced arthritis and multiple tears.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:48 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,444,442 times
Geez! Lost this thread and just found it again. Thank you jaminhealth for your input. I was a big believer in the blood injections AND prolotherapy and was REALLY bummed that neither worked this time. And they cost $200 each time so I really can't afford to keep trying something with no guarantee of success.

I am doing acupuncture and rolfing and just very discouraged that I see no improvement. In 2 weeks it will be 6 months since the tendinosis or injury began.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:53 PM

19,743 posts, read 6,536,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
Geez! Lost this thread and just found it again. Thank you jaminhealth for your input. I was a big believer in the blood injections AND prolotherapy and was REALLY bummed that neither worked this time. And they cost $200 each time so I really can't afford to keep trying something with no guarantee of success.

I am doing acupuncture and rolfing and just very discouraged that I see no improvement. In 2 weeks it will be 6 months since the tendinosis or injury began.
There is no guarantee to anything we try, hip replacements for sure, been there and live with the complications. I will be trying prolo again next year with the D.O. who was helping me and along with his bodywork I was off ibuprofen for some months. The D.O. says he adds hylagen solution to the dextrose so I'm looking forward to connecting with him again next year and talking heart to heart too.

Nothing is 100%, but if I can get some relief, 20-30% or so that is good.

I've done acupunture and rolfing years ago -- the body just breaks down, wear and tear. But we have to keep trying to manage. I do for sure.

Old Yesterday, 06:15 AM

I will ask my Dr about Hylagen, thanks.

Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM

15,549 posts, read 15,497,891 times
If there was an automated machine that could diagnose and list every medical problem as a Human walks though it..........most people would have page after page of scary stuff listed. Just try to live a healthy life and ignore it if it is not giving you trouble.

Old Today, 05:22 AM

Here's what my Dr said about Hylagen... I never tried HYALGAN® with prolotherapy. Not sure it would help. HYALGAN® (hyaluronic acid) is a visco-lubricant in that it lubricated a joint such as the knee. If it is an arthritis problem, it may help. Platelet Rich Plasma and Dehydrated Amniotic Membrane are more effective for muscle and tendon problems such as yours. I have used HYALGAN® in the past for knee arthritis, but never with prolotherapy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness