U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 08:34 AM

4,767 posts, read 3,116,116 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I wouldn't change a thing.

HISTORY: Pain in left shoulder. Patient states left shoulder pain, decreased range of motion, and weakness, worsening for 1 year. No known injury or prior surgery to site.

TECHNIQUE: A 1.5 Tesla system was utilized.

Multiplanar MRI of the left shoulder was performed including T1-weighted and T2-weighted sequences without contrast.

COMPARISON: No relevant studies available.

FINDINGS: There is a partial-thickness undersurface tear of the distal supraspinatus tendon at and near the insertion. Some of the undersurface tendon fibers are retracted by up to 2.2 cm. The tear focally involves greater than 50% of the tendon thickness and there is tendinosis of the remaining supraspinatus tendon fibers.

There is tendinosis, partial thickness undersurface and interstitial tearing of the distal infraspinatus at the insertion as well as a linear interstitial tear of the infraspinatus extending towards the myotendinous junction. There is tendinosis and partial tearing of the distal subscapularis tendon, the tendon is thinned.

Long head of the biceps tendon is torn and retracted. The retracted tendon is not clearly visualized and may be located approximately 10 cm below the level of the superior articular surface of the humeral head. Prominent fluid is seen within the biceps tendon sheath.

There is a prominent complex shoulder joint effusion with diffuse synovial thickening and debris.

Advanced arthritic change of the glenohumeral joint is noted with extensive full-thickness articular cartilage loss, prominent marginal osteophytes. There is degenerative cystic change within the greater tuberosity at the insertion of the rotator cuff

There is overgrowth and degenerative change of the A/C joint.

There is degeneration and probable degenerative type tear of the entire labrum.

IMPRESSION: Tendinosis, thinning and partial tearing of the rotator cuff tendons as described in detail above

Tear of the long head of the biceps tendon with tendon retraction.

Advanced arthritic change of the glenohumeral joint. Prominent effusion with synovial thickening. Loculated appearing fluid in the biceps tendon sheath

Degenerative change and overgrowth of the A/C joint. Degenerative change in the greater tuberosity

Diffuse degeneration and degenerative type tear of the labrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 09:27 AM

19,222 posts, read 3,989,346 times
What do you mean...?

Old 05-24-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
What do you mean...?

I mean a lifestyle of sports and exercise that some have referred to as excessive. Yeah, I'd take the same route.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:24 AM

19,222 posts, read 3,989,346 times
Got it....

I got a partial tear of my rotator cuff a few yrs. back. All I did was to lift a heavy book in an awkward position. I felt it tear.

Shoulder tissues are very fragile.

No reason though not to enjoy your sports through the years.

Old 05-24-2018, 03:18 PM

4,691 posts, read 10,603,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
I mean a lifestyle of sports and exercise that some have referred to as excessive. Yeah, I'd take the same route.
Totally agree....

Parts may wear out but that is no reason to live your life like John Travolta in the Boy in the Plastic Bubble.

Only have one life would much rather live it being active and exercising every day than sitting on the couch hoping something doesn't happen to me...

Old 05-31-2018, 12:59 PM

Ortho appt. today: Too much going on with the shoulder for arthroscopic surgery. Go conservative at first. Cortisone shot today. Otherwise, shoulder replacement.

Wonder how long it takes for the anti-inflammatory effects of shot to begin.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:29 PM

4,691 posts, read 10,603,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Ortho appt. today: Too much going on with the shoulder for arthroscopic surgery. Go conservative at first. Cortisone shot today. Otherwise, shoulder replacement.

Wonder how long it takes for the anti-inflammatory effects of shot to begin.
Usually between 2-7 days

Old 05-31-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Usually between 2-7 days

Thank you. That relieves some of the anticipation.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:38 AM

1,834 posts, read 5,445,427 times
I have tendinosis in right shoulder - supraspinatus. Going on 6 months now. Cannot believe how much it hurts and I never know what will aggravate it, it's inconsistent, but I cannot stop using the arm. I got a blood injection (my blood), then prolotherapy, had a rolfing session (fascia moved/released), and am trying acupuncture. But nothing is working. I don't know what to do.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:45 PM

19,770 posts, read 6,546,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
I have tendinosis in right shoulder - supraspinatus. Going on 6 months now. Cannot believe how much it hurts and I never know what will aggravate it, it's inconsistent, but I cannot stop using the arm. I got a blood injection (my blood), then prolotherapy, had a rolfing session (fascia moved/released), and am trying acupuncture. But nothing is working. I don't know what to do.
I did a very active life of dancing and exercise (gyms and pullys) and shoulders really got messed up. After intensive PT on right should which helped a lot, kept it from freezing I found a sports med MD who does Prolotherapy and this was about 10 yrs ago and one session of 8 "jabs" in the shoulder kept me pain free for 3 yrs. Prolo works and I've talked a lot about it here, some poo poo it, but that's their issue.

I'm about to go back to a D.O. who does this and body work and do more of these injections in knee for the most part and some of his cranial work.

I'm 80 and one major joint surgery was enough in my life, perhaps too much...So no more if I can help it.

https://www.getprolo.com/

There are many paths to help the healing.

Oh I see you did do Prolo, well talking to the D.O. the other day, he adds Hylagen to his solution..I think different providers do different solutions. And one session of anything isn't always going to do it.

Just like the HA injection series, I've had those two different times over the years and they are in a series of 3 sessions, and they did not help me....

OP says "wouldn't change a thing" neither would I as much as my joints are broken down today. I enjoyed my high energy life. But I manage to keep the joints going ...

Last edited by jaminhealth; 12-05-2018 at 01:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness