U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 07:19 PM

2,964 posts, read 970,099 times

Advertisements

Oh okay, not sure if those sounds will help but I can try. I live with people now, so not sure if they will have a problem, hearing those sounds or not.

Sometimes I will sleep like a baby after having trouble sleeping for a few days. Like I could have trouble sleeping for 3 days for example, and not get much, then on that fourth day, I will sleep like a baby, but I don't fall asleep, and still have to make an effort and lay their for some time, but then after that, I sleep good. Could it be that maybe my body was just not meant to sleep everyday, and I am overdoing or trying to force it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 07:27 PM

18,807 posts, read 6,149,026 times
I have my sleep remedies in Alt Med under That Elusive Sleep...I have 3 great natural products that I use thru the night when I can't get back to sleep. My sleep issues have gotten worse with age and arthritis pain and just not being real tired at the end of the day...being retired I rest a lot during the day. I will NOT get up and try to do stuff....I would rather meditate and hopefully will get back to sleep. And I do but I have 3 great helpers I use.

I don't know how old you all are, but I never had issues all my working life.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:31 PM

i'm 33. I think the issues might be psychological as I hate my job and hate waking up to go to it, which causes me some anxiety so that could be it. I didn't have trouble sleeping when I was in between jobs and out of work for a while. When I was going to school in between, I slept much better or so I remember.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:39 PM

Sounds like you need to make some changes. I didn't love all my jobs. But gotta change your head around too. I worked many years before this tech explosion and jobs were so much easier to come by, for me anyway. I could sometimes quit a job and be working a new one in less than a week or so. I know it's not like that today...tech does it all.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 05-29-2018 at 08:01 PM..

Old 05-29-2018, 08:27 PM

5,826 posts, read 3,302,475 times
I recently discovered Camomile capsules. I take one and about half an hour later I get sleepy and can fall asleep. I'm very happy this is working, because I have had problems sleeping for years and years.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:31 PM

27,492 posts, read 17,642,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
i'm 33. I think the issues might be psychological as I hate my job and hate waking up to go to it, which causes me some anxiety so that could be it. I didn't have trouble sleeping when I was in between jobs and out of work for a while. When I was going to school in between, I slept much better or so I remember.
Everyone is different (I'm a bad sleeper without meds). It is generally a good idea to remain in bed, do meditation type things (so you are not angsting over stuff), deep breathing and other things conducive to sleep. But if you can tell it ain't going to happen you might as well get up.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 05-29-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Everyone is different (I'm a bad sleeper without meds). It is generally a good idea to remain in bed, do meditation type things (so you are not angsting over stuff), deep breathing and other things conducive to sleep. But if you can tell it ain't going to happen you might as well get up.
I've been tempted a few times to get up and log on,,,but thank goodness I talk myself out of doing that...don't want to get into that habit. I eventually get back to sleep, pop another inositol.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:14 PM

4,581 posts, read 6,109,490 times
Read a book. Take some melatonin. Don't get up and clean. It'll be 3am before you know it and you'll be useless all day. Been there; done that.

My job drives me absolutely bananas on most days and I find it hard to get to sleep many nights. I'm wide awake now and it was an easy day. You've just got to be ready to go to bed. Maybe take some good, deep breaths and bring your heart rate down a little. Meditate. Just get your mind off of the day behind you and the day ahead. For me, that's the hard part, knowing I've got to deal with dumb stuff tomorrow.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:23 PM

Okay thanks. I've tried taking melatonin from the health store to sleep before, but and it knocks me out good, but the problem with that though, is that I feel so much more tired the next day, even though I slept. More tired compared to if I stayed up all night.

I was thinking of maybe going back on it to get sleep, but what's worse...

Not being able to sleep and be tired the next day, or getting a good night sleep on medication but then feeling even more tired, but still a good night sleep?

Old 05-29-2018, 11:30 PM

5,826 posts, read 3,302,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Okay thanks. I've tried taking melatonin from the health store to sleep before, but and it knocks me out good, but the problem with that though, is that I feel so much more tired the next day, even though I slept. More tired compared to if I stayed up all night.

I was thinking of maybe going back on it to get sleep, but what's worse...

Not being able to sleep and be tired the next day, or getting a good night sleep on medication but then feeling even more tired, but still a good night sleep?

Yeah, melatonin makes me drag the next day too. Sometimes I open the camomile capsule, pour half out, put it back together, and just take that. Works fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or