U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 04:45 PM

3,888 posts, read 1,238,265 times

Advertisements

Oh okay thanks, I don't text late at night at all, and have my phone turned off, and on the charger before bed, so that is not a problem.

I think it's mainly the agitation from the job, cause on weekends I sleep a lot better, compared to work days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2018, 07:56 PM

2,367 posts, read 1,197,598 times
Yup, sounds like it.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:56 PM

But the insomnia is really getting to me. On the way to work, I almost got into a car accident twice now, and I feel I would have been more alert if could sleep.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:02 AM

That's a bit scary, ironpony. If it happens any more, maybe a trip to the doc to see what he thinks. There might be a sleep clinic near you that he could refer you to. The technology has come a long way in the last few years and they might find something that is actually physical that you didn't know about.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:58 PM
'M'

1,786 posts, read 2,552,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyToRelax View Post
The rule is,never lay in bed for more than 1/2 an hour.Get up and read something boring.I myself used to have a problem sleeping after I retired,I was working an average of 75 hours a week almost year round,not to mention working out for an hour and a half 6 days a week.When I laid down I was asleep in 30 seconds from sheer exhaustion.
Because I am not nearly as active anymore I had a hard time adjusting to being retired.Know what puts me to sleep every night now? I listen to Andrea Bocelli and Ed Sheeran sing perfect,puts me to sleep every time!!!!! I don't even hear the last couple minutes of the song!!
Ready To Relax .... I think you hit the nail on the head. Ed Sheeran and Andrea Bocelli's duet is fantastic. Have listened to it over and over. They are both so talented and put their whole heart and soul into this song. I watched this on YOUTUBE ... the song is called 'Perfect'. I'll hafta try listening to their duet some time to see if it makes me sleep. The only problem is that classical type music activates my brain ... and Andrea Bocelli's voice does that, too. It makes me stand up at attention...LOL! The way Ed Sheeran wrote this song is very classical, it's a waltz.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:10 PM

29,162 posts, read 12,378,495 times
I not only have trouble falling asleep, I wake up if I hear any noise at all and can't fall back asleep. My doctor told me to get up after 30 minutes if I can't sleep, I'm not sure how that is supposed to help though. I went to bed at 11pm last night, the last time I looked at the clock it was 12:30 AM, so I guess I fell asleep shortly after that. I heard a noise at 3:00 AM and laid in bed wide awake for 30 minutes. I got up and I'm still up and it's 9:00 PM I'm not tired but I've feel like I have a hangover.

Sometimes I can fall asleep by doing square roots in my head maybe I will try that tonight /sigh

Old 07-02-2018, 11:53 PM

Okay thanks. Well I tried some of the sleeping remedies suggested to me on here, and my problem is, is that the reason why I am having trouble sleeping is cause I can't stand my job and career, to the point where it's keeping me up out of pure frustration and anger, and that frustration is so powerful that it overpowers any sleep remedy I've tried so far it seems.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:39 AM

That all makes sense. You just can't get those worries out of your head. Nothing will change until you change that situation in your life, I expect. I certainly hope you manage to find something soon so you can get back to normal life! Good luck!

Old 07-05-2018, 10:04 PM

1,714 posts, read 2,129,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Basically a lot of nights I can't sleep, and I wonder, is it even worth laying there trying, or should I just give up after an hour or two and just do something with my time, like clean, watch movies, or whatever. Is it worth keep on trying only to be really frustrated you wasted a whole night trying to sleep when you couldn't?

Sometimes before bed I will be texting my friend, and she will not text back so I figured she went to sleep. She will then text me the next day, and say 'sorry, I fell asleep last night when we were chatting'.

And I wish I could do that. How does a person just fall asleep uncontrollably like that? That almost never happens to me but maybe once every few years, and other than that, I have to actually try to make an effort to fall into a sleep. But how does a person just fall asleep like that, outside of their intentions?

Or is it not even with trying to sleep and I should just get up and go do other things, and not let it bother me?

The more you try the harder it will be because you get angry and frustrated. Once in a while I have worked much too late on something frustrating and desperately need what little sleep time I have only to not be able to relax and fall asleep. I go read the paper and then try again, usually works. Set a limit, maybe 15 minutes and then go do something not too active and try again.

Don

Old 07-06-2018, 05:30 AM

62 posts, read 23,609 times
If I were in your situation, will try to sleep I know its frustrating but you have to keep doing this to give the message to your brain for sleep. I do a simple thing to get a good sleep When I face such type of problem. Just press the tip of the 3rd finger of your hand besides the small finger. Keep pressing for 30 to 40 times for both hands. It will surely give you good results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or