Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 09:11 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,800,981 times

Advertisements

I've been dealing with this my whole life and I've tried everything. I changed my diet to more fiber,eat oatmeal everyday, fiber additives,drink 1 gal + water daily and even tried some of the prescription meds which only gave me horrible side effects. On the advise of a friend I tried doing a series of colonics and even that didn't do much. One of my colonics techs told me about these supplement pills called Intestinal Movement,yes they sound like just another miracle pill but these really worked!

They're made to get your intestines moving again and you only take them as needed up to 15 pills a day. The first day I took 8 and the very next morning I had a bm,actually 3 which is a miracle for me. I figured it was a fluke but every day since I was going 2-3 times a day and I reduced my amount down to 4 pills after the third day and still the same results. After 2 weeks I stopped taking them but I still had bm's,damn these things really work. That was 7 months ago and since then I've only had to take them one time for about 10 days and everything was good again. You can get them on Amazon and many other online stores and theres many positive reviews from long time sufferers,best $28.00 I've ever spent!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001U1UKOO...lig_dp_it&th=1

https://www.iherb.com/pr/HealthForce...gan-Caps/19191
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 09:24 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,764,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1957 View Post
I totally believe you but am puzzled as to how the correcting effect of the beans has lasted so long! You haven't eaten them since?
No I haven't. I've eaten regular beans but I've been a little afraid to try this again for fear of tipping the balance too far. I am also puzzled...it means there is some mode of action not yet known to science perhaps? I would have assumed that I'd have to keep doing this to keep the same effect. During the first week, the clean out week lol, I just assumed that I'd clean out and then go back to what was normal for me but it's been about 4 months now. I didn't post this thread till now, and only when I realized that the effects weren't going to go away any time soon.

Also, thanks to jacqueg for pointing out the difference between sprouting and fermentation...according to that, my beans were fermented, and yet I thought that for fermentation you would not change the water so maybe it was neither.

And now I am going to go TMI again and tell you what some of you really want to know lol: not only am I having at least one BM a day but now it's a joy rather than something to dread. The consistency is much softer and more comfortable than before. Before, they swung wildly between pooping raisins and other times it was a submarine with spikes. If I drank more water, it seemed the water would bypass my bowels and go straight to urine. Now I can tell a difference when I drink more water. Sorry about the unwelcome "visuals."

Oh and AJ, if you study this and it becomes the next big breakthrough in science I do not want to get famous for it. You can stick your own last name on it lol.

Last edited by stepka; 06-02-2018 at 09:39 AM..

Old 06-02-2018, 10:00 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,873,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
No I haven't. I've eaten regular beans but I've been a little afraid to try this again for fear of tipping the balance too far. I am also puzzled...it means there is some mode of action not yet known to science perhaps? I would have assumed that I'd have to keep doing this to keep the same effect. During the first week, the clean out week lol, I just assumed that I'd clean out and then go back to what was normal for me but it's been about 4 months now. I didn't post this thread till now, and only when I realized that the effects weren't going to go away any time soon.

Also, thanks to jacqueg for pointing out the difference between sprouting and fermentation...according to that, my beans were fermented, and yet I thought that for fermentation you would not change the water so maybe it was neither.

And now I am going to go TMI again and tell you what some of you really want to know lol: not only am I having at least one BM a day but now it's a joy rather than something to dread. The consistency is much softer and more comfortable than before. Before, they swung wildly between pooping raisins and other times it was a submarine with spikes. If I drank more water, it seemed the water would bypass my bowels and go straight to urine. Now I can tell a difference when I drink more water. Sorry about the unwelcome "visuals."

Oh and AJ, if you study this and it becomes the next big breakthrough in science I do not want to get famous for it. You can stick your own last name on it lol.
LMAO I've been retired awhile.

This is way interesting. Somehow your motility corrected; my training and knowledge of 27 years in a medical field (not bean research though ) says this doesn't make sense that you ingested beans and your bowel ceased to be irritable (irritable is actually a neuro term). Something else may've been in play.

Could there be something else you started to do differently around that same time?

Old 06-02-2018, 10:03 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,764,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1957 View Post
LMAO I've been retired awhile.

This is way interesting. Somehow your motility corrected; my training and knowledge of 27 years in a medical field (not bean research though ) says this doesn't make sense that you ingested beans and your bowel ceased to be irritable (irritable is actually a neuro term). Something else may've been in play.

Could there be something else you started to do differently around that same time?
There is not one thing that I can think of and the beans had such an immediate effect that I'm 98% sure that that is what it was.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:12 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,873,019 times
Quote:
There is not one thing that I can think of and the beans had such an immediate effect that I'm 98% sure that that is what it was.
What does your MD think? This is really unbelievable but I believe you that it happened, and I am very curious as to how.

The lasting effect really is imcomprehensible!

Now an irritable bowel does vary in presentation; it can go quiescent for sometimes years then begin to again malfunction but in this case the quiescence was immediate and has been sustained X4mos.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:47 AM

48,441 posts, read 34,679,633 times
Well whatever the case, I am trying it. I've been taking miralax AND fiber drink and I can't get a "daily" result.

The beans are the last step before I see my gastroenterologist.

I have small red beans, which seems like the closest thing to try.

I can go back and re-read, or can you do a step-by-step bullet list of the "preparation" method? I wanna make sure I get it as close to yours as possible.

You were all worried about TMI and we all want MORE details.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-02-2018, 11:05 AM

14,899 posts, read 12,070,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I think what some people are getting at is that you establish a "culture" in your gut and it stays there. This is well known - beneficial bacteria.

It was only a few years ago that I heard 50% of your neurons (that's right - the "thinking" part of you) are in your digestive system. That's why all of this stuff is so important.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...stems-excerpt/

Thoreau:

"I am inclined to think of late that as much depends on the state of the bowels as of the stars. As are your bowels, so are the stars."

"If anything ail a man, so that he does not perform his functions, if he have a pain in his bowels even—for that is the seat of sympathy—he forthwith sets about reforming—the world."
Reminds me of an old joke I heard one time about the brain, heart and bowels (only they said it was the exit portion of the bowels, LOL) arguing about which of these were the most important....

Old 06-02-2018, 11:18 AM

2,520 posts, read 2,759,308 times
This is fascinating! TMI is Ok in this circumstance - euphemisms can only go so far.

After trying everything imaginable for my IBS-C, I had a brainstorm one day that if the vets prescribe plain canned pumpkin for dogs with both extremes of bowel issues, why not for humans? So I started eating the "large dog" dose of canned plain pumpkin every day (3 heaping teaspoons) and it has been a miracle worker. I've had IBS-C forever and the pumpkin is the only thing that has consistently worked. However, I have to eat it every day which could present a problem if traveling, for example.

So . . . I'm going to give this bean thing a try. I would be thrilled out of my mind if there was a permanent re-set of my gut! I have some black beans in the cupboard so off to soak they go. I'm not familiar with bush beans - maybe they're similar to pinto beans? Have to do some research on that.

Many thanks to the OP for starting this thread and being so forthcoming with ALL the details.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:18 PM

3,205 posts, read 1,590,865 times
Quote:
... so I decided to cook them. The soup was delicious...
You have to post the full recipe now

Old 06-02-2018, 03:18 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,627,097 times
OP: That's a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Glad "everything came out okay."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness