Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 04:03 PM

15,932 posts, read 12,179,960 times

Advertisements

I heard this on Belling show right near the end. He was talking to a physician who's seen over 100 covid patients. This physican had this to say:

The big issue with covid is that is affects the body's ability to carry oxygen. When oxygen levels get too low, damage occurs to every organ. When patients have covid and do not check their oxygen saturation, a time-bomb is ticking. After prolonged levels of low oxygen, you begin to get multi-system organ failure.

If a person arrives to the hospital with a blood oxygen level dropping below 90%, their chances of survival is favorable. If they arrive to the hospital with an oxygen saturation level in the 70's, they most likely will not survive. The higher your blood oxygen levels are, the better off you are.

The patients who get admitted to the hospital with low oxygen levels are in the hospital for about a month. Covid is not the issue at that point but the hypoxia is. He says "I advise all patients who are diagnosed with covid to check their blood oxygen levels and call the hospital if their oxygen levels fall. I'm not sure why the media does not stress this more than pricey medications."

The key is, don't let your oxygen levels drop, and if they start too, get into the hospital immediately. You can get pulse oximeters for inexpensive on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pulse+oximeter

This was information I personally found useful so I posted it. It's not information I really heard before, I mean I knew people were in ventilators with low oxygen, but this is specific instructions this physician was giving.

Last edited by sholomar; 10-15-2021 at 04:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2021, 04:44 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,073,107 times
I already purchased a pulse oximeter and find this information helpful. It is more detailed information and explains things more clearly and what to watch out for.

Thanks for posting.

Old 10-15-2021, 06:06 PM

3,095 posts, read 2,028,334 times
It was stressed well over a year ago but I haven't heard much about it since. I bought an oximeter and a spirometer at that time.

Your post serves as a reminder for me to check the battery in the oximeter.

Old 10-16-2021, 07:37 AM

23,789 posts, read 33,234,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
It was stressed well over a year ago but I haven't heard much about it since. I bought an oximeter and a spirometer at that time.

Your post serves as a reminder for me to check the battery in the oximeter.

You're right, we were posting about it early in COVID. It was then mentioned a lot. I guess people stopped mentioning it.

The news should be blasting it all over along with all of their death reports but they do not... You have to wonder why not.

Old 10-16-2021, 03:06 PM

5,609 posts, read 4,152,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You're right, we were posting about it early in COVID. It was then mentioned a lot. I guess people stopped mentioning it.

The news should be blasting it all over along with all of their death reports but they do not... You have to wonder why not.

There is no shortage of major network stories about pulse oximeters. A couple reasons they may not have done more to recommend them is that there was a shortage early in the pandemic, and TBH most people don't need them but health care facilities and people with certain respiratory conditions do. Plus there are reliability/accuracy/precision issues.

I don't know about others but one place I don't look to for my health care is the media.

Old 10-16-2021, 03:17 PM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
There is no shortage of major network stories about pulse oximeters. A couple reasons they may not have done more to recommend them is that there was a shortage early in the pandemic, and TBH most people don't need them but health care facilities and people with certain respiratory conditions do. Plus there are reliability/accuracy/precision issues.

I don't know about others but one place I don't look to for my health care is the media.
I knew to order one and did so.

It makes me sad that so many people are so incredibly stupid that they don't know to MEASURE THEIR OXYGEN LEVELS IF THEY HAVE COVID OR PNEUMONIA OR (VARIOUS OTHER ILLNESSES).

Old 10-16-2021, 07:31 PM

3,279 posts, read 2,244,566 times
I just use the one built into my cell phone. It has a health sensor under the camera flash. I check my heart rate and blood oxygen level every so often.

Old 10-16-2021, 08:21 PM

3,176 posts, read 1,657,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I heard this on Belling show right near the end. He was talking to a physician who's seen over 100 covid patients. This physican had this to say:

The big issue with covid is that is affects the body's ability to carry oxygen. When oxygen levels get too low, damage occurs to every organ. When patients have covid and do not check their oxygen saturation, a time-bomb is ticking. After prolonged levels of low oxygen, you begin to get multi-system organ failure.

If a person arrives to the hospital with a blood oxygen level dropping below 90%, their chances of survival is favorable. If they arrive to the hospital with an oxygen saturation level in the 70's, they most likely will not survive. The higher your blood oxygen levels are, the better off you are.

(Snip for brevity)

Hey ! Whaddya know ? An actual, useful post about Covid. Thank you @ sholomar !

Edit to add; City-data says I must spread some reputation around before repping sholomar again

Last edited by Driver 47; 10-16-2021 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: Very informative post !

Old 10-16-2021, 08:57 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,074,589 times
Three issues I have read

1. pneumonia and red blood cells are damaged
2. micro-clots around the lungs(Jarrow sells nattomax, fish oil and vitamin e will thin the blood some, limit caffeine and sugar)

Prevention
So you never get to that stage, daily prevention attacks the virus Day 1 instead of Day 3 when you get symptoms..
I think the best daily prevention is oral/nasal hygiene which cut viral load where the infection starts. Takes a few days before it gets into the lungs.

-Dentist and the American Dental Association recommend patients rinse with Hydrogen peroxide since 2020.
3% Hydrogen peroxide is available in every drugstore, Dentist use 1% if you want to dilute it and double your quantity. Right on the bottle - "For rinse or gargle" .
Could use qtips for the nose.
OR
-FLCCC recommends ACT, Scope, 1% povidone iodine, or Listerine with essential oils.

Dr. McCullough discusses at 50:10 in this video
https://vimeo.com/591952240

Nutrients
Vitamin D(4000iu)/k2(sold together) , zinc sulfate(sold as liquid), EGCG extract + Life extension curcumin

Nice rollup page for prevention
https://www.georgekramermd.com/buildyourimmunity

Last edited by Rom623; 10-16-2021 at 09:32 PM..

Old 10-18-2021, 05:52 AM

23,789 posts, read 33,234,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post

I remember the shortage.

I haven't seen them mentioned in any of the COVID articles I've seen, I hadn't actually looked for an article until a little while ago.

My daughter was exposed to COVID this weekend by one of her friends who had tested Wednesday because they lost their taste. They're vaccinated, so didn't think they actually had COVID until he was visiting with my daughter, he got the notification his test was ready, it's positive. She didn't ask him what vaccine he has. I'm curious as heck.

Spoke to my daughter an hour ago, she's lost her sense of taste but I personally think it's because she's sick, has been sick a few days.

I decided I was going to grab one from Walmart but I don't want to spend $40. Read the reviews, none of them were accurate so I went to Amazon. Of course, they have tons of them. I started reading reviews, just about all of them are not accurate, piece of Chinese garbage. I turned to google to find a reliable meter, and hopefully the one they recommended by Innovo is good. There were reviews by people who work in the medical profession saying it was as accurate as the ones they use at the hospital or doctors office. Cost me $30. Thankfully I have prime for 2 more days, so it is supposed to be between 10 and 2 today. Then I can drop it off to her.

I'm going to be breaking down to get the J&J vaccine today so that if she does get COVID, hopefully the vaccine will help me from not getting it as bad. I just hope I'm not allergic to it. I have to stop to get Benadryl before I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
I just use the one built into my cell phone. It has a health sensor under the camera flash. I check my heart rate and blood oxygen level every so often.

I use my cell too. Whoever posted about Samsung cell phones having it in their health app was one of the best tips I've ever gotten. I use it when I feel like I need to now. I used to regularly check it until a few months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness