U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: After reading the OP in full, what is your take on the current state of pain medication prescription
Pain relief medications are "too severely restricted" for legitimate patients? 120 71.86%
Pain relief medications restrictions are “where they should be” for legitimate pain patients? 20 11.98%
Pain relief medications restrictions are “not restricted enough” for legitimate pain patients? 27 16.17%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 06:20 PM

23,785 posts, read 8,278,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Just like anything else, some brands may be more effective than others. Read what reviews you can find on each product. Finding the best ones may just boil down to trial, and error as well as referrals.
The companies I've bought from don't offer any reviews. And some products don't even mention mg on the bottle so one does not know what's in it. My friend got a bottle of Charlotte's Web as it helped her friend and all the bottle said was Charlotte's Web..didn't do a thing for my friend..and cost her over $40 plus shipping.

The product I'm trying right now says 500mg and I looked at their 3000mg strength and it would cost me $84 and I'm not going to do that.

I was hoping to get off some of the ibuprofen. But so far not YET.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 06:41 PM

2,573 posts, read 960,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
The companies I've bought from don't offer any reviews. And some products don't even mention mg on the bottle so one does not know what's in it. My friend got a bottle of Charlotte's Web as it helped her friend and all the bottle said was Charlotte's Web..didn't do a thing for my friend..and cost her over $40 plus shipping.

The product I'm trying right now says 500mg and I looked at their 3000mg strength and it would cost me $84 and I'm not going to do that.

I was hoping to get off some of the ibuprofen. But so far not YET.
Here are a bunch of review on Charlotte's Web. Hope this helps.

https://www.google.com/search?q=char...nt=firefox-b-1

Just write the products name cbd oil reviews, and you are on your way.

I've shopped with Swanson vitamins for years, and trust them. I was very surprised to see they sell cbd oil. It's not cheap, and I haven't tried any of it yet. But here is a link.

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/q?kw=cbd+oil

----------------------------------------

Old 06-19-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Here are a bunch of review on Charlotte's Web. Hope this helps.

https://www.google.com/search?q=char...nt=firefox-b-1

Just write the products name cbd oil reviews, and you are on your way.

I've shopped with Swanson vitamins for years, and trust them. I was very surprised to see they sell cbd oil. It's not cheap, and I haven't tried any of it yet. But here is a link.

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/q?kw=cbd+oil

----------------------------------------
Prices at swansons are STEEP. And low mg. Thanks.

I have found good prices on ebay but none have helped me. The 100mg ointment helps somewhat but Ultra Tiger Balm helps me too.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I watched 60 Mintutes last night and it was about opioids. This epidemic was created by the drug manufacturers, distributers and the DEA which turned a blind eye - they were told to by government officials. Drug mills proliferated all over and especially in the South.
It got me thinking about when this opioid crisis started. Opioids have been around for a very long time and of course they are addictive, but up until about 20 years ago there was no addiction epidemic.
Now we are punishing people who need them because of this phony war on them by the government.
What I'd like to know is, if these have been around for so long why all of a sudden are so many people dying from them like they are now? Have they always been ODing on them to this magnitude? Something is different for this to happen. It seems to be more of a recent phenomenon.

I had them after my appendix ruptured on top of 3 antibiotics it made me too sick to my stomach. So I stopped them, and just toughed it out. Then as all my tetracycline teeth were being pulled as I could afford it I made 12 tabs last for several months only using 1/2 cap 2X a day for 3 days.

I really hated that the flyer the pharmacist gave me said they were keeping a close eye on me for abuse. It was a generic warning, but still, it creeped me out. I thought who the hell are you to tell me how to treat my pain? That's why I only used it right after my teeth got pulled for a couple days. I was damned if they were going to accuse me of being an addict even though I needed it. Especially that last time when 11 were pulled that day. I made do with only 4 tablets. It just burns me up. On top of that I've had 24/7 body wide pain, and burning in all my cells since 96 that I put up with. It's not like I took them for fun. It's like the government isn't happy unless it is meddling.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
About 10 years ago they came into vogue, what a great money making con game that turned out to be...
The new, modern drug pushers, who also lobby the government on their own behalf.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Prices at swansons are STEEP. And low mg. Thanks.

I have found good prices on ebay but none have helped me. The 100mg ointment helps somewhat but Ultra Tiger Balm helps me too.
Or just go to your friendly local weed store, and get it there.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:50 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,320,728 times
Quote:
What I'd like to know is, if these have been around for so long why all of a sudden are so many people dying from them like they are now? Have they always been ODing on them to this magnitude? Something is different for this to happen. It seems to be more of a recent phenomenon.
Part of the reason for the increase in ODs is Fentanyl, I think. People are mismeasuring doses badly.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:58 PM

19,848 posts, read 18,874,270 times
This is a very controversial and contentious topic. Some people have had personal experiences, some haven't. You need to be respectful to other people or your posts will be deleted. If you can't be civil, do not say anything.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
A lot of elderly people lose their hearing. A lot of elderly people end up with dementia.

You know this, right?

Even IF her loss of hearing and dementia could be proven to be caused by Vicodin, are you saying it would have been preferable for her to live in severe pain for 25 years?
I don't believe she was in severe pain for 25 yrs, she was used to taking it and her doctor kept writing.

I'm 80 soon and have good hearing and good mind.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-19-2018 at 10:51 PM..

Old 06-20-2018, 12:14 AM

4,965 posts, read 2,286,772 times
This judgemental BS is going to sink your ship, people.

Patients don’t need to declare a war on junkies; they need for junkies to be declared as patients. That junkie hurts just as bad as you do when he goes without. The only difference is that yours are paid for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness