U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 07:42 AM

215 posts, read 92,780 times

Advertisements

After last winter I deiced instead of using medications I might just purchase a massage chair. I have seen chairs range from 500 to 6000. Does anyone have any experience with a massage chair and would it be throwing my money away on the low end massage chair? Is there a brand anyone could recommend? I have read the reviews on all these chairs and of course even the high end chairs have some 1 stars.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I couldn't find one where this topic would fit besides health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 08:05 AM

4,530 posts, read 5,613,556 times
You are suggesting that a massage chair will enable you to stop taking medications? What medications are you on and where did you come up with this notion?

On to purchasing a massage chair. You get what you pay for so if you want one that works well and lasts I would assume its going to cost a bit of money.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:46 AM

Well I have MS for many years. I don't hurt everyday, but some days I just simply ache!! I usually dont take strong medications, the most I take is advil, once a year I may take some vicodin. However recently the past 6 months it's really been getting worse so I a massage helps ease it up a bit but I can't always depend on people to rub my legs, back or neck arms etc.. whatever is aching. Sometimes it's my whole body! I am looking into CBD oil, but just thought a massage chair would be beneficial.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:15 AM

4,530 posts, read 5,613,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbychic View Post
Well I have MS for many years. I don't hurt everyday, but some days I just simply ache!! I usually dont take strong medications, the most I take is advil, once a year I may take some vicodin. However recently the past 6 months it's really been getting worse so I a massage helps ease it up a bit but I can't always depend on people to rub my legs, back or neck arms etc.. whatever is aching. Sometimes it's my whole body! I am looking into CBD oil, but just thought a massage chair would be beneficial.
It might be. I would trying sit in them first before choosing.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:15 AM

15,868 posts, read 4,980,855 times
I would not buy the chair, but know some friends who bought the massage pads that fit on their chairs and you can find a line of them on amazon. You can be ones with all price lines.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I would not buy the chair, but know some friends who bought the massage pads that fit on their chairs and you can find a line of them on amazon. You can be ones with all price lines.
I need it for my back and legs, feet and sometimes arms even. I hurt all over. It's not a back pain issue, it's a body pain issue.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:35 PM

10,310 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbychic View Post
After last winter I deiced instead of using medications I might just purchase a massage chair. I have seen chairs range from 500 to 6000. Does anyone have any experience with a massage chair and would it be throwing my money away on the low end massage chair? Is there a brand anyone could recommend? I have read the reviews on all these chairs and of course even the high end chairs have some 1 stars.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I couldn't find one where this topic would fit besides health.
I would talk w/others w/MS - there are lots of forums.(I can't remember the name of the one my friend is in/follows) - I think you'd do better discussing it w/others w/the same issue(s) as you.

Old 06-19-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I would talk w/others w/MS - there are lots of forums.(I can't remember the name of the one my friend is in/follows) - I think you'd do better discussing it w/others w/the same issue(s) as you.

ok, well I was just asking about a chair not an MS question. I had MS for over 30 years and fully mobile. I didn't think I was restricted to MS forums.

Old 06-19-2018, 03:33 PM

15,868 posts, read 4,980,855 times
OP: Have you gone to stores and tried them out. I'm sure there are some nice ones for what you want it for. I have a lot of body pain and aches but never thought about buying this type chair, if anything I would get the massage mat and work parts of the body it would address. I got massage work for many years and now my body is just too pained for all that work. If I had a resident massage person, I would get gentle work a couple times a week.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:26 PM

My husband an d kids want one as well. It's great for when you work out too much, have the flu or just chill. But I didnt want to spend a ton of money on an ugly oversized chair. I didn't know if the lower end ones worked just as well. I have been reading the reviews for a few months and it's so difficult. I know if I went to one of the chair stores ( I have 3 in my area) I am sure they will try and tell me the 600 dollar chairs are bad. But maybe it's worth a shot just top go in and see if they have something to offer. I just figured surely someone in this forum has one at home but apparently not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness