Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2008, 02:29 PM

858 posts, read 2,992,277 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to replace my old Timberland sandals, and am looking for a good quality sandal. I prefer a sandal with open toes, velcro straps, and heel straps.

I wear them all the time in the summer, yard work, beach, etc, so they get wet quite frequently.

I hear the Birkenstock's are about the best and most comfortable sandal out there, but they I looked at Mephisto, and the only one they have that can get wet looks to be the Alligator, but it's still leather.

I've also looked at Keen Napali's, but they have some type of an adjustable lace set up, and I'm not sure how good that set up is, or how much of an arch support they have?

So all +/- comments will be greatly appreciated. Thank you,.....marc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 03:28 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,118,345 times
They get wet? If you like comfort buy a pair of Crocs.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:58 PM

790 posts, read 4,018,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc515 View Post
I'm looking to replace my old Timberland sandals, and am looking for a good quality sandal. I prefer a sandal with open toes, velcro straps, and heel straps.

I wear them all the time in the summer, yard work, beach, etc, so they get wet quite frequently.

I hear the Birkenstock's are about the best and most comfortable sandal out there, but they I looked at Mephisto, and the only one they have that can get wet looks to be the Alligator, but it's still leather.

I've also looked at Keen Napali's, but they have some type of an adjustable lace set up, and I'm not sure how good that set up is, or how much of an arch support they have?

So all +/- comments will be greatly appreciated. Thank you,.....marc
Teva's are great. You can hike in them and get 'em wet too. And they're really tough ... very good quality. Worth the $$$.
Teva Sandals, Hiking Shoes, Teva Shoes, Teva Sport Sandals, Teva Flip Flops, Outdoor Footwear

Old 03-29-2008, 06:34 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,936,358 times
I usually get the men's version of sport sandals because I have big feet LOL

The Birkenstocks are so comfortable but mine have their cork footbed which I would not recommend getting wet.

My favorite sandals for comfort and durability are Keen. Mine have gotten wet/muddy too many times to count and are still in perfect condition and very comfortable too. However, most of them do have the "closed" toes (which is helpful for a major klutz like me).

Good luck with finding new sandals you love!

Old 03-31-2008, 09:15 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,990,879 times
Keen....ABSOLUTELY the best! I have 3 pair of Keen shoes, one pair being a sandal variety. Keens are the only shoes I wear. They are comfortable from the first time you put them on. The only drawback is that the soles are made with cheap material and they wear out quickly....but I walk at least 5 mile a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness