Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2018, 10:09 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,133,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred44 View Post
This pharmacist should be fired and license revoked! Who the f does he think he is judging people and denying them prescribed medicine! This is outrageous! Where does it stop, denying black people because of beliefs, how about Asian people, or the Irish, or Italians? WTF is going on in this country. Thank you puppet obama for enabling crack-pots and trying to take away our freedom.

I agreed up until the bolded. So I fixed your post. Your welcome!

Old 06-25-2018, 10:57 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,992,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
And there was no law broken or policy violated in this instance either, yet here we are discussing the incident because the patient didn't understand that the pharmacist was within his rights and she decided to take it to FB and cry foul. Just like the woman in the other article who got upset and cried foul when the pharmacist DID take it to the prescribing doctor. Call the doctor, don't call the doctor, either way the spit still hits the fan when you tell a patient 'no'.
If people are going to take to public media and make these kinds of accusations and complaints I would hope they would get their facts straight first, but obviously they don't.
I think the facts are pretty straight up.

If you are a woman, there is pharmacist at so and so Walgreens who may refuse to fill your prescription at his discretion, so, if you do not want to be inconvenienced, choose another pharmacy. And, take this incident as a reminder, before you trust any pharmacy with a prescription, ask ahead of time if there is a pharmacist there who might refuse to fill it for personal reasons.

Why should Walgreens, or any other pharmacy, have a problem with women having that information?

It is the truth.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:19 PM

615 posts, read 1,371,642 times
Default What does that have to do with Arizona, just because one pharmacist in Arizona refused to fill a prescription?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
A woman in Arizona needed to fill a prescription for a miscarriage and the pharmacist refuses to fill it because of his religious beliefs. The woman had already seen her doctor and her fetus had no heartbeat.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/walg...183652430.html

Arizona, time to wake up and join the 21st century.
What does that have to do with Arizona, just because one pharmacist in Arizona refused to fill a prescription?

Old 06-26-2018, 12:55 AM

6,983 posts, read 4,839,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancaisDeutsch View Post
That's a Jewish store serving Jewish people. I wouldn't expect pork there.

A public pharmacy is not a religious entity - it is a paid-for service to the public. You cannot impose your religious beliefs on other people in the public square.

It's like Kim Davis: Her job required her to issue gay marriage licenses. She chose not to do so. So that means that Kimmy should have had to find herself another job. Kim was never forced to do anything against her moral conscience because she could have quit the job. That's how it is.

If you don't like selling assault rifles, then don't work in a gun shop. That's the way it is. There are no other solutions.
I can't count how many Muslims run gas stations and convenience stores. If they didn't want to sell liquor and tobacco because of their religion, a lot of Americans would be in a world of hurt. The point is, they do it and don't worry about it because they're not the ones drinking and smoking. That clerk in Kentucky and this pharmacist could learn something about our Muslim cashiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I did not read she stayed for an hour crying. If she did then that’s on her. Why would anyone stand in a pharmacy, with their 7 year old child, and cry for an hour? That’s just crazy.
Maybe she stayed because she was so upset she couldn't drive. You should have seen the mess I was when I had to bring my dog to the vet to put him to sleep, and this is a pregnant woman whose hormones are raging and who happens to be carrying a dead fetus when she wanted a live baby. And the pharmacist has all but painted a sign in front of her, her son, and the other customers in line by acting incredibly callous about the situation. Me, I get furious about things like this, but maybe her reaction was to cry. I say good for her, because if I had been there, that pharmacist would have been begging for mercy and I'd be on my way to jail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
It has nothing to do with what century we're in.

He's a pharmacist employed by a store, and his job is to fill prescriptions ordered by physicians or other health care professionals. If he didn't want to do that, he should never have become a pharmacist.
I agree, but I also thought in this day and age we were beyond anyone denying medication to someone just because of his religious beliefs. This is in the same vein as requiring a husband's permission before a woman can get her tubes tied. That is so 1950 - 1960. This is 2018. Just because this pharmacist wants to live in the good old days when he could make judgment calls on people coming in to get medications, doesn't make it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpointer View Post
What does that have to do with Arizona, just because one pharmacist in Arizona refused to fill a prescription?
That's a fair question and I answered Highpointer in a PM, but I'd like to make a short explanation here as well.

This pharmacist was able to do as he did only because the law in Arizona, one of five states that allow this, said he could. I was unaware of this law, as I'm sure many people in Arizona and other states are. It's my hope this is a wake up call for the state and the state's residents and that this law will soon be history.

This is NOT the nation we want to be living in:
Attached Thumbnails
Pharmacist refuses to fill presecription because of belief-tlc49.png  

Old 06-26-2018, 05:14 AM

15,205 posts, read 10,223,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yeah...no big deal. I've lived in towns where there was only one pharmacist and it would have been quite a drive to get to another. But, hey, no biggie - the trauma of a miscarriage and it's dead anyway - let's worry about a pharmacist who won't perform their trained duties for irrational reasons. I'd totally skewer them on social media and let THEM decide.

I've had two miscarriages and yes it's traumatic which is why I don't understand her going to the pharmacist instead of her doctor who should have been able to take care of it. But that's neither here nor there.

What may seem irrational to you may not be irrational to them. Besides I agreed that in this case since the baby already died, he/she wasn't really compromising anything except possibly the mother's health.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:21 AM

15,205 posts, read 10,223,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The article said there were two other employees there that could have helped her, to do that, they must have been pharmacists also.
Not necessarily. My pharmacist has one degreed pharmacist and a couple of pharmacy techs.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:21 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,131,850 times
Pharmacists refuse to fill prescriptions all the time for various clinical and non clinical reasons...go to a different pharmacy.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:00 AM

1,063 posts, read 692,540 times
Do your job!!!!

Old 06-26-2018, 06:02 AM

1,063 posts, read 692,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Pharmacists refuse to fill prescriptions all the time for various clinical and non clinical reasons...go to a different pharmacy.
If a patient has an Rx and has signed and acknowledged the risks then you are to prescribe the medication. Not sure how it works in your state but in NY state that person would likely be fired immediately and potentially held liable if any issues happened related to the individual dying or getting sick from a lack of medication.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:03 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,367,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Having a uterine infection from an incomplete miscarriage is life threatening.

Having complications from a D&C can cause multiple future miscarriages and make the woman unable to get pregnant.
Oh for heavens sake: going out in the morning early to get the newspaper can be life threatening as well. You never know what wild critters might be in your front yard if you live in a rural area like we do. Driving at night, can be life threatening with drunk drivers on the road or deer running in front of the car. How many women do you know who have had serious complications from a D&C? I have known several, including myself twice. Once when I miscarried and once when I was having further tests to determine if I had cancer. BTW, I did have cancer. But that is another topic, for another time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness