U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2018, 11:07 PM

18,948 posts, read 6,193,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
I think this definitely umbrellas benadryl. <<8. Sleeping aids (Nonbenzodiazepine sedative-hypnotics)>>

I currently take benzos or over the counter sleep aides and have memory loss after the pill for an hour or two if I don't go straight to sleep. I can only imagine how much worse this will be in later years.
Why not make changes now? I was taking 1/2mg Lorazepam for a while and when a friend sent me a note about memory issues, I was OFF it in a flash. Found other stuff that works. I'll deal with OA but want my mind to function to my end.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 08:59 AM

12,447 posts, read 14,587,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Yep....the truth is out there....its just being hidden somehow from everyone.

No it's not...just from people with their heads in the sand.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:33 AM

This is a serious issue and IF I knew of a drug I take and one of the complications is memory loss I would sure be searching for alternatives to the drug(s).

Old 07-12-2018, 11:19 PM

673 posts, read 238,735 times
Default i know

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Why not make changes now? I was taking 1/2mg Lorazepam for a while and when a friend sent me a note about memory issues, I was OFF it in a flash. Found other stuff that works. I'll deal with OA but want my mind to function to my end.
I do get off them, the longest was 10 months. I always go back. It is sad. What can I take for sleep or anxiety? Wine sometimes bloats me and doesn't digest well. So I rarely indulge.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
I do get off them, the longest was 10 months. I always go back. It is sad. What can I take for sleep or anxiety? Wine sometimes bloats me and doesn't digest well. So I rarely indulge.
My good friend drinks a glass of wine in the evening...only small glass. She says it puts her to sleep pretty good. I don't drink wine anymore. I'll send you what I take and you can work with it as we are all different and some or all could help you. I'm getting ready for sleep here now and about to take my 9:30 stuff that gets my body ready for sleep. I'm older and bedtime is by 10:30 for me.

Old 07-13-2018, 03:58 PM

1,715 posts, read 1,714,418 times
Quote:
My good friend drinks a glass of wine in the evening...only small glass. She says it puts her to sleep pretty good. I don't drink wine anymore. I'll send you what I take and you can work with it as we are all different and some or all could help you. I'm getting ready for sleep here now and about to take my 9:30 stuff that gets my body ready for sleep. I'm older and bedtime is by 10:30 for me.
Please send info to me too.
Thanks

Old 07-14-2018, 09:07 AM

1,800 posts, read 2,394,997 times
Quote:
Exercise and meditation.

Don't hammer me, I'm not a proponent of "alternative medicine." But at my doctor's urging, I did wean myself off lorazepam, and I really believe that my memory is better. I still forget things, but not as much as I used to when I was taking lorazepam.

And I have found that exercise and meditation help with sleep and anxiety.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:48 AM

13,463 posts, read 7,165,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
Exercise and meditation.

Don't hammer me, I'm not a proponent of "alternative medicine." But at my doctor's urging, I did wean myself off lorazepam, and I really believe that my memory is better. I still forget things, but not as much as I used to when I was taking lorazepam.

Good for you! Benzos are not really intended for long term use...and if prescribed for anxiety you don't mention that it is still an issue so apparently you don't need it now anyway.

Old 07-14-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
Exercise and meditation.

Won't hammer you but meditation is VERY alternative. Good for you. I've been doing it for years. Most days anyway. And nothing wrong with alternative medicine!!!! More would benefit as I see it overall.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:10 AM

966 posts, read 400,987 times
Quote:
Won't hammer you but meditation is VERY alternative. Good for you. I've been doing it for years. Most days anyway. And nothing wrong with alternative medicine!!!! More would benefit as I see it overall.
It is interesting I take lorazepam and it is the only drug I take. I have taken it for more than 10 years and have a very good memory. Though I do take it sparingly. Maybe 1x per week. .5 mg. I use it for sleep but I am hoping I can start using Marijuana.

I actually just came here to rant and I was going to start my own thread. Why can't people remember anything? I am working with someone over the age of 60 and he is insanely unable to remember anything.

Last week we all met and his job was to find out if we changed the amount we had on a budget where would it be coming from. He finally responds and tells us we are changing the amount but doesn't address where it is coming from. OMG.. this is like the 10th time we have asked this question. I feel like going to his wife and telling her she needs to purchase long term care insurance right now because he is about 5 years from a nursing home.

Every person over a certain age is this way! It is horrible. But younger people CAN remember. I reject the idea it is natural. It wasn't like this when I was a kid. My grandma was sharp as a tack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or