U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 04:59 PM

13,370 posts, read 7,128,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There was a guy in Hawaii I think who was knowldeable about nutrition, had books, radio show etc. He had so many calling him a liar, etc., so he went to school and got the degree. Then gave the same advice he had been giving for years. Hilarious. All the naysayers went away. They couldn't name call anymore.
Why not? Somebody with a degree is under just as much scrutiny - makes no difference - he still has to make a case for what he's doing and saying.

And calling him a "liar" is incorrect - was he deliberately lying or was he ignorant? I suppose if he was making money on misinformation then he was a liar...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 05:03 PM

18,823 posts, read 6,149,026 times
SQ: Your three comments are from drugs that were already produced by pharma. Or did you invent them, I don't see the relationship with what OP is seeking..

Wonder where he is with his idea.

I could say that I got rid of allergies/sinus issues but I didn't produce the antioxidant that did the work.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:16 PM

2,297 posts, read 1,523,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
I am looking for some guidance on who to speak to regarding a medical theory for a major medical disease (and possibly starting a clinical trial if warranted), preferably from someone who went down a similar route themselves.

Say someone has a theory on what causes a major medical disease. The current cause for this major medical disease is unknown. Attempts to treat the disease's symptoms are done through various means, sometimes successful, sometimes not. The person who has the theory does not have a medical field background but has extensive personal study in the field and noticed a particular correlation between two separate diseases/factors. The theory this person has involves something that can be measured/tested and it is regards to a major common illness.

Who would this person speak to regarding this theory/idea?
The ultimate goal would be to start a clinical trial to test this theory out and ultimately cure the disease.

If you do not know the answer (where to go/what to do), please do not guess. I would prefer to hear from someone who has experience in this area. If that is not you but you know someone who does (spouse/coworker/family member etc) and you ask them, that would be great too.

Thanks
Medical School research department.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:49 PM

1,362 posts, read 653,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Guess no one was interested in the drugs that cured my son's cancer - or other cancers.

Or the antibiotics that cure infections.

Or the vaccines that prevent infections.

Good point.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:55 PM

21,498 posts, read 26,102,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
SQ: Your three comments are from drugs that were already produced by pharma. Or did you invent them, I don't see the relationship with what OP is seeking..

Wonder where he is with his idea.

I could say that I got rid of allergies/sinus issues but I didn't produce the antioxidant that did the work.
It was not a response to the OP. It was a response to this statement:

Quote:
If it is a cure? Forget it. No one will be interested as there is no money to be made.
There is research on cures, and that statement is idiotic.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:42 PM

5,757 posts, read 3,041,090 times
From the little you've posted you are years and lots of intermediate research away from anything like clinical trials. At a very gross level, you would have research followed by publication of papers in peer reviewed journals, application for grant funds, more research. Animal trials (with all the associated ethical requirements for them). More publications. Then eventually with sufficient data, you might be ready for clinical trails. Then there is a whole 'nother set of standards and requirements you have to follow.

Just for some light reading, you might start here: https://www.nih.gov/research-training and here: https://www.cc.nih.gov/training/

And you might try a couple of the training videos here: https://ori.hhs.gov/the-lab
and here: https://ori.hhs.gov/research-clinic

Old 07-08-2018, 09:06 AM

4,787 posts, read 1,545,789 times
Quote:
Guess no one was interested in the drugs that cured my son's cancer - or other cancers.

Or the antibiotics that cure infections.

Or the vaccines that prevent infections.

Cancer is never cured. Aside from the fact that chemo and radiation cause secondary cancers.

Antibiotics are 1 shot deals used again and again and again. They also cause an imbalance of healthy bacteria, which means the person who takes antibiotics is more susceptible to future infections. So then they take another antibiotic. And get another infection. Lather rinse repeat.

Vaccines?? Really? I don't even know where to begin? The p-iss poor efficacy rates? The fact that they need a kajaliion boosters, which proves in fact that they do NOT work? that people who get them get sick anyway? Seriously laughing at that one. Good one suzy. Vaccines as a cure> BWA HAHAHAHAHA

Cures? Wow, delusional much? Oh right. All the time. As you count your pharma dollars.

The money is in chronic care only. That is a FACT.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:08 AM

4,787 posts, read 1,545,789 times
Quote:
It was not a response to the OP. It was a response to this statement:

There is research on cures, and that statement is idiotic.
Nope. It's pure business. Pharma also benefits from adverse effects by creating drugs that can go only with a drug to treat the primary illness but that causes an adverse effect. Bingo, here's a drug to treat the adverse effect. It's a 2-for1.

Amazing how you continue to pretend big pharma is one big charity when they post billions in profits and jack up drug prices every year.

Chronic care is BIG BUSINESS.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:09 AM

21,498 posts, read 26,102,510 times
Quote:
Cancer is never cured. Aside from the fact that chemo and radiation cause secondary cancers.

Antibiotics are 1 shot deals used again and again and again. They also cause an imbalance of healthy bacteria, which means the person who takes antibiotics is more susceptible to future infections. So then they take another antibiotic. And get another infection. Lather rinse repeat.

Vaccines?? Really? I don't even know where to begin? The p-iss poor efficacy rates? The fact that they need a kajaliion boosters, which proves in fact that they do NOT work? that people who get them get sick anyway? Seriously laughing at that one. Good one suzy. Vaccines as a cure> BWA HAHAHAHAHA

Cures? Wow, delusional much? Oh right. All the time. As you count your pharma dollars.

Cancer is indeed cured. People are treated and it never comes back. Most who are treated do not develop secondary cancers. My son completed treatment for his leukemia in 1992 with no recurrence since and no secondary cancer.

The majority of people who take antibiotics do not have recurrent infections.
Most vaccines do not require boosters, and for many the effectiveness is extraordinary. That is the reason smallpox has been eradicated from the entire planet and polio has almost been eradicated. Measles has been eliminated in the entire Western hemisphere. I will never understand why anti-vax folks still try to say vaccines do not work when they clearly do. It's a silly, easily disproved argument.

Vaccines do not cure, they prevent. That means people do not need cures.

You can quit accusing me of working for a pharmaceutical company. I don't, and your continued snide insinuations that I do just make you look like a petulant toddler.

Quote:
Nope. It's pure business. Pharma also benefits from adverse effects by creating drugs that can go only with a drug to treat the primary illness but that causes an adverse effect. Bingo, here's a drug to treat the adverse effect. It's a 2-for1.

Amazing how you continue to pretend big pharma is one big charity when they post billions in profits and jack up drug prices every year.

Chronic care is BIG BUSINESS.
Millions of people take prescription medications with absolutely no adverse effects at all.

Please link to any post I have made claiming "big pharma is one big charity" or denied that pharmaceutical companies make profits. Why should they not make profits, like any other industry in our economic system? It is how they stay in business and develop new drugs, some of which are cures.

I agree with you about pricing abuses. It's interesting that those get called out, though. It would be helpful if the US did not subsidize drugs for other countries.

I am very happy with my daily anti-hypertensive medication. It is cheap (free at Publix, insurance not even billed. ), I have no side effects from it, and it works. The drug company is making pennies off of it.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:15 AM

4,626 posts, read 10,500,588 times
Quote:

Speaking of delusional.....could you post more delusional nonsense than you just did???

"Cancer" is never cured????

First off there is no "cancer".....there are many "types of cancer" and many are in fact CURED to ignore that well known FACT is well...delusional.

The antibiotic nonsense you posted? What???

Infections are "CURED" every day with antibiotics.....have no idea what "delusional" nonsense you are posting about "1 shot deals used again and again"

If a patient has cellulitis which is routinely CURED with antibiotics and 10 years later develops cellulitis somewhere else on his body that isn't because the SAME infection came back

The notion that taking antibiotics makes one susceptible to future infections??? COMPLETE and UTTER nonsense but I won't bother with the "D" word again.

Lastly your comment on vaccines?? I don't even know where to begin....

The proof of efficacy of vaccines is undeniable and anyone who questions that unassailable FACT is ....well....there's that D word again.

Really an unbelievable amount of nonsense there....truly epic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or