U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-07-2018, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
21,201 posts, read 25,680,835 times
Reputation: 25975

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Eat good and stay active and you'll not have to contribute to these pharmaceutical companies.
If only that were true. It helps, but there is no guarantee.

 
Old 07-07-2018, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Central IL
12,978 posts, read 6,868,725 times
Reputation: 30151
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Eat good and stay active and you'll not have to contribute to these pharmaceutical companies.
Only a deluded control freak would think that eating "good" and staying active will prevent ALL diseases. Do what you can and then treat that which happens anyway. And don't forget genetic factors.
 
Old 07-07-2018, 03:09 PM
 
Location: on the wind
3,758 posts, read 1,385,690 times
Reputation: 13581
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Eat good and stay active and you'll not have to contribute to these pharmaceutical companies.
Ah, OK, got it. Kindly explain why a 35 YO person doing aerobics 5 days a week, active weekend activities, sticking to a pretty simple organic diet, no alcohol, no smoking, and no family history ends up with non-genetic driven breast cancer.
 
Old 07-07-2018, 03:39 PM
 
7,583 posts, read 11,162,697 times
Reputation: 14954
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
My sister clung to all the drugs she took for MS for probably 25 yrs but lost the battle. the drugs did not "cure" her. I too believe should could have cleaned up her diet but too late...she was sucked into the drugs.
Yeah, if only she would have taken grape seed extract. I'm sure that would have cured her MS.
 
Old 07-07-2018, 03:49 PM
 
17,885 posts, read 5,777,720 times
Reputation: 12104
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Yeah, if only she would have taken grape seed extract. I'm sure that would have cured her MS.
Boy did I ever try to get her to take it, she could have reduced a lot of the effects of the MS. Don't believe this, you can do a search with this disease and this powerful antioxidant.

She listened to the pharma MD's and took their toxic drugs and she's gone...very sad and I can be mad about this too. I tried so hard to help with other than the toxic drugs. The doctors, I wonder did they recommend other than all the drugs, we've lived apart for 50 some yrs so I was not nearby. Not that I would have changed things, but I would have tried. And I know you are being rather cynical.

And there is a LDN group for MS patients and I tried to get her to try this too, it's an Rx too but very cheap. Not the pricey $25K drugs the docs gave her.
 
Old 07-07-2018, 04:26 PM
 
2,227 posts, read 952,553 times
Reputation: 8846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Ah, OK, got it. Kindly explain why a 35 YO person doing aerobics 5 days a week, active weekend activities, sticking to a pretty simple organic diet, no alcohol, no smoking, and no family history ends up with non-genetic driven breast cancer.

Yep happened to me, positive disposition modest healthy diet, swam-biked-walked, little sugar, no smoking, rarely drink alcohol , and boom estrogen receptor breast cancer. People go on and on about big pharma making billions, but so is the herbal/natural remedy industry.
 
Old 07-07-2018, 07:51 PM
 
4,579 posts, read 10,392,339 times
Reputation: 10088
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Boy did I ever try to get her to take it, she could have reduced a lot of the effects of the MS. Don't believe this, you can do a search with this disease and this powerful antioxidant.

She listened to the pharma MD's and took their toxic drugs and she's gone...very sad and I can be mad about this too. I tried so hard to help with other than the toxic drugs. The doctors, I wonder did they recommend other than all the drugs, we've lived apart for 50 some yrs so I was not nearby. Not that I would have changed things, but I would have tried. And I know you are being rather cynical.

And there is a LDN group for MS patients and I tried to get her to try this too, it's an Rx too but very cheap. Not the pricey $25K drugs the docs gave her.
The title of your thread is "Curing Patients is Bad for Business"

Yet according to you grape seed extract cures MS and pretty much EVERY KNOWN DISEASE TO MANKIND

If this is true WHY hasn't it caught on??

It's CHEAP....readily available....no one is stopping anyone from taking it or extolling its virtues to the high heavens.....

Maybe....just maybe....because IT DOESN'T WORK....because IF it really did even HALF of what you claim it did on a routine and reproducible basis the demand for this miracle cure would be off the charts...

Yet it isn't......ummmmmmmmm
 
Old 07-07-2018, 08:06 PM
 
2,227 posts, read 952,553 times
Reputation: 8846
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
The title of your thread is "Curing Patients is Bad for Business"

Yet according to you grape seed extract cures MS and pretty much EVERY KNOWN DISEASE TO MANKIND

If this is true WHY hasn't it caught on??

It's CHEAP....readily available....no one is stopping anyone from taking it or extolling its virtues to the high heavens.....

Maybe....just maybe....because IT DOESN'T WORK....because IF it really did even HALF of what you claim it did on a routine and reproducible basis the demand for this miracle cure would be off the charts...

Yet it isn't......ummmmmmmmm

I prefer a more moderate and wholistic approach to healthcare and would not want to depend on herbal remedies for health issues but I don’t think it’s fair to outright dismiss traditional medicine or herbal medicine.
In regards to grape seed extract this site has offered its take on it
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/263332.php
And before you dismiss my link it’s pro science
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/medical-news-today/

So while grape seed extract may not cure every desease there does seem to be some recognized health benefits.

Last edited by Spuggy; 07-07-2018 at 08:17 PM..
 
Old 07-07-2018, 08:18 PM
 
4,579 posts, read 10,392,339 times
Reputation: 10088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
I prefer a more moderate and wholistic approach to healthcare and would not want to depend on herbal remedies for health issues but I donít think itís fair to outright dismiss traditional medicine or herbal medicine.
In regards to grape seed extract this site has offered its take on it
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/263332.php
And before you dismiss my link itís pro science
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/medical-news-today/

So whike grape seed extract may not cure every desease there does seem to be some recognized health benefits.
The concluding paragraph of your Medical News Today Link:

Some note that while the procyadins can be powerful in lab experiments, grape seed extract appears to have poor bioavailability, which means the body may not absorb it efficiently enough to make it worth using.

In addition, pregnant women should completely avoid taking grape seed extract supplements.

It may be that grape seed extract can offer multiple health benefits, but more research is needed to confirm this.

When and "if" science concludes that grape seed extract is truly beneficial I will change my position.....at present that data is just not available.....anecdotes aside....
 
Old 07-07-2018, 08:26 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
21,201 posts, read 25,680,835 times
Reputation: 25975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
I prefer a more moderate and wholistic approach to healthcare and would not want to depend on herbal remedies for health issues but I donít think itís fair to outright dismiss traditional medicine or herbal medicine.
In regards to grape seed extract this site has offered its take on it
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/263332.php
And before you dismiss my link itís pro science
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/medical-news-today/

So while grape seed extract may not cure every desease there does seem to be some recognized health benefits.
The article includes this disclaimer:

"We picked linked items based on the quality of products, and list the pros and cons of each to help you determine which will work best for you. We partner with some of the companies that sell these products, which means Healthline UK and our partners may receive a portion of revenues if you make a purchase using a link(s) above."

Is Grape Seed Extract (GSE) Worth Taking? | Berkeley Wellness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top