U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2018, 06:12 AM
 
Location: SW Florida
9,126 posts, read 3,940,319 times
Reputation: 18827

Advertisements

I had a meme a few years ago after my cancer that showed two doctors talking to each other. The first one said: "Wouldn't it be great if we could cure cancer". The second one turned to her and said: "Yes, but treating cancer is how we butter our bread".


Treating cancer is big business - I don't expect it will ever be completely cured in my lifetime.

 
Old 07-09-2018, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
21,526 posts, read 26,146,877 times
Reputation: 26519
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I had a meme a few years ago after my cancer that showed two doctors talking to each other. The first one said: "Wouldn't it be great if we could cure cancer". The second one turned to her and said: "Yes, but treating cancer is how we butter our bread".


Treating cancer is big business - I don't expect it will ever be completely cured in my lifetime.
There is no one disease called "cancer". Some are already being routinely cured. Others still have a dismal prognosis.

Until all cancers can be prevented there will be new patients who need treatment, even if everyone with every cancer diagnosis could be cured.
 
Old 07-09-2018, 10:37 AM
 
18,891 posts, read 6,176,358 times
Reputation: 12702
We really do not know IF the cancers that take off in bodies could ever be cured. That's what THEY tell us, I don't trust everything THEY say... That's why I work with all the prevention I do.

There are doctors that have been silenced for their research and treatments.
 
Old 07-09-2018, 10:47 AM
 
4,119 posts, read 1,727,255 times
Reputation: 11617
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh of course, we are all going to die, but I'd like to have a little more control over how I go out. How we did is not the point...my nephew left this earth at 5 yrs old. So.....

I choose NOT to go out all drugged with more and more toxic drugs as many do. One drug to fix the damage that the other drug did and it goes on and on.

My sister was given so many toxic drugs for the MS she dealt with and I believe the drugs killed her. Many people live long long lives and many do not take so many drugs. I know some....

My sister gave pharma probably a million during her journey. Yes, I'm angry.
wait ...what? At 5? No grape extract for him I guess.

Did you blame him for his own death like you do your own sister with MS? That poor woman. Sick and listening to hours of endless ridicule and what she was doing wrong. Ugh.

Listen, unless we are all going out in our sleep, you WILL be subjected to doctors and drugs.Oh well.
 
Old 07-09-2018, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Texas
3,698 posts, read 2,847,271 times
Reputation: 6095
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I had a meme a few years ago after my cancer that showed two doctors talking to each other. The first one said: "Wouldn't it be great if we could cure cancer". The second one turned to her and said: "Yes, but treating cancer is how we butter our bread".
These need not be mutually exclusive desires, however. I see nothing wrong in working towards both ends.

My first job after Grad School was working in the largest pediatric cancer center in the U.S. There are faculty there who have been there for decades, some since the 1970s. The Director would often say that their end goal was to put themselves out of business, and I believe in the sincerity of that statement based on the work I saw the faculty and staff doing day in and day out. You might have experienced the same by many of your caregivers. I really think it takes a special type of person to work in oncology.

Last edited by Texas Ag 93; 07-09-2018 at 11:17 AM..
 
Old 07-09-2018, 10:57 AM
 
18,891 posts, read 6,176,358 times
Reputation: 12702
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
wait ...what? At 5? No grape extract for him I guess.

Did you blame him for his own death like you do your own sister with MS? That poor woman. Sick and listening to hours of endless ridicule and what she was doing wrong. Ugh.

Listen, unless we are all going out in our sleep, you WILL be subjected to doctors and drugs.Oh well.
I didn't say how he died, he was killed by a truck. Children don't and babies don't take grape seed ex.

More sarcasism as usual from some members. And what I choose to talk about is no one's business, but many make it theirs. So much anger around here.

And as I've read anger feeds cancers.
 
Old 07-09-2018, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
21,526 posts, read 26,146,877 times
Reputation: 26519
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I didn't say how he died, he was killed by a truck. Children don't and babies don't take grape seed ex.

More sarcasism as usual from some members. And what I choose to talk about is no one's business, but many make it theirs. So much anger around here.

And as I've read anger feeds cancers.
No one is angry at you. If you do not want people to challenge what you say, perhaps it is best to just not say it at all.
 
Old 07-09-2018, 11:16 AM
 
18,891 posts, read 6,176,358 times
Reputation: 12702
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No one is angry at you. If you do not want people to challenge what you say, perhaps it is best to just not say it at all.
No, I just see and hear so much anger from members here. And anger and cancers are not good friends.

Many just love to jump to conclusions no matter what. I know my friends at C-D.
 
Old 07-09-2018, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
21,526 posts, read 26,146,877 times
Reputation: 26519
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
No, I just see and hear so much anger from members here. And anger and cancers are not good friends.

Many just love to jump to conclusions no matter what. I know my friends at C-D.
You interpret any disagreement as being angry with you. Those who disagree with you do so because some of what you say is dangerously inaccurate and potentially harmful for people who might choose to follow your advice.

Do not post here and expect everyone to cheerfully accept everything you say as factual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
We really do not know IF the cancers that take off in bodies could ever be cured. That's what THEY tell us, I don't trust everything THEY say... That's why I work with all the prevention I do.

There are doctors that have been silenced for their research and treatments.
Yes, we do know that some cancers can be cured. This is the type of statement you make that gets called out frequently. It is just not true, and it is certainly not helpful for a reader with a potentially curable cancer.

"THEY" - whoever you think THEY are - would have no reason to lie about curing cancers. What would be the point? There are millions of long term cancer survivors. those who are alive 10 - 20 - 30 years or more after diagnosis are cured.

Any doctor who has been "silenced for their research and treatments" was a quack who was preying on desperate people for a buck.

If there is scientific evidence for "research and treatments" it will not be "silenced".

You absolutely do not know whether your grapeseed extract does anything you claim for it. The fact that you have never developed a cancer does not mean GSE is preventing you from getting cancer. I drink milk every day and I have never developed a cancer. That does not mean milk is preventing me from getting cancer.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 07-09-2018 at 11:42 AM..
 
Old 07-09-2018, 11:39 AM
 
209 posts, read 97,284 times
Reputation: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Interesting from an MD.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/r...velation/72407

Here is another link, the above is a link within this one:

https://anhinternational.org/2018/04...d-to-cure-you/
Very cool. Yeah, all these organizations - the AMA, pharms, FDA, etc. doesn't want cures. They want
stuff that will keep us ill. Hence ensuring the word formaldehyde isn't listed on any product. They want
to make us sick so we'll pay to get unsick (which will never happen).

There have been changes, though. Lung cancer patients are surviving much longer than just 20 years
ago. The problem will always be, is surviving quality of life or quantity? @20 yrs. ago, I was in an
oncologist's office with a relative. There was a woman with cancer there with a friend who tried to
convince her that chemo was worth it but the cancer-stricken woman obviously didn't believe it.
Saw several relatives go through the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top