Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 06:51 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,198,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
This last statement says it ALL. Far more money to be made in PREVENTION than curing people already infected and dying. Sorry if you were born to late for a preventative vaccine. So what if you DIE, if we can "prevent" millions with some new vaccine.

Very callous attitude.
Crazy - I guess it would be better to have no research and no prevention or treatments at all because SOMEONE will make some money!

I don't always agree with the cost of prescriptions and healthcare - in fact I think most is too high. But very little gets done in this world without SOMEONE making some money. Cures are needed until something can be entirely prevented - sorry it costs a little.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:55 PM

48,285 posts, read 34,411,101 times
Well if curing patients is bad for business don't forget all the naturopaths, chiropractors, homeopaths, and all the rest.

It would make no sense to say this about one group, and not all the others.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-09-2018, 07:24 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,565,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well if curing patients is bad for business don't forget all the naturopaths, chiropractors, homeopaths, and all the rest.

It would make no sense to say this about one group, and not all the others.
Oh we don't forget all the rest. But know that all the rest of curing methods are no where near the pharma so called cures/bandaids. My allergy sinus "cure" therapy addresses so many health conditions. $16 for a two month supply. And could be cancer prevention as we're told....

Old 07-09-2018, 07:39 PM

48,285 posts, read 34,411,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh we don't forget all the rest. But know that all the rest of curing methods are no where near the pharma so called cures/bandaids. My allergy sinus "cure" therapy addresses so many health conditions. $16 for a two month supply. And could be cancer prevention as we're told....
A bunch of my meds are $15 for 3 months supply. So?

It seems disingenuous to claim one group is not curing on purpose, but not all the rest.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-09-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
A bunch of my meds are $15 for 3 months supply. So?

It seems disingenuous to claim one group is not curing on purpose, but not all the rest.
I'd bet you have some high powered drug insurance.

I'm picking up 3 meds tomorrow, 90 each, and out of pocket will cost me about $44...I buy no drug insurance. Insurance would cost me more than the drugs I take.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Some cancers ARE cured.
Probably so, but in my circle of friends who had cancers, they are gone. One just passed this last Friday after a two year battle and I don't know how many drugs they worked with her.

Talking to one of my friends today and she's been on some trials and so far she's good...she also takes that terrible "grape" and I told her to keep on keeping on.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:32 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,198,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
"as we're told"? Who is telling you and what is that based on? So it prevents "sinus cancer"? What exactly is it doing?

Old 07-09-2018, 08:35 PM

36,970 posts, read 40,917,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
This last statement says it ALL. Far more money to be made in PREVENTION than curing people already infected and dying. Sorry if you were born to late for a preventative vaccine. So what if you DIE, if we can "prevent" millions with some new vaccine.

Very callous attitude.
That has to be the wackiest statement I have ever read on CD.

Yes, it is sad that people were infected and died before any effective vaccine for any disease was available. That includes HIV. What did I say to make you think I am happy that anyone was "born to late" for a vaccine for HIV? The phrase should be "born too early" anyway. No one is happy that there are folks currently infected with HIV, including me. You seem to be unaware that there is effective treatment for HIV that, while not curative, helps those with HIV live pretty close to normal lives.

What is "callous" about being happy that there may be an effective vaccine to prevent more people from becoming infected in the future? If you are never infected, you do not need to be even treated, much less "cured".

No, there is not more money in prevention with vaccines.

https://vaxopedia.org/2017/11/05/the...ng-vaccinated/

"Analyses showed that routine childhood immunization among members of the 2009 US birth cohort will prevent ∼42 000 early deaths and 20 million cases of disease, with net savings of $13.5 billion in direct costs and $68.8 billion in total societal costs [things like lost time from work], respectively.”

Zhou et al on Economic Evaluation of the Routine Childhood Immunization Program in the United States, 2009"

The cost-effectiveness of an HIV vaccine will depend on how efficacious it is and the target population to receive it.

Yes, I am sorry for those already infected, and I am happy that there is a promising vaccine to prevent people from getting infected in the future. Callous? I don't think so.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:48 PM

14,308 posts, read 14,103,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Meaning, "I will never get sick because I exercise regularly and eat a healthy balanced diet". You're right, too bad it doesn't work like that. I would recommend not getting old.
Eating right and exercising can lengthen life and make us healthier while we live.

However, I disagree that it will reduce medical costs. In fact, I think there is a good argument that it may ultimately increase medical costs. People who live longer are going to require more medical treatment. The person who might had died swiftly from a coronary or from lung cancer may require years of care for Alzheimer's disease and dementia in a skilled nursing facility. My recently diseased mother who died at age 98 after playing by all the rules, probably was hospitalized six times in the last five years of her life for various medical problems that were related to age.

I don't want anyone to get me wrong. I think its great we can increase longevity and cure many illnesses that have shortened lives. However, no one should be naive. I think if anything its just going to cause medical costs to rise.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
"as we're told"? Who is telling you and what is that based on? So it prevents "sinus cancer"? What exactly is it doing?
I'm not talking about sinus cancer. I have 4 cancer models in Alt Med where the grape is proven in trials to work and that is prostate, breast, melanoma and colon cancers.

My grape "cure" has kept me from allergy drugs for over 23 yrs and MAY keep me from cancers period. That's what I'm saying...I only have miles of this info in Alt Med.

I have faith in this antioxidant as I was at the right place at the right time in 1995 and have an open mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.