U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 06:39 PM

2,157 posts, read 979,701 times

Advertisements

Now really for Op this is not an issue, at 25 replacement is not an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 06:46 PM
Status: "one of the wettest from the standpoint of water" (set 6 days ago)

18,692 posts, read 9,791,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Yes, we take our chances on these surgeries...I call them crap shoots.

I just met up with a younger person who had a THR at 54 by a high profile surgeon who did NOT take insurance so she thought she was going with the best. She's crippled now raising two little children and wearing braces and in a lot of pain. Read her story on a review of the surgeon and sent her a note, she replied back today.

So yes there are many botched surgeries. The body is never the same after so many of these surgeries. And yes, some do turn out good, so you don't have to go there as I know you will.
you are continuing to conflate failed surgery with botched surgery. We aren't robots where a part can be replaced with an identical part. Sometimes, the surgery can be performed correctly but the outcome is not the desired one. That is not a botched surgery, but it is the more common explanation for ending up with a less than desired outcome.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:09 PM

18,069 posts, read 5,847,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
you are continuing to conflate failed surgery with botched surgery. We aren't robots where a part can be replaced with an identical part. Sometimes, the surgery can be performed correctly but the outcome is not the desired one. That is not a botched surgery, but it is the more common explanation for ending up with a less than desired outcome.
You don't live with it, call it failed or botched of whatever, I'm partially disabled from this surgery so I think I can call it as I see and live with it. I feel the surgeon did a botched job as I was his last patient on a Friday afternoon and he was in a rush to leave for the weekend. That's how I see it...You have no idea on it all. This is mess is with me 24/7.

It wasn't a total failure as I no longer have the groin pain which I initially went for the surgery....so what is it failed or botched.....doesn't matter what words I use.

My whole right side of body is out of alignment majorally.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-10-2018 at 07:20 PM..

Old 07-10-2018, 07:21 PM
Status: "one of the wettest from the standpoint of water" (set 6 days ago)

18,692 posts, read 9,791,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
You don't live with it, call it failed or botched of whatever, I'm partially disabled from this surgery so I think I can call it as I see and live with it. I feel the surgeon did a botched job as I was his last patient on a Friday afternoon and he was in a rush to leave for the weekend. That's how I see it...You have no idea on it all. This is mess is with me 24/7.

It wasn't a total failure as I no longer have the groin pain which I initially went for the surgery....so what is it failed or botched.....doesn't matter what words I use.

My whole right side of body is out of alignment majorally.
I was not referring to your personal situation, because of course I don't know any of the details. But you keep using botched surgery as a general term. Your surgery may have been botched, I have no idea. But not all surgeries that don't result in the desired outcome are botched - that was my point.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:39 AM

26 posts, read 8,423 times
You should not stay off working out your legs. Walk in water and swim in the pool. I ate lots of chicken feet and pig's trotters that contain lots of collagen.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:50 AM

42 posts, read 13,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
Now really for Op this is not an issue, at 25 replacement is not an option.

Absolutely not especially since I donít need a knee replacement . I donít even think I need surgery
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness