Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 10:54 AM

42 posts, read 35,374 times

Advertisements

Thank you for all the support and knowledge .
I went to a walk in clinic when it happened who referred me to a bone and joint center which is the doctor I’ve been seeing . I had to have an independent medical exam for the insurance company , that doctor only did simple knee extensions to make sure what I was claiming matched up .

I should note I had oshgood schlatter in the same knee has a kid and have the large lump below my knee to this day and originally my doctor thought I aggravated that which later was told I have patellar tendinitis and a quad strain .

What I don’t understand is how some days ( maybe once or twice a month ) my knee feels 100% I can do one legged squats on the bad knee and walk and kneel without pain but the other 25+ days I can’t activate that leg in anyway without pain in the kneecap .

The top of the knee cap feels bruised and sore to touch and it hurts the entire knee cap when bending , squatinf etc.

I also am trying to get into a police department so this was suppose to be healed by now I don’t want to be told 7 months later I was misdiagnosed and need surgery and then be off my feet even longer .
I don’t even know if I could look into some
Sort of law suit at this point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 03:20 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNy92 View Post
Thank you for all the support and knowledge .
I went to a walk in clinic when it happened who referred me to a bone and joint center which is the doctor I’ve been seeing . I had to have an independent medical exam for the insurance company , that doctor only did simple knee extensions to make sure what I was claiming matched up .

I should note I had oshgood schlatter in the same knee has a kid and have the large lump below my knee to this day and originally my doctor thought I aggravated that which later was told I have patellar tendinitis and a quad strain .

What I don’t understand is how some days ( maybe once or twice a month ) my knee feels 100% I can do one legged squats on the bad knee and walk and kneel without pain but the other 25+ days I can’t activate that leg in anyway without pain in the kneecap .

The top of the knee cap feels bruised and sore to touch and it hurts the entire knee cap when bending , squatinf etc.

I also am trying to get into a police department so this was suppose to be healed by now I don’t want to be told 7 months later I was misdiagnosed and need surgery and then be off my feet even longer .
I don’t even know if I could look into some
Sort of law suit at this point

You could always get a consultation from a lawyer and sometimes those are free .It is certainly something worth exploring maybe. But I wish you luck I really do .

Old 07-07-2018, 03:59 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Long story short I had an injury on the Job back in janurary 2018.

It was a twisting sensation when my boot caught a lip on the floor and didn’t turn with my weight .

I have instant and debilitating pain in my knee cap that I can’t pinpoint it feels like it is everywhere .

X ray and mri were both negative . I have now been to physical therapy for almost 3 months total and it is going on 6 months since my injury . Physical therapy ovbiously hasn’t helped , the cortisone shot injected into my patellar tendon hasn’t work .

The pain is instant and happens when walking up stairs but more so on the decline comming down . Getting up and sitting down in a chair . Even sitting and putting pressure on my heel activates the pain in my knee .

I haven’t been able to work out ( lower body ) and cardio I’ve been staying off it .

I don’t know what is causing the pain but I’m giving up and becoming extremely
Frustrated my fitness aspect of my life has been taken away and it’s causing my career to decline as well

Original diagnosis was a patellar tendon strain and quad fascia strain .

I’m not sure what else I can do because nothing has worked . It’s to the point now I just don’t ever see myself being better because it’s veen so long I don’t remember what having my normal healthy lower body felt like.

I’m also only in my mid 20s my injury should be healing . I am
Not overweight either , I use to lift weights 3-6 days a week and I eat a healthy balanced diet

I suffered a similar strain to my patellar and quadriceps tendons and their attachments. My heel slipped off a stair-step and I dropped 8 inches, with my muscles tightened. It took a year, before the worst effects of this passed and it was three years, before I could run and jump without pain and restricted motion. But after that, everything has been fine and I can run fast and far, with no pain. It may take some time and patience. Make sure there are no tears or partial detachments, that might need surgery to correct.

Old 07-07-2018, 06:19 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,436,465 times
If I didn’t know better, OP, I would think I wrote your post.

My injury was also work-related. The ortho doc I went to was very anti-workmens comp and kept saying the injury was a “strain” and “degenerative”. He sent me to PT, and they actually hurt me and made it worse. He would not do an MRI, only xrays, which of course do not show soft tissue damage.

This was my first workmens comp injury, so I was lost as to how to proceed. I did learn I could get a 2nd opinion, so I got an appointment with a respected ortho group in the major metro in my area. They did an MRI and it showed that I had a double bucket-handle meniscus tear. Sometimes part of that torn meniscus would get caught and pinched in the joint and cause the excruciating pain that I felt.

A simple surgery corrected the problem, but I lost about a year of my life because of the incompetency and indifference of the first “doctor”.

Definitely get a second opinion and another MRI.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:06 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
No. It takes a looong time to heal knee, shoulder, etc, injuries. One problem is lack of blood flow inside those joints. Keep working out but be sure to only do straight-leg excersizes. NO BENDING. Give it time. You're not Wolverine.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:14 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
I was shocked in 1979 a petite girlfriend hurt her knee SO badly, little people break easier, lol ...she had a convention to go to and refused to be on crutches; went to an Asian Dr. of Acupuncture, $50, in Boston...a few times...and she made it to Miami walking.
Sped up her healing and balanced the meridian involved, thus the organ...kidney (and stomach), as I recall....so the body could heal itself.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:51 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Going outside the mainstream conventional methods often does it. Listening to my PRP/Stem Cell MD as I do every weekend, he talks about all those who come to him to "fix" the damage done by conventional methods. The advancing damage from surgeries, I can attest to this one.

Surgery is often necessary but as a last resort or emergency maybe.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:02 PM

42 posts, read 35,374 times
I don’t believe their to be any type
Of tear, nor does my doctor or PT’s. Just be because I can walk with no pain, no pain at rest, and I’m a pretty athletic and even horsing around or throwing the football around I can cut and change directions with no pain or weakness . The pain is strictly when getting out of a chair ,
Comming down stair , kneeling down the getting back up hurts the knee a ton and ovbiously I have not been able to squat in a squat rack or do any sort of leg day because I’m afraid of further damage , I can physically squat with weight my bad knee can handle it ; it just has pain that shouldn’t be there so I haven’t bothered .

I do noice a trend some
Time at pt once in stretched out and did quad and hamstring excercises and some hip flexor work the pain slowly subsided a little .

Also not sure why pt and doctor think I need to get my leg muscles up to “ relieve “ pressure off the knee . At the time of my injury I was working out my legs twice a day compound movements so leg strength wasn’t an issue it was the twist of my injury at work . I don’t ever see this knee healing

Old 07-08-2018, 12:14 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
If your doctor can't help, find another. Not all doctor graduated with an A+. You might have a doc that passed with a C. (I don't know if A+ and C actually apply today, but you'll get my drift, right?)

Old 07-08-2018, 12:28 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
I don’t believe their to be any type
Of tear, nor does my doctor or PT’s. Just be because I can walk with no pain, no pain at rest, and I’m a pretty athletic and even horsing around or throwing the football around I can cut and change directions with no pain or weakness . The pain is strictly when getting out of a chair ,
Comming down stair , kneeling down the getting back up hurts the knee a ton and ovbiously I have not been able to squat in a squat rack or do any sort of leg day because I’m afraid of further damage , I can physically squat with weight my bad knee can handle it ; it just has pain that shouldn’t be there so I haven’t bothered .

I do noice a trend some
Time at pt once in stretched out and did quad and hamstring excercises and some hip flexor work the pain slowly subsided a little .

Also not sure why pt and doctor think I need to get my leg muscles up to “ relieve “ pressure off the knee . At the time of my injury I was working out my legs twice a day compound movements so leg strength wasn’t an issue it was the twist of my injury at work . I don’t ever see this knee healing
Everything you describe with your symptoms including the history of Osgood Schlatter's suggests patellofemoral syndrome.

While it may seem the problem will never get better, in the grand scheme, 6 months is not a lot of time for many musculoskeletal issues. Tincture of time along with strengthening, core strengthening and avoiding the painful activities is often all that can be done.

There isn't a "fix" for everything that can go wrong with joints particularly with an underlying condition like you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness