U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2018, 12:46 PM

14,531 posts, read 11,520,915 times

Advertisements

IM glad some doctors see outside the box. its wonderful.ours however or ones Ive seen over the many years havent.. my last appointment I got the courage to try and get an appointment with an allergiest or alternative private doctor. but for that I would need a referral from my own doc to have it on the NHS..which is free...but he looked at me and asked WHY... I said because Ive been ill for over fifty years with a chemical sensitivity or allergy to some .. and told him I had give him loads of info from different places Id either contacted or had tests from.... He said to me.... Avoidance is the only thing I can offer as until stem cell therapy gets going more , maybe in twenty years you might get help........I laughed.. Im 71... and I said... How is it that for over fifty years Ive had this damn illness and not one doctor wants to help me.. as the symptoms are horrible..... then I said Or is it that no one can catch this from me or it wont kill me.... or doesnt our government perhaps want this covered up ... he smiled....
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 02:41 PM

4,016 posts, read 1,788,205 times
The Contact Lens “lost in my eye” thread has been ongoing for 11 years, started by an OP who had already been to the doctor, & continues to be informative & comforting to many people. One of the posters who replied stated hers was lost BY the doctor, at the office.
Lost contact lens in eye?

The OP of this thread: red mark on face that wont go away Had already been to the doctor. The doctor had scheduled the follow up for months later & everyone who responded said something along the lines of “Second opinion or whatever it takes to get in earlier!” Hopefully no health care professional here on CD would oppose this advice.

The Cat Bite Thread? Majority of posters who replied advised to get to the ER STAT: Infected Cat Bite. Because the OP’s antibiotic prescribed by their doctor; wasn’t working. Excellent advice.

Threads regarding Tubal Ligation have logged 64 posts regarding pregnancy after having tubes tied. A significant amount of pregnancies occurring post-tubal ligation are potentially fatal. As in; by the time you feel like “something is wrong”?

You may have about 15 minutes to be on the table, in the OR; or you die. This risk factor is listed on the treatment & consent form that women sign ... with their doctor ... prior to surgery. Sixty-four times; posters reminded readers about this possibility & I am convinced that this has saved lives.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=33228775

To intentionally suppress open dialogue & “anecdotal” information is simply dangerous. When you restrict the exchange of information to the “scientific consensus” only; people will suffer.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:23 PM

3,460 posts, read 1,963,447 times
Because a stranger writing a strong opinion or says that doctors are rip-offs just reenforces what the poster wants to be told. The medical doctor is the expert, so if they have medical questions it should go to the doctor. Because even if a qualified medical doctor were here to answer the questions, they can't really do that without knowing your medical history and doing their own diagnostic testing.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:29 PM

18,929 posts, read 6,193,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
Because a stranger writing a strong opinion or says that doctors are rip-offs just reenforces what the poster wants to be told. The medical doctor is the expert, so if they have medical questions it should go to the doctor. Because even if a qualified medical doctor were here to answer the questions, they can't really do that without knowing your medical history and doing their own diagnostic testing.
I have opinions, how strong, well that is from what I believe. One can go to 5 different MD's with all their degrees and be told 5 different things. There are some medical people here and they voice their opinions and their debating skills. It's often their way or the highway, they hear no one else's opinions.

Old 07-13-2018, 03:36 AM

Ten years ago I was asked if I could be a volunteer phone contact for Allergy uk to try and advise people who suffer from MCS Multiple chemical sensitivities on what to avoid and alternatives to use around the home and for personal use.... Allergy UK are a big respected company who had did great work in the help of allergy sufferers of all sorts.... They wouldnt allow me to help others if they thought I was a danger in any way.... If doctors wont listen and help. we need to help ourselves.... I admit I feel I cant give much hope to these people , all I can offer is my own experience of the illness, I dont tell them to take any medicines or supplements, all I offer is what not to use .

Old 07-13-2018, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have opinions, how strong, well that is from what I believe. One can go to 5 different MD's with all their degrees and be told 5 different things. There are some medical people here and they voice their opinions and their debating skills. It's often their way or the highway, they hear no one else's opinions.
What really annoyed me Jamin with my own MCS health issues was doctors trying to get me on antidepressants years ago.... if they dont know or cant be bothered finding out more .. they seem to think its in your head... believe me theyre wrong.. no matter how many years theyve studied for their job, they still wont deviate from what theyve learned ... Im glad to read that some doctors do look at alternative therapies for such illnesses.........I had to ask to be sent to a Homepathic hospital fifteen years ago in the hope of obtaining help.. they spoke to me for over an hour.. something doctors dont or cant do..... The homeopathic doctor said he was sorry but he couldnt help me as they dont deal in chemicals.. and said I needed an allergist but that there wasnt one in Scotland working for the NHS.... only private.. and why Ive had to help myself with good food for my gut.. supplements and avoidance to toxins..

Old 07-13-2018, 05:13 AM

965 posts, read 400,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Now this is exactly how and why an online health discussion may be helpful. Suzy gave Emily "the name" of what she was looking for, now she can research more about this condition and hopefully get relief.
Moderator cut: comment about another poster removedbut this is a good example of how internet can lead to misdiagnosis.

I looked up the condition and it is basically "It is all in your head" -- how typical of modern medicine. And modern psychiatry (which is ridiculous as well). No no I am just more aware of my body's actual physical condition and thus can feel issues when other less sensitive people can't or won't because they are so oblivious. Now most of those things aren't worth investigating and aren't dangerous. But they are real physical conditions.

Modern medicine is always about blaming "you" if they can't (or refuse) to know or get the answer.

Last edited by in_newengland; 07-13-2018 at 09:02 AM..

Old 07-14-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
Moderator cut: comment about another poster removedbut this is a good example of how internet can lead to misdiagnosis.

I looked up the condition and it is basically "It is all in your head" -- how typical of modern medicine. And modern psychiatry (which is ridiculous as well). No no I am just more aware of my body's actual physical condition and thus can feel issues when other less sensitive people can't or won't because they are so oblivious. Now most of those things aren't worth investigating and aren't dangerous. But they are real physical conditions.

Modern medicine is always about blaming "you" if they can't (or refuse) to know or get the answer.
Totally agree with you....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or